Yale Law School is out with its annual list of the year's 10 most notable quotes, and it is not President Trump but one of his attorneys, Rudy Giuliani, that has the No. 1 spot. "The truth isn't the truth." Giuliani uttered it to NBC's Chuck Todd in August while worrying that Trump might "get trapped into perjury" in a Robert Mueller interview. When Todd said, "Truth is truth," Giuliani shot back: "No, it isn't truth. Truth isn't truth." He said later he was referring to the unreliability of witnesses' recollections. The others on the list, per the AP:
- "I liked beer. I still like beer." — Brett Kavanaugh, at his Supreme Court confirmation hearing.
- "While all pharmaceutical treatments have side effects, racism is not a known side effect of any Sanofi medication." — Sanofi drug company, responding to Roseanne Barr blaming Ambien for her show-ending tweet.
- "We gather to mourn the passing of American greatness, the real thing, not cheap rhetoric from men who will never come near the sacrifice he gave so willingly, nor the opportunistic appropriation of those that live lives of comfort and privilege while he suffered and served." — Meghan McCain, in the eulogy for her father, John McCain.
- "We're children. You guys, like, are the adults. You need to take some action and play a role. Work together, come over your politics and get something done." — David Hogg, a survivor of the Parkland, Florida, school shooting.
Read on for the last five.
- "(I am) not smart, but genius ... and a very stable genius at that!" — President Trump.
- "You don't have to agree with Trump but the mob can't make me not love him. We are both dragon energy. He is my brother. I love everyone." — Kanye West.
- "Our country is led by those who will lie about anything, backed by those who will believe anything, based on information from media sources that will say anything." — James Comey.
- "I have just signed your death warrant." — Judge Rosemarie Aquilina, addressing former USA Gymnastics doctor Larry Nassar.
- "If you see anybody from that Cabinet in a restaurant, in a department store, at a gasoline station, you get out and you create a crowd! And you push back on them. And you tell them they're not welcome anymore, anywhere." — Rep. Maxine Waters.
(Kellyanne Conway had last year's No. 1 quote