Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
The Coronavirus Pandemic
Confirmed US cases: 2,852,807 »
Read our complete coverage here »
Stories 1 - 20 |
Cops: Thief Left Behind Unexpected Clue
His young son, leading police in Germany to make an easy arrest
- Police in Germany say they had an easy time tracking down a petty thief—he forgot his own son at the scene of the crime. Bautzen police said the 29-year-old suspect ran off when the $5.65 worth of goods he was trying to steal triggered an alarm at a...
Cops: Man 'Still Had Hamburger in His Ear Upon Arrival'
Florida woman accused of domestic battery against boyfriend
- Florida is trying to get back to some level of normalcy during the coronavirus pandemic—and the latest crime report shows it may be doing just that. The Smoking Gun reports that Tanya Cordero, 47, was arrested Monday after an incident in a mobile home in Largo, Fla. Per an...
You Do Not Want to Drive Into This Kind of Pond
Cops: Drunken driver spent 2 hours in manure pond
- A Facebook post by the California Highway Patrol in South Sacramento uses no fewer than four poop emojis in telling this story, for good reason. It seems that in the wee hours of Monday morning, a driver called police to say he'd crashed into a pond on a dairy...
Apparently Out of Masks, Robbers Wore Watermelons
20-year-old charged with wearing a mask during robbery in Virginia
- Police in small-town Virginia say they've nabbed one of two thieves who wore watermelons on their heads while robbing a convenience store earlier this month. The Louisa Police Department announced the arrest on Saturday, hours after sharing surveillance photos of the thieves wearing hallowed-out watermelons with holes for eyes...
Cops: Booted From McDonald's, Guy Throws Rock, Steals Panties
Jason Daddario, 37, was charged with criminal mischief and breach of peace
- A man who'd been kicked out of a McDonald's restaurant for having no face mask threw a rock through the window, stole some underwear from a Walmart, and surrendered when police threatened to set a dog on him, authorities said. The AP reports that Jason Daddario, 37, was...
Park Ranger's Lecture on Social Distancing Doesn't Go Well
Brandon Hicks, 25, is accused of pushing Texas park ranger Cassidy Stillwell into a lake
- A Texas park ranger who was politely instructing a crowd on social distancing Thursday unexpectedly ended up in a lake—and the man accused of pushing him in has been arrested. The ranger, identified by CNN as Cassidy Stillwell, was patrolling Commons Ford Ranch Metropolitan Park in Austin around 5pm...
He Opened Freezer in Dead Mom's Home. Then, 'Screaming'
NYC police are investigating why a decomposed body was found in duct-taped freezer
- Police say a man found a decomposed body in his dead mother's freezer as he was clearing out her Manhattan apartment, the AP reports. He found the body this week in a chest freezer that had been sealed with duct tape, the
New York Daily News
reported. Investigators say...
Florida Man Accused of Cruel Restaurant Prank
NJ police say Sudeep Khetani placed big orders, never intended to pay or pick up
- As if restaurants needed any more hurt these days: New Jersey police say a Florida man enacted a cruel scam on more than a dozen restaurants in the state. Sudeep Khetani, 34, is accused of calling pizzerias and restaurants and placing hefty orders that totaled several thousand dollars. "Each...
She Accused Astronaut of a Space Crime. Now, a Twist
Summer Worden, ex-wife of astronaut Anne McClain, accused of making false statements
- It was an unprecedented accusation , and now there's a twist: In what's been described as the first allegation of a crime in space, astronaut Anne McClain was accused of improperly accessing the personal bank account of estranged spouse Summer Worden on two occasions in January 2019 while McClain...
Cops: Woman Arrested for Licking Groceries
Police say she ruined $1.8K of merchandise
- In behavior that would have been deeply wrong even before the coronavirus pandemic, a California woman allegedly licked groceries and jewelry inside a Safeway in South Lake Tahoe. Police said in a statement that they were called to the store Tuesday and an employee informed the officers that the woman...
