While accepting her Emmy award for outstanding lead actress in a limited series for Big Little Lies, Nicole Kidman specifically mentioned that she's a mom—to two little girls with husband Keith Urban. She wants her Emmy to go on their shelf as a reminder of what she was working toward on nights she didn't tuck them into bed, she joked, but the speech had some on Twitter scratching their heads, since Kidman also has two older children with ex-husband Tom Cruise. Some reactions:
- @DrNickiR: "She does have four children though... Ouch."
- @LoveGodUSA: "Great speech @NicoleKidman, sorry you forgot about your other two children , but you thanked everyone!"
- @nursejme: "Ummm doesn't #NicoleKidman have 4 kids?!"
- @CJRainville: "Loved #littlebiglies & deserving of #Emmys2017 but doesn't #nicolekidman have more than 2 girls? A boy & girl w/ @TomCruise"
- @MonicaBabiuk: "Did #NicoleKidman forget she has 4 kids, not just 2. She only mentioned her 2 daughters she had w/ Urban. #EmmyAwards2017 #Shallow #Shame"
- @overanalyze1421: "Nicole Kidman said she had two beautiful children. She has 4."
- @banterjeremy: "@nicolekidman acknowledges her two daughters with Keith,what about your two adopted kids with Tom@Isabellajanecruise and @connorcruise?"
- @SayWhatSugar: "Nicole Kidman legit forgot she has four children, not two, huh."
Click to keep up with the night's winners
. (Read more Emmy Awards