President Trump lobbed plenty of memorable tweets in 2017, and various sites are compiling their "most explosive" or "biggest" lists, including the Hill, CNN, and Fox News. Here's a general consensus of 10 that generated lots of attention:
- March 4: "Terrible! Just found out that Obama had my 'wires tapped' in Trump Tower just before the victory. Nothing found. This is McCarthyism!"
- February 17: "The FAKE NEWS media (failing @nytimes, @NBCNews, @ABC, @CBS, @CNN) is not my enemy, it is the enemy of the American People!"
- May 12: "James Comey better hope that there are no 'tapes' of our conversations before he starts leaking to the press!"
- May 18: "This is the single greatest witch hunt of a politician in American history!" (Referring to the Robert Mueller investigation.)
- Dec. 12: "Lightweight Senator Kirsten Gillibrand, a total flunky for Chuck Schumer and someone who would come to my office 'begging' for campaign contributions not so long ago (and would do anything for them), is now in the ring fighting against Trump. Very disloyal to Bill & Crooked-USED!"
- June 29: "I heard poorly rated @Morning_Joe speaks badly of me (don't watch anymore). Then how come low I.Q. Crazy Mika, along with Psycho Joe, came.....to Mar-a-Lago 3 nights in a row around New Year's Eve, and insisted on joining me. She was bleeding badly from a face-lift. I said no!" (More here on this controversy involving Mika Brezinski.)
- Oct. 23: "Two dozen NFL players continue to kneel during the National Anthem, showing total disrespect to our Flag & Country. No leadership in NFL!"
- Dec. 2: "I had to fire General Flynn because he lied to the Vice President and the FBI. He has pled guilty to those lies. It is a shame because his actions during the transition were lawful. There was nothing to hide!"
- Nov. 11: "Why would Kim Jong-un insult me by calling me 'old,' when I would NEVER call him 'short and fat?' Oh well, I try so hard to be his friend - and maybe someday that will happen!"
- May 31: "Who can figure out the true meaning of 'covfefe' ??? Enjoy!" This lighthearted one came after Trump confused America with a since-deleted tweet of "Despite the constant negative press covfefe."
(Read more President Trump