President Trump's doctor said Saturday that he's fever-free, not on oxygen, and doing "very well" at a military hospital where he's being treated for COVID-19, the AP reports. Navy Commander Dr. Sean Conley added that Trump's symptoms, like nasal congestion and a cough, "are now resolving and improving." He also raised the possibility that Trump was diagnosed earlier than publicly known by saying the president is "72 hours into the diagnosis," per the New York Times. The White House had announced his diagnosis on Friday at about 1am. If he was diagnosed 72 hours ago—around midday Wednesday—that would mean he attended campaign events Wednesday and Thursday with COVID-19. For more:
- Conley later said Trump was in fact tested Thursday afternoon after Hope Hicks tested positive and Trump showed "clinical indications" of COVID-19, the AP reports.
- A source believed to be White House chief of staff Mark Meadows painted a less rosy picture of the president's health, the Guardian reports. "The president's vitals over the last 24 hours were very concerning and the next 48 hours will be critical in terms of his care," he said. "We are still not on a clear path to a full recovery."
- An inside source who spoke to the AP on condition of anonymity said Trump received supplemental oxygen Friday at the White House before going to Walter Reed Medical Center. In his presser, Conley repeatedly refused to say whether Trump was given oxygen. "Thursday no oxygen," he said. "None at this moment."
- On another front, CNN reports that Chris Christie has tested positive for COVID-19. Christie said Friday that no one wore masks when he and a handful of others attended Trump's White House preparation for the presidential debate earlier in the week, USA Today reports. He tells CNN that he has checked himself into a hospital as a precaution.
- Trump emerged Saturday afternoon on Twitter, saying "Doctors, Nurses and ALL at the GREAT Walter Reed Medical Center, and others from likewise incredible institutions who have joined them, are AMAZING!!! Tremendous progress has been made over the last 6 months in fighting this PLAGUE. With their help, I am feeling well!"
(Read more President Trump