A thoughtful holiday gift for your boss can smooth out your workday and even help your career. But not all gifts are created equal. David Seaman of The Street lists some to avoid:
- The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People: A self-help or management book "implies that you don't think they are at all effective at what they do."
- "A creepy holiday card": It "could get forwarded straight to HR and then you've got a real problem on your hands."
- An inevitably doomed goldfish: "Every time they see your face, they will be reminded of poor Bubbles."
- A CD by an artist your boss turns out to hate: "Save yourself the stress" and stick to iTunes gift cards.
- DVDs of The Office: "Your boss might become totally paranoid about what you think of him or her."
To see the full no-shopping list, click the source link
at right. (Read more boss