All public schools in Nashua, NH, will be closed Monday after what Superintendent Mark Conrad describes as a "detailed threat of violence to harm students and staff" at both of the city's high schools. The school district made 14,000 automated phone calls Sunday evening to inform parents of the closure, WMUR reports. "I regret any difficulties this creates for working parents but safety must remain our first priority," Conrad, who expects schools to reopen on Tuesday, said in a statement. Gov. Maggie Hassan says state officials are working closely with Nashua police and the FBI, per WMUR.
"We are really working from the perspective of caution," the superintendent tells the New Hampshire Union Leader, adding that police are doing a "great job" in trying to determine where the threat came from and whether it's credible. He says the amount of detail in the threat, which was received by a school administrator, is "especially concerning." It's not clear whether the New Hampshire threat is linked to those that were received by school districts across the country and shut down all Los Angeles-area schools for a day last week. Those threats have been traced to an email service that doesn't keep any information on users. (Read more New Hampshire stories.)