It was a particularly weird week in the world of crazy crimes, from a story featuring a Ben Affleck film to a foiled murder attempt that allegedly involved a meeting at the Olive Garden.
- Mushrooms, Pot, Making Out Don't Mix for Brothers: Sorry, Philly—Indianapolis gets to be the City of Brotherly Love this month. That's thanks to Timothy Batz, 21, and his 24-year-old sibling, Noah Batz, both accused of involvement in a chaotic story featuring drugs, nudity, assault, and an intense makeout session in front of a dumpster. Court documents say police who showed up Sunday at the Lighthouse Landings apartment complex found the brothers wandering around naked; what allegedly happened before cops arrived is far stranger.
- Ben Affleck Movie Helped Secure Robbery Convictions: Watching a Ben Affleck movie in court? Seems weird, but prosecutors in a robbery trial showed jurors clips from Ben Affleck's 2010 film The Town. Here's why: Akeem Monsalvatge, Edward Byam, and Derrick Dunkley committed a robbery in 2010 and made off with $44,000. Their 2012 robbery was much more sophisticated, and they walked away with $200,000, and prosecutors argued that The Town had something to do with the improvement.
- Cops: Couple Hired Hitman for Their Exes at Olive Garden: The Olive Garden isn't exactly the place that comes to mind when one thinks of "best spot to meet your hitman," but police allege that's exactly what happened in Texas. A Houston couple have been charged with solicitation of capital murder in connection with an alleged plot to have both their exes killed. Fortunately for those exes, they picked the wrong hitman.
- Huge Group of Dine-and-Dashers Leaves Behind $13K in Unpaid Checks: All hail the new kings of the dine and dash. Authorities and restaurateurs in northwest Spain are on the lookout after a huge group of hungry people is suspected of skating out on massive bills around the region. One such incident happened Feb. 27 at the Carmen Hotel in Bembibre, where 120 diners were celebrating the christening of two boys. Then they reportedly started dancing the conga...
- Substitute Vomits in Class, Then Cop Looks in Her Purse: A substitute teacher was found throwing up at South Carolina's Brookland-Cayce High School, but a stomach bug wasn't to blame. Judith Richards-Gartee has been charged with disorderly conduct after administrators say they found the 52-year-old vomiting and incapable of standing when they came to her classroom at 9:45am Friday. Here's what an officer found in her handbag.
Click to read more crazy crimes
. (Read more weird crimes