Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Harvey Weinstein 'Sincerely
Sorry' About Contraband Candy
Mar 4, 2022 8:21 AM CST
Harvey Weinstein 'Sincerely Sorry' About Contraband Candy
Jail suspects lawyer slipped him Milk Duds
- Harvey Weinstein's attorneys are now having their legal binders and laptop bags searched after an alleged attempt to smuggle contraband candy to their client. According to Los Angeles Country jail records seen by
, the convicted rapist was reprimanded by guards after they found Milk Duds on him after...
Dec 8, 2021 5:39 PM CST
McGowan's Suit Against Weinstein Dismissed
Racketeering lawsuit said former producer tried to discredit actress before her memoir was published
- Rose McGowan's racketeering lawsuit against Harvey Weinstein has been dismissed, apparently because she missed a filing deadline. The suit accused the former movie mogul of trying to discredit McGowan before the publication of her memoir , which was to include her account of being sexually assaulted by Weinstein in 1997,...
Modeled on Harvey Weinstein
Oct 6, 2021 2:50 AM CDT
Orc Was Modeled on Harvey Weinstein
Peter Jackson and the producer apparently didn't part ways pleasantly
- If you thought one of the orcs in Peter Jackson's
Lord of the Rings
looked familiar, you were probably right: Elijah Wood revealed this week that one of them was modeled after Harvey Weinstein. "I think that is OK to talk about now," since Weinstein is in...
Jul 29, 2021 4:20 PM CDT
Judge Tosses Count Against Weinstein
Prosecutors might be able to make charge stick by refiling
- A Los Angeles judge on Thursday dismissed one of 11 sexual assault counts against Harvey Weinstein, giving the former movie mogul and convicted rapist a minor and possibly temporary victory. At a hearing with the 69-year-old Weinstein in the courtroom, Judge Lisa Lench agreed with his defense attorneys that a...
Weinstein Enters Plea in LA
Jul 21, 2021 6:25 PM CDT
Weinstein Enters Plea in LA
Former movie mogul arraigned after being extradited from New York
- After being taken across the country from his New York prison cell to a Los Angeles courtroom, Harvey Weinstein pleaded not guilty Wednesday to 11 counts of sexual assault. New York state had turned Weinstein over to California authorities on Tuesday after he lost a court battle opposing extradition. The...
Weinstein Heads to LA
After Losing Extradition Fight
Jul 20, 2021 1:54 PM CDT
Weinstein Heads to LA After Losing Extradition Fight
Former producer faces trial there on 11 sexual assault counts
- New York prison officials handed over convicted rapist Harvey Weinstein to be taken to California on Tuesday to face additional sexual assault charges, ending the former movie producer's protracted fight to delay his extradition. Weinstein, 69, was released by the New York State corrections department around 9:30am, a...
Harvey Weinstein Is
Going Back to California
Jun 15, 2021 5:01 PM CDT
Harvey Weinstein Is Going Back to California
He loses battle against extradition from NY
- Harvey Weinstein, once one of Hollywood's most powerful figures, will be returning to Los Angeles as a prisoner. The 69-year-old has lost his battle to delay extradition to California and will soon be returned to the state to face sex-crimes charges,
Los Angeles Times
reports. He was indicted by...
Apr 13, 2021 2:19 AM CDT
Harvey Weinstein Fights Extradition
His lawyer wants to delay it so disgraced movie mogul can take care of medical issues
- Harvey Weinstein’s lawyer on Monday challenged his extradition from New York to California, where the imprisoned movie mogul faces rape and sexual assault charges in a newly revealed indictment. Erie County Court Judge Kenneth Case delayed a decision on extradition for Weinstein, 69, who appeared via video from the...
I Didn't Get a Fair Trial
Apr 5, 2021 12:31 PM CDT
Harvey Weinstein: I Didn't Get a Fair Trial
Attorneys for disgraced Hollywood mogul appeal his convictions
- Attorneys for Harvey Weinstein demanded a new trial Monday, arguing that their client didn't receive a fair one the first time around. Among other things, they say the judge should not have allowed testimony from women whose accusations never resulted in criminal charges, reports the
Wall Street Journal
to COVID for
Nov 18, 2020 7:32 AM CST
Signs Point to COVID for Weinstein
Disgraced film mogul is running a fever in prison, but rep won't confirm or deny if he has COVID
- Harvey Weinstein has taken ill in his western New York prison, and signs are pointing to a possible COVID-19 infection. Law enforcement sources tell TMZ the 68-year-old is "doing poorly" at the Wende Correctional Facility in Alden, and that after coming down with a 101-degree fever, he received a...
