JK Rowling is an active tweeter, and Mashable points out this heartwarming Monday morning exchange between the Harry Potter author and a fan:
- Twitter user "pale emo nerd" tweeted, "@jk_rowling could you please teach me how to scare the dementors that have been living under my bed? i'm tired of being sad all the time."
- Rowling's response came just a few minutes later: "They're bothering a unique, valuable human being who deserves happiness. Ask for help. Don't fight alone. Big hug."
- Rowling's reply got the Twitterverse's attention, and dozens of other supportive tweets came pouring in to the original tweeter.
- Rowling herself retweeted one of those messages with the note, "wise words." The wise words in question? "And don't forget to eat chocolate every now & then! *hugs from another person fighting her dementors*"
- The original tweeter, who had been sending other sad messages like "some day soon I'll leave this life behind," soon started retweeting the messages of support and thanking everyone. She eventually wrote, "oh god im going to sleep now with a big smile on my face."
(Read more JK Rowling