Two Canadian sisters have been found dead in their hotel room on Phi Phi Island, Thailand, and investigators suspect poisoning, reports the New York Daily News. Audrey and Noemi Belanger, a 20-year-old and a 26-year-old from Quebec, checked into the Phi Phi Palms Residence hotel on Tuesday and were not seen on Wednesday and did not answer the door for the maid on Thursday. On Friday, when the maid got the master key to the room, she found them dead.
"There was a lot of vomit in the room ... they had skin lesions and it seemed that they had bled from the gums," an investigator says. "Also, their fingernails and toenails were blue." The deaths have been described as similar to an incident on the same island in 2009, when an American woman and a Norwegian died suddenly after falling ill. Police say the women's belongings were still in the room and they do not suspect murder. The sisters' bodies have been sent to Bangkok for examination. (Read more Thailand stories.)