It's Not Over: More Bad
News for Harvey Weinstein
Oct 2, 2020 1:45 PM CDT
It's Not Over: More Bad News for Harvey Weinstein
2 more women accuse the former movie mogul of rape
- Harvey Weinstein was charged Friday with the rape of two more women, Los Angeles County prosecutors said, per the AP . Weinstein was charged with three counts of rape and three counts of forcible oral copulation involving the two women, the district attorney's office said. A criminal complaint alleges Weinstein...
Honor for Weinstein
Sep 18, 2020 5:10 PM CDT
Queen Revokes Honor for Weinstein
Imprisoned mogul was recognized by British film industry in 2004
- Britain on Friday stripped disgraced movie mogul Harvey Weinstein of an honor recognizing his contribution to the UK film industry. Weinstein, 68, was given the honor in 2004, the AP reports. The 68-year-old former Hollywood producer was convicted earlier this year of rape and sexual assault against two women and...
Ashley Judd Wins Appeal
in Harvey Weinstein Case
Jul 29, 2020 2:44 PM CDT
Ashley Judd Wins Appeal in Harvey Weinstein Case
Court says there was 'inherent power imbalance' in producer-actor relationship
- A federal appeals court has confirmed what actresses have been saying since the dawn of the movie industry—there is an "inherent power imbalance" in the relationship between performers and producers. The ruling allows Ashley Judd to proceed with her sexual harassment case against Harvey Weinstein, which a lower...
Judge Chucks Out
Jul 14, 2020 6:15 PM CDT
Judge Chucks Out Weinstein Settlement
Millions would have gone toward Weinstein's legal fees
- A federal judge has chucked out a proposed settlement for Harvey Weinstein's accusers, saying it was "obnoxious" that millions of dollars would go toward legal fees for Weinstein, his brother Bob, and other members of The Weinstein Company's board. Judge Alvin K. Hellerstein of the Southern District...
Weinstein Victims at Odds
Over $18.8M Settlement
Jul 1, 2020 8:11 AM CDT
Weinstein Victims at Odds Over $18.8M Settlement
Lawyer for one group says agreement is 'a complete sellout'
- Nine women who accused the Weinstein Company of a hostile work environment, in which they were forced to facilitate Harvey Weinstein's sexual conquests , have reached a settlement of $18.8 million. A victims' compensation fund is to be distributed among "women who experienced a hostile work environment, sexual...
of Raping Teen
May 29, 2020 12:03 AM CDT
Weinstein Accused of Raping Teen
Plus 3 more newly alleged rapes
- Four new rape accusations against Harvey Weinstein have emerged in a lawsuit,
reports. The accusers allege the movie mogul sexually assaulted them between 1984 and 2013; one of them says she was about 17 years old when Weinstein invited her to his hotel room to talk about her potential...
to Weinstein Case
Apr 10, 2020 4:23 PM CDT
Prosecutors Add Felony Charge to Weinstein Case
California officials say they'll keep adding counts if new allegations surface
- Los Angeles County prosecutors have added another charge, felony sexual battery by restraint, to their case against Harvey Weinstein. They said the charge involves a 2010 attack at a Beverly Hills hotel, NBC reports. The victim had been interviewed last year, prosecutors said, and provided information in March confirming that...
Is Out of Quarantine
Apr 10, 2020 12:10 AM CDT
Harvey Weinstein Is Out of Quarantine
Spokesman says he is not showing COVID-19 symptoms
- Coronavirus deaths in New York state are continuing to climb—but Harvey Weinstein apparently won't be among them. A spokesman says the inmate, who was reportedly infected weeks ago , is not showing COVID-19 symptoms and is out of quarantine, Fox reports. "As of now, it’s been 14...
Mar 22, 2020 8:23 PM CDT
Harvey Weinstein Tests Positive for Coronavirus
New York prison puts former producer in isolation
- Convicted rapist Harvey Weinstein has tested positive for the novel coronavirus, New York prison officials said. He's in isolation at Wende Correctional Facility, the Niagara Gazette reports. Another inmate at Wende also has tested positive. Weinstein was transferred there Thursday from Rikers Island; new state prisoners are sent to...
Weinstein Transferred to
Mar 19, 2020 1:52 AM CDT
Weinstein Transferred to Maximum-Security Prison
Inmate No. 20B0584 will be held at Wende for evaluation
- New York state inmate No. 20B0584, once one of Hollywood's most powerful figures, arrived at a maximum-security prison near Buffalo Wednesday. Harvey Weinstein, who turns 68 on Thursday, was sent from Rikers Island to the Wende Correctional Institute in Alden, NY, for evaluation, Bloomberg reports. Authorities say Weinstein, who...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Woman Accuses Pastor in Front of His Church
She Was the City's Only Doctor. Russians Put a Bag Over Her Head
One Fell Off the Cliff. The Other 3 Followed
Conway Spills on George, Kushner, Trump in New Book
Officials Determine What Killed US Tourists at Bahamas Resort
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.