Guy in High-Speed Chase Was Teaching Dog to Drive: Cops
'I wish I could make this up'
- While it may or may not be possible to teach an old dog new tricks, teaching a dog of any age to drive is not advisable. Washington state troopers say that during a high-speed chase near Lakewood on Sunday, they were astounded to see that a pit bull was in...
Police List Alternatives to Calling 911 for Toilet Paper
Department makes clear it won't deliver
- It may seem like a 911-worthy emergency if you run out, but police in an Oregon town have clarified the issue. It's not. "It’s hard to believe that we even have to post this," Newport police said on Facebook . "Do not call 9-1-1 just because...
Cops: Ax-Wielding Robber Took Only Doughnuts
They found him, and the doughnuts, a block away
- An ax-wielding man who robbed a doughnut shop in Oregon wasn't interested in money, police say. The suspect allegedly jumped over the counter of the 24-hour shop in downtown Portland, filled a box with doughnuts and then fled on foot, leaving his hatchet behind and the cash register untouched,...
He Licked the Ice Cream, Then Bought It. But It Was Too Late
D'Adrien Anderson, 24, sentenced after licking Blue Bell ice cream at Texas market
- Last summer came headline after headline about someone taking a carton of Blue Bell ice cream out of supermarket freezers, licking the ice cream contained therein, then putting the carton back on store shelves. A punishment has been handed down over one of those stunts: D'Adrien Anderson was sentenced...
Cops Describe Seizure as
Meets John Wick'
This was no regular traffic stop in Michigan
- The Bath Township Police Department in Michigan has a "wildly popular" Facebook page , per MLive.com , and the department's latest confiscation shows just why that may be. On Jan. 27, during an early-morning traffic stop, cops there found a "very odd combination" of drugs (methamphetamine, specifically) and...
It's Another Weird Headline for Steven Seagal
Former action star accused with illegally promoting cryptocurrency
- Steven Seagal's "action hero" status may have waned a bit since the
days, but the actor still finds himself in the headlines quite a bit , often for odd or disturbing reasons. The latest headline is no exception: Seagal has been charged with unlawfully promoting cryptocurrency without...
He Wanted Nurses' Attention, Got Cops' Attention, Too
Police say John King wanted his clothes, set fire to his hospital bed
- John King really,
wanted his clothes. Police say the Florida man had been admitted to a New Smyrna Beach hospital for respiratory failure Saturday and felt like the nurses were ignoring his request for his clothing, so he set his hospital bed on fire to get their attention. They...
Drug Dealer Learns Big Lesson on Where Not to Hide Bitcoin Codes
$60M now can't be accessed after Clifton Collins stashed codes in fishing rod case that's vanished
- He should've stuck to his praise-winning honey. An Irish former beekeeper-turned-drug dealer is ruing the day he came up with the bright idea to stash the codes to accounts harboring close to $60 million in bitcoin in the aluminum cap of a fishing rod case—which, per the
Inmate Climbed Into Ceiling. It Didn't End Well
Ohio inmate's prison escape plan foiled after ceiling gives way
- WOIO calls it a botched prison escape in Ohio that ended in "embarrassing fashion." ABC7 calls it an "epic fail"—or should it be "epic fall"? It was all of these things for Jessica Boomershine, who was caught on surveillance camera determinedly trying...
Cops: Man Made Woman Watch
to Confront Her 'Racism'
Robert Noye allegedly threatened the woman in his home in Cedar Rapids, Iowa
- An Iowa man was arrested Monday after being accused of employing an unusual attempt to school a woman on prejudice and discrimination. The
reports that 52-year-old Robert Lee Noye is facing charges of first-degree harassment and false imprisonment after he allegedly forced a woman at his Cedar Rapids home...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
In 'Very, Very, Very Large Crowd' at Nightclub, a Mass Shooting
There's Apparently a New Kid in the 2020 Race
The Maya Had Good Reason to Abandon Tikal
Canada Busts Americans Under Quarantine Act
Yankees' First Team Workout Is a Disaster
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
Newser In Your Inbox
Get The Morning 8: The eight stories you need to know, bright and early.
View all Newsletters and sign up
Get our apps
Suggest a Story
© 2020 Newser, LLC. All rights reserved.
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.