Pot on fire, pizza rolls that hurt more than your belly, and a man who doesn't want police to interview his would-be sexual partners factor into this week's craziest crimes.
- Man Forced to Alert Cops Before Sex Plans Hunger Strike: Think it's ridiculous for someone to face five years in prison for not warning police that he's about to have sex? So does a British man who plans to protest with a hunger strike. The unnamed father of two was cleared of rape but must abide by an "interim sexual risk order," which the 45-year-old says requires him to take steps that make it impossible to have a relationship.
- Escaped Inmate Orders Beer, Asks Bar Owner to Help Him Out: If you'd escaped from jail and been on the lam for a week, grown exhausted and hungry, wouldn't you want a beer? Police say Shaun Higham did Tuesday night. The 45-year-old was in Arkansas' Logan County jail on an aggravated robbery charge when he picked a lock and fled on June 28, police say. How and where he got picked up is most unusual.
- Dad Torches Pot Plants, Son Calls Cops on Him: A young man from Australia got into it with his dad Tuesday night and ended up placing a phone call that has police shaking their heads. When cops showed up, the "indignant and enraged" son threw his dad under the bus for what he saw as the ultimate crime: chucking his "prized cannabis plants" into a bonfire. Here's what police had to say.
- NC Couple's Alleged Assault Weapon: Pizza Rolls: There's nothing more American than mom, baseball, apple pie—or, on the Fourth of July in North Carolina, pizza rolls and assault. Brad Scott Beard, 24, and 21-year-old Samantha Brooke Canipe were arrested early Monday and charged with misdemeanor assault after they apparently declared their independence from civility and started attacking each other with pizza rolls. Here's what kind of punishment they're possibly looking at.
- Cops: Thief Found in Odd Place With Stolen Lingerie Mannequin: A clerk at the Hustler Hollywood store in Nashville told police that a drunk guy entered the store after midnight Monday, grabbed a lingerie mannequin, took it into the parking lot, and, after a brief argument with the clerk, tossed it into the back of his truck and drove off. Police say they found the man, 55-year-old Christopher Wade, and the mannequin ... in an odd place.
Read about more crazy crimes here
. (Read more weird crimes