A Syrian man killed a woman with a machete and wounded two others Sunday outside a bus station in the southwestern German city of Reutlingen before being arrested, the AP reports. The woman who was killed in the attack was pregnant, according to the Sun. Police say there were no indications pointing to terrorism. Police spokesman Bjoern Reusch tells the AP that witnesses say the 21-year-old asylum-seeker, who was known to police, was having an argument with the woman before attacking her about 4:30pm. The suspect, whose name was not released, wounded another woman and a man as he fled. Investigators were still trying to determine the motive behind the attack, but Reusch says "there are no indications this was a terrorist act."
The Bild newspaper reports the woman worked at the kebab stand near where confrontation took place. One witness tells Bild. "The perpetrator was completely out of his mind," and says the attacker was run over by a BMW before being arrested. The attack comes as Germany is on edge following a rampage at a Munich mall on Friday night by an 18-year-old who suffered psychological problems in which nine people were killed, and an ax attack on a train a week ago that left five wounded in southern Germany, for which the Islamic State has claimed responsibility. Some Germans are also fearful of any signs of a rise in crime or lawlessness after the country registered some 1 million asylum-seekers last year. (Read more Germany stories.)