Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Was on Call on
How to Contest
May 21, 2022 8:30 AM CDT
Tech Bigwig Was on Call on How to Contest Trump's Loss
Sean Hannity, Lindsey Graham also said to be on call with ex-Oracle CEO Larry Ellison
- Larry Ellison recently popped up on
"10 Richest People in the World" list, but that's not why he's making headlines this week. The
is reporting on a "previously unknown dimension" of the efforts to contest former President Trump's loss in the 2020...
Lindsey Graham Urges
Russians to Kill Putin
Mar 4, 2022 10:28 AM CST
Lindsey Graham Urges Russians to Kill Putin
Lawmakers from both parties condemn Republican senator's remarks
- Sen. Lindsey Graham called for the assassination of Vladimir Putin Thursday night in a tweet so widely condemned that Reps. Ilhan Omar and Marjorie Taylor Greene were in agreement. "Is there a Brutus in Russia? Is there a more successful Colonel Stauffenberg in the Russian military? The only way...
After Graham Balks at Pardons
for Rioters, a Trump Slam
Feb 2, 2022 11:50 AM CST
After Graham Balks at Pardons for Rioters, a Trump Slam
'He's a RINO,' former president tells Newsmax
- Donald Trump has added another Republican to his list of supposed RINOs : his ally Lindsey Graham. The former president lobbed the insult—that's "Republican in name only"—at the Republican senator from South Carolina on Tuesday after Graham refused to back the idea of presidential pardons for...
Jan 31, 2022 10:30 AM CST
Trump's Line About Pence Causes a Ruckus
Ex-president says explicitly that his VP could have 'overturned' election results but chose not to
- Former President Trump made a flurry of provocative assertions over the weekend, both at a Texas rally and in a Sunday night statement . At the rally, he said he'd consider pardons for those connected to the Capitol riot and called for the "biggest protests we have ever had"...
Biden's Supreme Court Plan
Just Got a Big Boost
Jan 31, 2022 7:37 AM CST
Biden's Supreme Court Plan Just Got a Big Boost
GOP Sen. Lindsey Graham defends idea of selecting from group of Black female candidates
- President Biden's plan to nominate a Black woman to the Supreme Court got a bipartisan boost over the weekend when GOP Sen. Lindsey Graham backed the idea. “Put me in the camp of making sure the court and other institutions look like America,” Graham said on CBS'...
Only One Thing Will Prevent
Another Trump Run
Sep 26, 2021 7:00 AM CDT
Only One Thing Will Prevent Another Trump Run
Ex-president sat for a TV interview
- Donald Trump sat for an interview on the Real America's Voice network on Friday, where he told "The Water Cooler" host David Brody what he thinks would prevent another run for the White House. "I guess a bad call from a doctor or something, right," The...
Book: 'Third Grade'
Case for Voter
Sep 20, 2021 5:12 PM CDT
Book: 'Third Grade' Case for Voter Fraud Left Graham Cold
Giuliani's presentation after the election didn't convince senator, 'Peril' says
- Republican Sen. Lindsey Graham sat through a presentation at the White House in January by Rudy Giuliani and his team billed as a demonstration of how former President Trump was cheated out of a second term in the 2020 election. But that's not what Graham saw. There were theories...
Graham's Prediction: 'We'll
Have to' Return to Afghanistan
Sep 7, 2021 3:06 PM CDT
Graham's Prediction: 'We'll Have to' Return to Afghanistan
He believes country will turn into a 'cauldron for radical Islamic behavior'
- It's going to be deja vu all over again in Afghanistan, or so suggests Sen. Lindsey Graham. In a BBC interview Monday, the Republican predicted that "we will be going back into Afghanistan as we went back into Iraq and Syria." The reason in this case? He...
Lindsey Graham Has COVID
Aug 2, 2021 3:41 PM CDT
Lindsey Graham Has COVID
GOP senator is fully vaccinated
- Sen. Lindsey Graham says he has tested positive for COVID-19 despite being vaccinated—but his symptoms are mild and he's "very glad" he had his shots. "I started having flu-like symptoms Saturday night and went to the doctor this morning," the South Carolina Republican tweeted Monday....
DC to Block
Jul 19, 2021 7:31 AM CDT
Graham: GOP Should Bolt DC to Block Democrats
GOP senator says Republicans could learn a trick from Texas Democrats
- Democratic lawmakers in Texas fled the state to prevent Republicans from pushing through legislation they opposed. In DC, Sen. Lindsey Graham says he and his fellow Republicans should consider copying the strategy. "Hell, yeah, I would leave," Graham told Maria Bartiromo of Fox News on Sunday, per the...
