Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Read odd news stories and other latest weird crimes news from around the world on Newser.com
Stories 1 - 20 |
After Mink Release, Plow
Brought In to Clear Carcasses
Nov 16, 2022 2:30 AM CST
After Mink Release, Plow Brought In to Clear Carcasses
Vandals released up to 40K of them from farm, and 10K remain unaccounted for
- Vandals freed thousands of minks at a rural northwest Ohio farm, leaving an estimated 10,000 of the small carnivorous mammals unaccounted for Tuesday evening, the local sheriff said. So many minks were killed crossing a nearby road that a plow was brought in to help clear the carcasses away,...
Woman Charged With
Unleashing Bees on Cops
Oct 20, 2022 4:22 AM CDT
Woman Charged With Unleashing Bees on Cops
She broke out hives as they tried to serve eviction notice
- A Massachusetts woman is facing multiple assault and battery charges for allegedly releasing a swarm of bees on a group of sheriff's deputies, some of them allergic to bee stings, as they tried to serve an eviction notice, authorities said. Court records show Rorie S. Woods, 55, pleaded not...
Border Patrol Found More Than
Pulp Inside These Pumpkins
Oct 15, 2022 9:30 AM CDT
Border Patrol Found More Than Pulp Inside These Pumpkins
Officials discovered $400K worth of meth in gourds arriving from Mexico
- Last week, more than $300,000 worth of methamphetamine was uncovered at Texas' Eagle Pass Port of Entry, across from Piedras Negras in Mexico. This week, drug smugglers got a little more creative with their meth stash: cramming it into four condom-filled pumpkins, reports NBC News . A release from Customs...
Angry He Couldn't Meet Pope,
US Tourist Smashes Ancient
Oct 6, 2022 3:00 AM CDT
Angry He Couldn't Meet Pope, US Tourist Smashes Ancient Statues
They're being assessed, repaired after Vatican incident
- An American tourist angry he couldn't meet the pope smashed two statues at the Vatican Wednesday, authorities say. The man was at the Museo Chiaramonti, one of the Vatican Museums, when he demanded an audience with the pope and his request was declined, CNN reports, citing local media. He...
Man Clings to Back of
Semi-Truck for 130 Miles
Oct 5, 2022 1:51 PM CDT
Man Clings to Back of Semi-Truck for 130 Miles
Dustin Slocum was charged with joyriding, public intoxication
- A Kansas man has been charged with joyriding, but his ride doesn't sound like a joyful one. Police say Dustin Slocum climbed onto the back of a tractor-trailer at a shipping yard in Wichita and held on to a door bar for a 130-mile journey down Interstate 35. The...
Cyclist Charged After Teen
Girls' Prank Goes Awry
Sep 26, 2022 11:28 AM CDT
Cyclist Charged After Teen Girls' Prank Goes Awry
Mathieu van der Poel accused of physically assaulting girls who kept knocking on his door
- Top cyclist Mathieu van der Poel had been one of the favorites to win Sunday's world championship race in Wollongong, Australia. Instead of that, he ended up flying home to the Netherlands with a criminal conviction under his belt, reports the
. It seems that a group of kids...
Kansas Man Sentenced
for Illegal Autopsy Scheme
Sep 20, 2022 5:33 PM CDT
Kansas Man Sentenced for Illegal Autopsy Scheme
Self-taught pathology assistant Shawn Parcells gets 6 years
- A Kansas man who admitted running an illegal autopsy scheme has been sentenced to nearly six years in prison for wire fraud. Shawn Parcells, 42, was sentenced Monday in federal court to one count of wire fraud, the US Attorney's office said. He pleaded guilty in May. As part...
Man Allegedly Sawed Off
Leg as Daughter Watched
Sep 18, 2022 6:33 AM CDT
Man Allegedly Sawed Off Leg as Daughter Watched
Shannon Cox of Arkansas is charged with endangering welfare of a minor
- Authorities say a child was thrown into a state of shock after her father amputated his own leg in front of her. Per a probable cause affidavit cited by NBC News , Shannon Cox faces a felony charge of endangering the welfare of a minor in connection with the Aug. 2...
After Hour-Long Commute,
She Noticed the Man in Her Car
in case you missed it
Aug 28, 2022 4:40 PM CDT
After Hour-Long Commute, She Noticed the Man in Her Car
He was passed out in the back of her SUV
- The commute sounds typical if a little long and tiring: A Rhode Island woman listened to a podcast Sunday night while making the almost hour-long drive from Providence to her job in Easton, Massachusetts. When she got to her company's parking lot, she realized she hadn't made the...
What Not to Do
Upon Leaving Jail
Aug 9, 2022 2:13 PM CDT
What Not to Do Upon Leaving Jail
Florida deputies say man was released on bail, then tried to break into 3 vehicles parked at jail
- A man in Tampa, Florida, had an usually busy day with Pinellas County deputies over the weekend, according to the
Tampa Bay Times
. First, the unidentified 32-year-old was arrested about 7am Sunday on drunken driving charges after being involved in a fender bender, say police. Hours later, he posted $500...
