McDonald's is currently fighting for its right to serve Big Macs near two Italian landmarks, but the Telegraph reports that 10 countries have already won their burger battle against Mickey D's. A sampling:
- Bermuda: The island prohibits non-local fast-food restaurants, though there was a McDonald's on a US Naval Air Station there for 10 years.
- Iran: The only Iranian McDonald's shut down after the 1979 revolution. There is, however, a knock-off restaurant called Mash Donald's.
- Iceland: McDonald's left after the financial crash. The final McDonald's burger served in Iceland is preserved in a glass case for some reason.
- North Korea: Obviously. But North Korean rulers may be smuggling McDonald's in from South Korea.
- Jamaica: Every McDonald's location in the country closed on Oct. 14, 2005, due in part to a lack of investment.
- Barbados: The only McDonald's in the country closed after a year. Residents apparently aren't big beef fans.
- Ghana: The country inexplicably has no McDonald's despite having KFC.
Click for the complete list
. (Read more McDonald's