Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 21 - 40 |
Weinstein Transferred to
Mar 19, 2020 1:52 AM CDT
Weinstein Transferred to Maximum-Security Prison
Inmate No. 20B0584 will be held at Wende for evaluation
- New York state inmate No. 20B0584, once one of Hollywood's most powerful figures, arrived at a maximum-security prison near Buffalo Wednesday. Harvey Weinstein, who turns 68 on Thursday, was sent from Rikers Island to the Wende Correctional Institute in Alden, NY, for evaluation, Bloomberg reports. Authorities say Weinstein, who...
Hours After Sentencing
Mar 12, 2020 2:53 AM CDT
Weinstein Hospitalized Hours After Sentencing
Rep says 67-year-old had chest pains
- Harvey Weinstein was back in the hospital before the end of the first day of his 23-year sentence for sex crimes. The 67-year-old, who was sentenced in New York Wednesday, was transferred from the Rikers Island jail complex to Bellevue Hospital hours later after experiencing chest pains, a rep tells...
Here's What Weinstein Said
Before Being Sentenced
Mar 11, 2020 10:22 AM CDT
Here's What Weinstein Said Before Being Sentenced
Fallen movie mogul gets 23 years
- Harvey Weinstein's sentencing hearing began at 9:30am ET Wednesday in New York, and within just about 90 minutes the disgraced movie mogul had been sentenced to 23 years in prison. He had faced between five and 29 years—the higher end of which, NBC New York noted before...
Harvey Weinstein Email:
'Jen Aniston Should Be Killed'
Mar 11, 2020 6:47 AM CDT
Harvey Weinstein Email: 'Jen Aniston Should Be Killed'
Disgraced mogul faces sentence of up to 29 years
- In court papers released ahead of his sentencing Wednesday, Harvey Weinstein says he is suicidal and talks about founding a hospital for other sex addicts. He also calls for Jennifer Aniston to be killed. The Aniston remark was in an email from Weinstein to his rep in Oct. 2017, weeks...
Harvey Weinstein's Rep
Describes Incident at Rikers
Mar 9, 2020 2:47 PM CDT
Harvey Weinstein's Rep Describes Incident at Rikers
She says he suffered a fall on Sunday morning
- Harvey Weinstein has only been at Rikers since Thursday , and things are off to a bumpy start—quite literally. His rep confirmed to CNN that Weinstein experienced dizziness and then suffered a fall on Sunday morning. "Harvey says his head throbs all the time and thinks he has a...
Weinstein Heading to Rikers
Mar 5, 2020 2:30 PM CST
Weinstein Heading to Rikers
After heart procedure at Bellevue
- Harvey Weinstein, who was hospitalized following his conviction last month on rape and sexual assault charges, is being moved to Rikers Island, one of his lawyers said Thursday. Attorney Arthur Aidala said the disgraced former movie mogul will now be held in an infirmary at New York City's sprawling...
#MeToo Didn't Affect Trial,
Weinstein Juror Says
Feb 28, 2020 3:37 PM CST
#MeToo Didn't Affect Trial, Weinstein Juror Says
Unsealed documents show judge wouldn't kick foreman out for smiling at prosecutor
- The jury that convicted Harvey Weinstein of rape and sex assault did not consider the trial's implications for the #MeToo movement, one of the jurors said in an interview aired Friday. "No, zero, absolutely zero," juror Drew Malbin said on
CBS This Morning
. "Because it’s...
Insider: Weinstein's Cell
Will Be Like 'Little Hotel'
Feb 26, 2020 6:26 AM CST
Insider: Weinstein's Cell Will Be Like 'Little Hotel'
Inmate No. 06581138Z won't be mixing with the general population
- To the state of New York, Harvey Weinstein is now Inmate No. 06581138Z. Weinstein, who was convicted of sex crimes on Monday, was taken to a prison ward at Manhattan's Bellevue Hospital Center after the verdict. His next stop is expected to be the notorious Rikers Island jail. Lawyers...
Rose McGowan on Weinstein:
'The Trash Has Been Taken Out'
Feb 25, 2020 6:26 AM CST
Rose McGowan on Weinstein: 'The Trash Has Been Taken Out'
Weinstein accusers rejoice after verdict
- It was a day some of Harvey Weinstein's many accusers thought they would never see: The 67-year-old, once one of Hollywood's most powerful men, was convicted of sex crimes and taken from a courtroom in handcuffs. The trial was seen as a "watershed moment for the #MeToo...
After Guilty Verdict, Weinstein
Didn't Make It to Jail
Feb 25, 2020 12:57 AM CST
After Guilty Verdict, Weinstein Didn't Make It to Jail
He was rerouted to Bellevue Hospital with chest pains
- Harvey Weinstein's first night in jail after being found guilty of rape and sexual assault has apparently been delayed. A few hours after the verdict was read out in a New York City courtroom, the 67-year-old rapist was being transferred to the infirmary at Rikers Island in an ambulance...