Florida Men Accused
of Stealing $1.3M
Worth of Seafood
Aug 8, 2022 3:18 AM CDT
Florida Men Accused of Stealing $1.3M Worth of Seafood
They were caught after seafood supplier got suspicious
- Three South Florida men are accused of stealing $1.3 million in seafood by pretending they were a buyer for a supermarket. Rene Hechevarria Echemend, 33, Ernesto Aguilera Baute, 36, and Jose Luis Batista Suarez, 40, are accused of carrying out a scheme in which the fake buyer (using the...
DUIs on Golf Carts and
Scooters? Welcome to Florida
Aug 4, 2022 7:10 PM CDT
DUIs on Golf Carts and Scooters? Welcome to Florida
Recent arrests occurred along state's busiest interstate, at Walmart
- A woman with an open bottle of Jack Daniel's whiskey in a bag was arrested for driving a golf cart on Florida's busiest interstate while drunk, according to an arrest report. The 58-year-old woman was arrested Saturday night on the shoulder of Interstate 95. She's now facing...
Hey, Florida Man.
Meet Florida Sheriff
Jul 23, 2022 12:15 PM CDT
Hey, Florida Man. Meet Florida Sheriff
A few guys with badges are going as viral as some of the dumb criminals they deal with
- When a naked man in southwestern Florida recently raised a ruckus outside his house and threatened a deputy with a kitchen knife, the SWAT team swooped in and apprehended him. Soon afterward, Lee County Sheriff Carmine Marceno stood on the man's driveway in combat gear for a news conference...
Cops: They Didn't Thank
Him for Holding the Door.
So He Pulled a Gun
Jul 19, 2022 3:00 AM CDT
Cops: They Didn't Thank Him for Holding the Door. So He Pulled a Gun
Connecticut man has been arrested and charged
- Joshua Murray held the door for two women at a Family Dollar store in Connecticut on Saturday afternoon and got upset, customers say, when they didn't thank him.
upset. Murray, 25, is accused of brandishing a gun in his anger and pointing it at multiple customers, the
Affidavit: Fishing Trip Turned
Deadly After Mention of Bigfoot
Jul 15, 2022 9:04 AM CDT
Affidavit: Fishing Trip Turned Deadly After Mention of Bigfoot
In bizarre Oklahoma crime, man allegedly killed friend due to fears of being fed to Sasquatch
- A weekend fishing excursion on Oklahoma's South Canadian River turned deadly, and in a bizarre twist, Bigfoot comes into play in the case. According to an arrest affidavit from the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation, Larry Sanders and his buddy Jimmy Knighten set out Saturday afternoon to catch some...
Funeral Director Takes Plea
in 'Body Part Scheme'
Jul 6, 2022 12:58 PM CDT
Funeral Director Takes Plea in 'Body Part Scheme'
Megan Hess faces up to 20 years after pleading guilty to mail fraud
- For one funeral home operator in Colorado, it wasn’t enough to charge bereaved families for cremation and burial services. Megan Hess allegedly struck on what authorities call an "illegal body part scheme" to pad her income. According to the
New York Times,
Hess, 45, has pleaded guilty in...
Man Accused of Disney
Scheme Involving R2-D2 Statue
Jul 1, 2022 8:20 AM CDT
Man Accused of Disney Scheme Involving R2-D2 Statue
Authorities say David Proudfoot posed as Disney World worker, moved droid replica
- According to authorities, David Proudfoot posed as a worker at Disney World and moved a $10,000 replica of R2-D2 from its place at a Disney resort. According to Proudfoot, he was just trying to do the park a favor. FOX 35 reports the 44-year-old Kissimmee resident was arrested on...
They Showed Up to Arrest His
Son. Out Came the Excavator
Jun 29, 2022 10:50 AM CDT
They Showed Up to Arrest His Son. Out Came the Excavator
Vermont's Wayne Tallman is now facing charges, as is son Brandon
- "They don't have a scenario at the academy where we practice this one." So Vermont State Police Captain Matt Daley tells WCAX of an incident that saw two troopers threatened by the swinging bucket of an excavator. The troopers had arrived at Wayne Tallman's home in...
by Posts on
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT
Jun 25, 2022 1:45 PM CDT
Bodybuilder's Scam Foiled by Posts on Social Media
New York man pleads guilty to $200K scam
- In 2013, while he was working as an electrician, Anthony Ragusa fell while on the job. From 2015 to 2020, he collected more than $200,000 in disability benefits after claiming the injuries suffered in the fall left him unable to do work of any kind. His benefits application claimed...
Man Allegedly Steals Cop Car,
Then Responds to Call
Jun 23, 2022 1:26 PM CDT
Man Allegedly Steals Cop Car, Then Responds to Call
Jeremiah James Taylor faces a slew of charges in Colorado
- It's one thing to steal a marked police car. It's another to respond to an emergency call in that same car. Authorities in Teller County, Colorado, says Jeremiah James Taylor, 33, did just that this week, reports KDVR . The county sheriff's office says Taylor first stole the...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Trump Aides Struggle on White Supremacist Dinner
Irish Court to Elon Musk: No, You Can't Fire This Exec
Late Surge May Make This the 'Emoji of the Year'
Huge Fatal Landslide Blamed on Ill-Advised Development
Maine Objects to Decision by Whole Foods on Lobster
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.