Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Read odd news stories and other latest weird crimes news from around the world on Newser.com
Stories 1 - 20 |
Mom Who Said Her Kids' Xmas
Gifts Were Stolen Is Arrested
Dec 11, 2023 7:31 AM CST
Mom Who Said Her Kids' Xmas Gifts Were Stolen Is Arrested
Police now say Shana Hudson, 39, 'took advantage of the system'
- A Florida woman who earned the sympathy of her community after reporting that her kids' Christmas gifts were stolen out of her home has been arrested for falsely reporting that crime. WKRC and Fox News report on the case of 39-year-old Shana Hudson, who, according to a Facebook post by...
Nov 28, 2023 2:30 AM CST
Would-Be Carjackers Stymied by Stick Shift
Suspects in attempted carjacking of a Porsche end up fleeing the scene in another vehicle
- A group of would-be carjackers were forced to flee without the Porsche they were trying to carjack once they discovered it was a manual transmission and they didn't know how to drive stick. The car's owner was outside a business in Bethesda, Maryland, late Sunday when the group...
Cops Find Wanted Woman in
Most Comfy of Hiding Spots
in case you missed it
Nov 26, 2023 11:10 AM CST
Cops Find Wanted Woman in Most Comfy of Hiding Spots
Felon Stacy Usher, sought by police for alleged parole violation in Florida, was found inside couch
- A convicted felon in three different Florida counties eluded law enforcement for most of November, but authorities tracked her down this week hiding in her own home. WFLA reports that the Citrus County Sheriff's Office had been searching for 39-year-old Stacy Usher, who, according to its Nov. 8 Facebook...
Texas Mother Who Posed
as Teen Daughter Found Guilty
Nov 23, 2023 9:40 AM CST
Texas Mother Who Posed as Teen Daughter Found Guilty
Casey Garcia pretended to be her 13-year-old daughter for a day
- Casey Garcia, the then-30-year-old mom who posed as her 13-year-old daughter at a Texas middle school in 2021 was last week found guilty of criminal trespassing. Another charge of tampering with government records had previously been dropped. The now 33-year-old was handed 6 months of probation, along with 100 hours...
Lawyer Accused of Bringing
More Than Papers to Jail
Nov 22, 2023 10:40 AM CST
Lawyer Accused of Bringing More Than Papers to Jail
Ronald Lewis, 77, is accused of smuggling drug-laced documents to inmates in Texas facility
- A good attorney will have your back as you navigate all the legalities of your case. An even better attorney knows that "having your back" doesn't translate to sneaking narcotics into the facility where you're incarcerated. That's exactly what lawyer Ronald Henry Lewis is accused of...
After Police Chase, Golfers
Trap Suspect in Port-a-Potty
Nov 17, 2023 2:14 PM CST
After Police Chase, Golfers Trap Suspect in Port-a-Potty
Golf course in the Wisconsin city of Glendale saw a bit of excitement this week
- A run-in with law enforcement drove a suspect in Wisconsin into the stinkiest hiding place he could find—both figuratively and literally. WISN reports that police in Glendale embarked on a chase Wednesday of an SUV stolen from Minnesota, which crashed into multiple cars, traffic barrels, and a guardrail before...
of Killing Friend
With Eye Drops
Nov 14, 2023 6:35 PM CST
Woman Guilty of Killing Friend With Eye Drops
Jury finds Jessy Kurczewski guilty of homicide, theft
- A Wisconsin woman has been found guilty of killing a friend in 2018 by poisoning her with eye drops. A jury found Jessy Kurczewski, 37, guilty of one count of homicide and two counts of theft, the
Milwaukee Journal Sentinel
reports. She will face a mandatory life sentence on the...
Story of $6M Bank Heist Will
Have You Shaking Your Head
Nov 9, 2023 2:00 AM CST
Story of $6M Bank Heist Will Have You Shaking Your Head
Authorities say Costa Rica's largest-ever bank heist was an inside job
- Little by little, an employee of Costa Rica's National Bank took advantage of a surveillance blindspot to slip more than $6 million worth of currency into envelopes and casually walk out of the country's largest bank, authorities said Wednesday. First announced last month, it was the largest bank...
Cops: Burglars at Car Dealer
Wore Some Interesting Outfits
Oct 27, 2023 1:55 PM CDT
Cops: Burglars at Car Dealer Wore Some Interesting Outfits
One was said to be in a 'pimp coat,' the other in a cowboy hat during Spokane break-in
- Two suspects have been arrested and police are seeking a third after a car dealership in Spokane, Washington, reported an ambitious break-in earlier this week. Workers at Northtown Auto Sales arrived to work on Tuesday morning to find eight vehicles missing "and a rope hanging down from a giant...
Thieves Who Allegedly
Swiped 2M Dimes Indicted
Oct 24, 2023 1:46 PM CDT
Thieves Who Allegedly Swiped 2M Dimes Indicted
Feds say the men stole $235K in 10-cent coins off of a tractor-trailer from the US Mint
- Federal authorities have released more details and unsealed charges in the theft of more than 2 million dimes earlier this year from a tractor-trailer that had picked up the coins from the US Mint in Philadelphia. The truck driver was bound for Miami when he pulled into a parking lot...
