Turns out Jaden Smith doesn't really want to be emancipated from his parents—but these 10 child stars, rounded up by the Huffington Post, did:
- Drew Barrymore petitioned for emancipation in 1991, when she was 15, in order to skirt child labor laws that were restricting the hours she could work.
- Alicia Silverstone did the same thing, at the same age, so she could film The Crush in 1993.
- Michelle Williams was also emancipated at age 15, but she later said she was "stupid" to live on her own: "I didn't know what I was taking on."
- Macaulay Culkin's quest for emancipation was a bit more contentious: It was preceded by a custody battle and a financial fight.
- Similarly, financial reasons were behind Corey Feldman's emancipation at age 15—he discovered he only had $40,000 left of $1 million he'd earned.
- Emancipation runs in this family: Courtney Love was emancipated as a teen, and then her daughter Frances Bean Cobain won emancipation in 2010.
Click for the complete list
. (Read more Drew Barrymore