I'll 'Go to War'
Jul 15, 2021 7:26 AM CDT
Lindsey Graham: I'll 'Go to War' for Chick-fil-A
SC senator says he'll back chain after Notre Dame students protest possible eatery on campus
- In May, the University of Notre Dame's dining service noted in a social media post that it may be considering adding Chick-fil-A to its on-campus options—and the hubbub that has emerged at the Indiana school since now involves a senator from South Carolina. The Hill reports that Lindsey...
Owning an AR-15
Mar 29, 2021 1:25 PM CDT
Graham Defends Owning an AR-15
He says he would use it to protect himself from roving gangs after a natural disaster
- Sen. Lindsey Graham doesn't seem to have a lot of faith in his state's disaster preparedness. The South Carolina Republican told
Fox News Sunday
that he owns an AR-15 to protect himself from gangs in the aftermath of a disaster, CBS reports. "If there's a natural...
Lindsey Graham: We Could
Impeach Kamala Harris in 2022
Feb 15, 2021 6:27 AM CST
Lindsey Graham: We Could Impeach Kamala Harris in 2022
Senator also reveals Trump's thoughts on acquittal
- Lindsey Graham gave a wide-ranging interview on
Fox News Sunday
all about the impeachment trial, a day after it ended in acquittal for former President Trump. Some of the topics the South Carolina senator touched on:
Trump's reaction to the verdict:
Trump "was grateful to his lawyers" and
Pelosi to Send Impeachment
Article to Senate Monday
Jan 22, 2021 10:37 AM CST
Pelosi to Send Impeachment Article to Senate Monday
Trial could start Tuesday, though a delay is possible
- It looks like Mitch McConnell will not get his wish. House Speaker Nancy Pelosi plans to send impeachment articles charging former President Donald Trump with "incitement of insurrection" to the Senate on Monday, reports the
. "Make no mistake, a trial will be held in the United States...
Biden Calls Once-Close
Graham a 'Disappointment'
Dec 18, 2020 9:39 AM CST
Biden Calls Once-Close Graham a 'Disappointment'
President-elect says the senator used to be a personal friend
- Joe Biden and Lindsey Graham served in the Senate together and used to speak glowingly of one another despite being on opposite sides of the aisle. But in a sign of how much their relationship has frayed in recent years, the president-elect told Stephen Colbert Thursday night that "Lindsey'...
Sen. Graham: Here's
Why We Fist-Bumped
Nov 18, 2020 6:50 PM CST
Sen. Graham: Here's Why We Fist-Bumped
Graham, who is crying foul over election results, appeared to congratulate Kamala Harris
- A TMZ reporter stopped Sen. Lindsey Graham on Wednesday and asked him to explain the "fist bump seen 'round the world"—his greeting to Vice President-elect Kamala Harris on the Senate floor. Graham, who is alleging vote-count improprieties, said America shouldn't be surprised to see him...
Call to Georgia
Official May Be
Nov 17, 2020 7:21 AM CST
Dems: Graham's Call to Georgia Official May Be a Crime
Brad Raffensperger says senator seemed to suggest he should toss legal ballots
- As Georgia's hand recount continues , Brad Raffensperger, its secretary of state, has been pushing back on President Trump's claims of voting fraud, as well as saying he's been pressured by fellow Republicans to dump enough ballots to overturn the election that's been called for President-elect Biden....
for GOP If
Nov 9, 2020 3:30 AM CST
Graham Imagines Dark Future for GOP If Trump Concedes
'There will never be another Republican president elected again,' senator predicts
- There's a whole lot more than the next four years riding on President Trump's concession or lack thereof, according to Lindsey Graham. Speaking on Fox News on Sunday, the senator said, per the Hill : "If Republicans don't challenge and change the US election system, there will...
Trump Sons Demand
Republicans Step Up
Nov 6, 2020 11:02 AM CST
Trump Sons Demand Republicans Step Up
Lindsey Graham and Ted Cruz among those defending president's claims
- On Thursday, President Trump's eldest sons complained that too few Republicans were backing their father and his claims of a stolen election. "The total lack of action from virtually all of the '2024 GOP hopefuls' is pretty amazing," tweeted Donald Trump Jr., per the Hill . "...
Lindsey Graham Fends Off
Nov 3, 2020 9:25 PM CST
Lindsey Graham Fends Off Democratic Challenger
Senator beats Jamie Harrison in South Carolina
- Lindsey Graham will keep his Senate seat. The South Carolina Republican fended off a challenge from Democrat Jamie Harrison in Tuesday's election, the AP reports. Harrison had raised a record amount, and the race was reported to be close, but the state remains strongly in support of President Trump...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Before Trip, Petito Worried About Laundrie's 'Episodes'
At Least 6 Killed, 24 Hurt in Parade Mass Shooting
Cheney: 'Trump Can Never Be Near the Oval Office Again'
Teen's Sudden Mental Collapse Ended in a National Park
'Miracle Boy' in Florida Condo Collapse Tells His Story
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.