A missing-toddler case made headlines Friday when the girl's grandmother was pulled over in a reportedly stolen BMW, the Knoxville News-Sentinel reports. Angela Boswell, 42, and her companion William McCloud, 33, were arrested in North Carolina and charged with possessing stolen property. Whether this helps in finding Evelyn Boswell—a 15-month-old Tennessee girl last seen in December—remains to be seen. Investigators say the case is muddied by the fact that Evelyn's mother, Megan, has given conflicting statements, and didn't report her missing until Tuesday. For more:
- 'Kinda vanished': "Well the reason I didn't report it or anything was I knew the person who had her, and I didn't want them to run away with her," the East Tennessee woman tells WCYB. "And as soon as they thought anything was going on they just kinda vanished. ... In a way I knew that as soon as anything went down this person was going to disappear and they have. They won't answer phone calls."
- The men: But who has Evelyn? Blountville man Hunter Wood tells WJHL he dated Megan in December but never saw the girl. Evelyn's father, Ethan Perry, is an Army man stationed in Louisiana. He's not married to Megan, who has full custody.
- Last seen: As for Evelyn, she was apparently last seen by a babysitter on Dec. 10 or 11. Business Insider reports that Sullivan County Sheriff Jeff Cassidy is praying she's alive and says "we are not disregarding anybody as a suspect at this time."
- The grandfather: CNN reports that the case only got rolling because Evelyn's grandfather, Tommy, reported her missing. "I ain't slept nights, I've cried like a baby," he tells WJHL. "I just want my grandbaby to come home."
- Facebook: Megan seems to run at least three Facebook profiles, including one under the name Megan Wood (named after her ex-boyfriend), per Heavy. "You can say whatever you want about me being a young mom, but I promise you my life is so much better with this angel," she writes in a post. "My life wasn't ruined when I had her, she gave me a purpose and a reason to wake up everyday and to better myself."
- The car: In another twist, Megan apparently began but didn't finish purchasing the gray 2007 BMW for her mother, which amounts to theft.
- Reward: The reward for Evelyn's return is up to $56,000. "This is unlike anything I have ever seen," says Cassidy.
(Read more missing child