Netflix said Friday night that Kevin Spacey will no longer be a part of House of Cards and it's cutting all other ties with the actor after a series of allegations of sexual harassment and assault, the AP reports. "Netflix will not be involved with any further production of House of Cards that includes Kevin Spacey," the company said in a statement. Netflix said it will work with the show's production company MRC to evaluate whether it will continue without him; Deadline reports that MRC also said in a statement Friday it has suspended Spacey while its investigation continues, and it will be evaluating a "creative path forward" for House of Cards. Production on the show had already been suspended on Tuesday. Netflix says it also will refuse to release the film Gore, in which Spacey stars as the writer Gore Vidal and also acted as producer.
After Anthony Rapp alleged Spacey made sexual advances toward him in 1986, when Rapp was 14, several others to come forward with similar allegations. Eight current or former House of Cards workers claim that Spacey made the production a "toxic" workplace and one ex-employee alleges the actor sexually assaulted him. London police are reportedly investigating Spacey for a 2008 sexual assault, British media reported Friday. Spacey has not been arrested or charged with any crime. His publicist did not immediately return an email message late Friday night seeking comment. A publicist said earlier this week that Spacey is "taking the time necessary to seek evaluation and treatment." Per Deadline, House of Cards was filming the third episode of the not-yet-officially-announced sixth season when production was suspended.
(Read more Kevin Spacey