A special pair of glasses and an extra-special bottle of beer highlight the week's most uplifting stories:
- Baby's Amazement at New Glasses Goes Viral: Piper Verdusco can finally see clearly, and a "melt-your-heart" video that captures the first moments of the baby experiencing clear vision has itself been seen more than 30 million times. Is that you, Mom and Dad?
- Sweet Gestures for Fallen Vet: A woman orders a beer at a Buffalo Hot Wings, not to drink but as a tribute to her brother, a vet killed in Iraq. The bartender doesn't charge her, and the kind gesture prompts her to leave a moving thank-you note. The best part of the story, though, is where that beer ends up.
- Good Samaritans Save Shark: When beachgoers in Chatham, Mass., came across a beached great white, they didn't just gawk and let the shark die. They splashed water on it to keep it alive—long enough for the harbormaster to arrive for a most unusual tow.
- Mystery Donor Gives Oakland a Boost: What to do with a spare $34 million? You could buy a private jet, a good-sized Caribbean island—or you could help countless people in one of California's most troubled cities. An anonymous donor went for the latter option.
- Vet Pays Silent Tribute to Tennessee Victims: Plenty of words of praise have been offered for the Marines shot to death in Chattanooga, but it's a veteran's silent tribute that was resonating online. Ben Kinsey stood on a South Carolina bridge with an American flag—for a very specific period of time.
Click to read more acts of good
, including a teacher who will use her lottery winnings to buy her students shoes
. (Read more uplifting news