It's the read all of Washington has been waiting for, but, alas, it has no index. Lest Sarah Palin's friends, foes, and frenemies be forced to read it all the way through to see how they made out, Politico's Jonathan Martin and Andy Barr offer a guide:
- John McCain: Palin praises him, but ruefully recalls his decision to muzzle her on election night.
- Joe Lieberman: The one-time Democrat's advice was “so heartfelt, so genuine, so sincere.”
- Steve Biegun: Rumored to be the aide responsible for connecting Palin with the Candian DJ who pretended to be Sarkozy, Palin calls him "an absolutely stellar professional."
- Steve Schmidt: After the prank call, the campaign chief blasted her, asking "How can anyone be so stupid?!" Palin gets back by highlighting his "rotund physique."
- Katie Couric: “Where do I begin?" she starts. The anchor's conduct is "unbelievable"—and not in a good way.
- Andrew Smith: "It seemed odd that we were being put in the hands of a man who had never run a campaign, but Andrew seemed like a nice guy."
- Tucker Eskew: Describes him as a "southern gentleman" who followed her "like gum on a shoe."
(Read more Sarah Palin