What Weinstein Told His
Lawyers After Convictions
Feb 24, 2020 1:54 PM CST
What Weinstein Told His Lawyers After Convictions
'I'm innocent. How could this happen in America?'
- Harvey Weinstein is now in custody after being convicted of sex crimes in a Manhattan courtroom Monday. "Rape is rape," said District Attorney Cyrus Vance after the verdict, whether it's committed "in a dark alley by a stranger" or by "a man of immense power...
Harvey Weinstein Guilty
of Rape, Sent to Jail
Feb 24, 2020 11:17 AM CST
Harvey Weinstein Guilty of Rape, Sent to Jail
But he will likely end up in the infirmary for now
- Harvey Weinstein was convicted Monday of rape and sexual assault against two women and could be sent to prison for decades, sealing his dizzying fall from powerful Hollywood studio boss to archvillain of the #MeToo movement, per the AP . He was convicted on charges stemming from a 2006 sexual assault...
Weinstein's Jury May Be
Split on Most Serious Charges
Feb 21, 2020 1:58 PM CST
Weinstein's Jury May Be Split on Most Serious Charges
Judge instructs them to keep it at on 4th day of deliberations
- The jury deliberating in Harvey Weinstein's rape trial indicated Friday it is deadlocked on the most serious charges, per the AP . In a note sent to the judge during their lunch break, jurors asked if it were permissible for them to be hung on two counts of predatory sexual...
Judge Warns Weinstein
Ahead of Jury Deliberations
Feb 18, 2020 4:30 PM CST
Judge Warns Weinstein Ahead of Jury Deliberations
Prosecution accuses lead attorney of jury tampering
- Tuesday should've marked a quiet start to jury deliberations in Harvey Weinstein's sexual assault trial. Instead, the drama continued with prosecutors accusing Weinstein's lead attorney Donna Rotunno of jury tampering. Rotunno—previously accused of violating a judge's order about publicly discussing the case —penned an...
Closing Argument: Weinstein
Considered Victims 'Disposable'
Feb 14, 2020 4:01 PM CST
Closing Argument: Weinstein Considered Victims 'Disposable'
Jury to begin deliberations in rape trial Tuesday
- Harvey Weinstein considered himself such a Hollywood big shot that he thought he could get away with treating aspiring actresses like "complete disposables," Assistant District Attorney Joan Illuzzi-Orbon told a jury in closing arguments Friday at his New York City rape trial. On a TV monitor next to...
Feb 11, 2020 11:25 AM CST
Defense Rests, Without Calling Weinstein
- Onto closing arguments. The defense rested in the Harvey Weinstein trial Tuesday without calling Weinstein himself to testify, reports
. The decision wasn't a big surprise, with the AP noting that defendants in other high-profile rape cases such as Bill Cosby and Jerry Sandusky also skipped testifying. On...
Model Disputes Account
of Weinstein Accuser
Feb 10, 2020 2:12 PM CST
Model Disputes Account of Weinstein Accuser
'Never happened,' says Claudia Salinas
- In the strongest defense testimony yet, a Mexican model and actress denied a Harvey Weinstein accuser’s claim that she stood by and did nothing while the once-powerful movie mogul groped the accuser in a Beverly Hills hotel in 2013. “Never happened," Claudia Salinas told jurors Monday at...
Weinstein Lawyer Stirs Up
Trouble With Interview
Feb 8, 2020 11:00 AM CST
Weinstein Lawyer Stirs Up Trouble With Interview
Donna Rotunno says she would never put herself 'in any vulnerable circumstance ever'
- Harvey Weinstein's defense lawyer has kicked up a hornet's nest by saying she "would never put herself" in the position of being sexually assaulted, the
New York Post
reports. "I have not because I would never put myself in that position," Donna Rotunno told
He Trapped Me
in Hotel Bathroom
Feb 5, 2020 5:15 PM CST
Weinstein Accuser: He Trapped Me in Hotel Bathroom
Lauren Young says movie mogul groped her breast, masturbated
- As Harvey Weinstein stripped off his clothes, pulled down her dress, and groped her breast in a hotel bathroom in 2013, Lauren Marie Young says he also offered a chilling excuse for his lewd behavior: "This is what all actresses do to make it." Young's account of...
Jurors Get an Eyeful:
Nude Pictures of Weinstein
Feb 5, 2020 9:04 AM CST
Jurors Get an Eyeful: Nude Pictures of Weinstein
It's not clear why photos taken by Manhattan DA's office were passed around
- Harvey Weinstein's rape trial took what the
New York Post
calls a "cringeworthy" turn on Tuesday, with jurors being shown at least five nude photos of the 67-year-old disgraced film producer, including one full-frontal shot. Per Reuters , a photographer for the Manhattan DA's office testified he took...
Stories 21 - 40 |
Popular on Newser
Law & Order Actress Drowns in NY River
Witness at Surprise Jan. 6 Hearing Is Revealed
Trump Reportedly Lunged for Steering Wheel on Jan. 6
As Testimony Ends, Cheney's Closing Called 'Stunning'
46 Found Dead in 18-Wheeler in San Antonio
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.