Apple is holding another one of its big events today, expected to be the unveiling of the iPad 3. Mashable runs down 11 things to watch for when it begins at 1pm ET:
- Tim Cook will be "the main attraction." He may not be as theatrical as Steve Jobs, but he's definitely Apple's biggest gun.
- There will be a lot of buildup. Before answering all your burning questions, Apple will have to build up to the big reveal by hyping its "dazzling" sales and download stats.
- Get ready for Mountain Lion. Apple's new Mac OS won't go on sale until the summer, but its new features will most certainly be previewed.
- iOS6? Maybe. What's less known is whether Cook will tease Apple's next mobile operating system.
- The main event. Apple's big reveal doesn't even make it onto Mashable's list until No. 7, and Chris Taylor expects that all the rumors and questions about the mystery device will be addressed "in five minutes or less." At this point, many bloggers are expecting an iPad HD rather than an iPad 3.
- One last surprise? Steve Jobs was the master of "the last-minute surprise," but there wasn't one when Cook announced the iPhone 4S. If there is one this time around, it could be Apple's new TV box, or even the "fabled iTV."
How about that iPad? The Telegraph
rounds up some of the rumored features, including a retina display, a faster processor, a Catalogue Store, and a Smart Case. Click for that story
, or Mashable's full list
. (Read more iPad