An 89-year-old veteran who got a new job and a younger veteran who got himself and his dog a job make this week's list of uplifting news:
- Lonely Veteran, 89, Who Placed Ad Looking for Work Starts New Job: An 89-year-old army veteran who made national headlines in Britain with a newspaper ad seeking work has started his new job. The widower, whose wife died two years ago, placed the ad because he was "dying of boredom." Here's what happened on his first day.
- This Viral Holiday Ad Might Leave You Blubbering: The tear-jerker Christmas ad of the year has arrived from Poland. The ad features an elderly man going to quite a bit of trouble to learn English. Why all the effort? It soon becomes clear as the man goes on a very special trip for Christmas. Then a face peeks out from behind a door.
- Strangers Find, Help Cleaner Seen Gazing at Gold: Nazer al-Islam Abdul Karim was looking through a shop window at a jewelry display in Saudi Arabia when he saw "a flash." Days later, he's swimming in gifts. It all started with a humiliating Instagram photo.
- Bride Takes on Saleswoman Who Called Her Ring 'Pathetic': Quinn and Ariel McRae don't have a lot of money. What they do have is love, lots of it, and they decided it was high time after two years of dating to tie the knot. So they pulled together $130, marched to a store in Martin, Tenn., and found a ring set from Pandora they could afford. Then a saleswoman interjected, calling their choice "pathetic." McRae stayed calm—and her response went viral.
- Lowe's Hires Veteran —and His Service Dog: Some customers at a Lowe's store in Texas are getting tag-team assistance from a military veteran and his service dog after both were hired to work at the store. They even both wear red and blue Lowe's vests to work.
Click for more uplifting news
. (Read more uplifting news