Arrested at Wedding
Oct 9, 2023 3:00 AM CDT
Alleged Serial Wedding Crasher Arrested at Wedding
57-year-old is accused of stealing money, cards
- A 57-year-old woman who has allegedly crashed weddings in three states was arrested at a wedding in Mississippi on September 30. The Pontotoc County Sheriff's Department says Sandra Lynn Henson is charged with petit larceny, trespassing, and disturbing the peace in that state—and that she's been accused...
As Suspect Fled the Scene,
Her Blonde Wig Went Flying
Oct 4, 2023 1:40 PM CDT
As Suspect Fled the Scene, Her Blonde Wig Went Flying
Driver in stolen truck rams into cop cars, leads police on chase in Orange County, California
- A slow-moving police chase in California unexpectedly picked up speed Monday night, with the incident culminating in a suspect's arrest at a local Denny's. Orange County's La Habra Police Department reports that the pursuit began at around 8:20pm local time, with the driver of a stolen...
Man Who Found Bag
With $5K Inside Arrested
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT
Sep 3, 2023 11:40 AM CDT
Man Who Found Bag With $5K Inside Arrested
The problem, police say, is that Connecticut man kept the cash
- A Connecticut man says it felt like he won the lottery when he discovered a bag with nearly $5,000 in cash lying in a parking lot. So, he decided to keep it. Three months later, he has been charged with larceny, the AP reports. It turns out the bag,...
Cops: Robbery Suspect
Went to Store With 3 Parrots
Aug 26, 2023 9:22 AM CDT
Cops: Robbery Suspect Went to Store With 3 Parrots
They're trying to track down Virginia 'bird bandit'
- Police in Fairfax County, Virginia are calling him the "Bird Bandit." Police say the suspect displayed a knife and robbed somebody of an undisclosed amount of money at a McDonald's in the Seven Corners area on Tuesday morning, the
reports. The suspect is described as...
A Stolen Vehicle Crashed Into
a Cop Car. Inside, a Surprise
Aug 18, 2023 8:50 AM CDT
A Stolen Vehicle Crashed Into a Cop Car. Inside, a Surprise
The owner, a juvenile, fled the crash site and was later arrested; suspect never mentioned the cat
- Connecticut police who found a kitten in a stolen car say they've located the animal's owner: a juvenile suspect who fled and was arrested after the car crashed. The Meriden Police Department said on its Facebook page Thursday that the gray-and-white male cat, believed to be about 7...
Cops Hear Weird Siren,
Arrest Phony US Marshal
Aug 7, 2023 4:27 PM CDT
Cops Hear Weird Siren, Arrest Phony US Marshal
Florida man claimed he was investigating shootings
- A man accused of impersonating a law enforcement officer was wearing a hat that said "Police US Marshal," police in Florida say, but it didn't take a real Marshal more than a few seconds to determine he wasn't the real deal. The Marion County Sheriff's...
Dog Detects Thief,
Does Not Deter Thief
Aug 7, 2023 3:13 PM CDT
Dog Detects Thief, Does Not Deter Thief
Friendly pooch accepts a belly rub instead, and San Diego police release the video
- A San Diego dog is excellent at detecting burglars. The next step could use a little work. As NBC San Diego reports, police released an unusual surveillance video of a burglar taking an electric bike from a homeowner's garage. "In a rather peculiar turn of events, as the...
Fed Her Home
in case you missed it
Aug 6, 2023 3:00 PM CDT
Woman, 87, Fed Her Home Invader
Maine's Marjorie Perkins says she fought off teen home intruder, then fed him a meal
- An elderly woman not only fought off an intruder who broke into her Maine home—she made sure he was well-fed before he went on his way. The
reports that 87-year-old Marjorie Perkins of Brunswick was fast asleep last Wednesday when she woke up to find a young...
Cops: Man Who Fondled
Feet in Tahoe Arrested
Aug 3, 2023 9:54 AM CDT
Cops: Man Who Fondled Feet in Tahoe Arrested
Mark Anthony Gonzales, 26, accused of sneaking into Nevada resort condos to commit creepy crime
- A California man accused of sneaking into Lake Tahoe vacation condos and fondling women's feet has been arrested. On Wednesday, the Douglas County Sheriff's Office in Nevada said that 26-year-old Mark Anthony Gonzales of Atwater had been taken into custody on Monday and hit with burglary and battery...
After Bank Robber
Failed at First Bank,
He Crossed Street
and Tried Again: Cops
Jul 21, 2023 12:00 AM CDT
After Bank Robber Failed at First Bank, He Crossed Street and Tried Again: Cops
And that time he was successful, police say
- If at first you don't succeed, try, try again? That was apparently what a 67-year-old New Jersey man figured when he allegedly tried to rob one bank, failed, but then successfully robbed the bank across the street. Police say that on June 30, Ivan Sevastianow walked into a Wells...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Odd Hack for Panic Attacks Goes Viral on TikTok
He Killed Parents, Classmates. His Sister Tells Her Story
Native Americans in Montana Challenge New Gender Law
How the Most Precious Color on Earth Vanished
Drug Gangs Threaten Peace of Famous Squatter Commune
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.