Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
The Coronavirus Pandemic
Confirmed US cases: 2,629,370+ »
Read our complete coverage here »
Stories 1 - 20 |
Lindsey Graham Wants to Subpoena Russia Probe Officials
Senator schedules vote that would allow him to subpoena more than 50 officials
- Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Lindsey Graham is scheduling a vote that would allow him to subpoena more than 50 current and former officials who were involved in the Justice Department’s investigation of Russian involvement in the 2016 US presidential campaign, as President Trump and his allies have launched a...
In Graham's Re-Election Bid, a Fundraising Surprise
Democratic challenger Jaime Harrison outraises the South Carolina incumbent
- Lindsey Graham raised an impressive $5.6 million for his re-election campaign in the first three months of the year, behind only fellow Sens. Mitch McConnell and Martha McSally. But in a surprise, Graham's Democratic challenger in South Carolina raised even more—$7.3 million, reports the
Here's the Story That Tanked Today's Rally
Sen. Bernie Sanders threatens to block $2T relief bill
- The Senate's $2 trillion stimulus package ran into trouble Wednesday when Republicans looked at the fine print on unemployment insurance—and Sen. Bernie Sanders took a bold stand, CNBC reports. The provision allows for more unemployment insurance for a longer time, to help anyone who loses their job during...
Graham to Self-Quarantine After Exposure at Mar-a-Lago
Senator was at an event with Brazilian official who tested positive for coronavirus
- Sen. Lindsey Graham has put himself in quarantine after being at Mar-a-Lago last weekend with a Brazilian official who's tested positive for coronavirus. Graham will work from home, his office said Thursday, while he awaits the results of his own test for the virus. President Trump was hosting Brazilian...
Jill Biden Fires Back at 'Friend' Lindsey Graham
'I don't know what happened to Lindsey. ... He's changed'
- Lindsey Graham's repeated criticism of Hunter Biden's business dealings in Ukraine appears to have cost him an old friendship. "Well, you know, Lindsey—I don't know what happened to Lindsey," Jill Biden said on CNN Monday. "We used to be great friends and friends...
Graham: Let's Change Senate Impeachment Rules
Senator and Trump ally wants to begin trial quickly, even if Pelosi won't budge
- Sen. Lindsey Graham wants to get the impeachment trial over with as quickly as possible, and he's suggesting changing the Senate rules if Nancy Pelosi continues to hold things up. Pelosi still has not formally given the Senate the two articles of impeachment passed by the House, and the...
Graham Won't Waste Time Pretending to Be a 'Fair Juror'
Senator wants a quick trial and acquittal of Trump
- Lindsey Graham is ready to get the Senate's impeachment trial over with and vote. President Trump can call witnesses and present all the evidence he wants, but "I don't think that's good for the country," the South Carolina senator said Sunday on
Face the Nation
'I Want a Trial,' Says Trump. Here's What's Next
President expects Senate to clear him
- "I want a trial." President Trump went on
Fox & Friends
Friday morning and said he looked forward to a Senate trial on impeachment to clear his name, reports Mediaite . After Trump made the statement, host Brian Kilmeade asked, "You want a trial?" And Trump doubled down:...
Erdogan Played Anti-Kurd Film in Oval Office. It Didn't Go Well
Lindsey Graham among GOP senators left miffed
- President Trump had to umpire a tense exchange between Republican senators and Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan on Wednesday, which reportedly began when Erdogan aired a propaganda film against Syria's Kurds. Axios first reported that five Republican senators critical of Turkey's incursion into Syria watched as Erdogan whipped...
Graham: Impeachment Inquiry Could Be 'Dead on Arrival'
It will be in Senate if whistleblower doesn't testify, he says
- Rep. Adam Schiff on Saturday made clear that the whistleblower would not be called to testify. On Sunday, Sen. Lindsey Graham said that if the House goes that route and opts to impeach, "this thing is dead on arrival in the Senate." He also wants to see the...
Graham Resolution Formally Slams Impeachment Probe
Senator wants House Democrats to move forward with a vote
- A leading Senate ally of President Trump introduced a resolution Thursday condemning the Democratic-run House for pursuing an "illegitimate impeachment inquiry" and demanding that Republicans be given more chances to question witnesses. The nonbinding resolution announced by GOP Sen. Lindsey Graham of South Carolina gives Senate Republicans a chance...
Is This the 'Sea Change' on Impeachment?
Trump, McConnell at odds on one point as testimony continues
- The deputy assistant secretary of defense for Russia, Ukraine, and Eurasia will testify in the House impeachment inquiry Wednesday about the withholding of military aid from Ukraine, following up the stunning testimony of the top US diplomat in Ukraine. This as President Trump and Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell appear...
Lindsey Graham Talks Impeachment
Senator backs Trump, but opens the door a crack to changing his mind
- An interview between Axios and Lindsey Graham is causing a stir, though there's some different interpretations over his comments on the topic of President Trump's impeachment. The upshot is that Graham says he still hasn't seen evidence of an impeachable offense, but he's open to changing...
Graham Hopes Letter Will Stop Pelosi From Destroying America
Says he's sending her a note that explains GOP senators won't impeach Trump over call
- Sen. Lindsey Graham says he's going to send Nancy Pelosi a letter that he hopes will stop her from "destroy[ing] the nation for no good." That's what she and her fellow House Democrats are doing in pursuing an impeachment inquiry, he says. "I want Nancy...
Only 150 Troops Involved, but Stakes Are Much Bigger
Trump defends a Syrian withdrawal, while critics warn of the dangers
- The US isn't withdrawing all of its troops from Syria, but it is withdrawing the 150 or so soldiers stationed at two posts near the Syrian border with Turkey. However, the small numbers involved belie the major foreign policy implications at stake. The move will allow Turkey to stage...
Pelosi Says a Resolution Condemning Trump Is Coming
While Trump says, 'Many people agree with me'
- Democrats and several right-wing commentators were quick to denounce President Trump's Sunday tweet that four progressive Democratic congresswomen should "go back and help fix the totally broken and crime infested [countries] from which they came." Now Republican lawmakers are starting to offer their own take. In a...
'I Didn't Exonerate': Barr Goes Before the Senate
Attorney general appears before the Senate Judiciary Committee
- Into the lion's den. Attorney General William Barr is now appearing before the Senate Judiciary Committee in what is the first time he is facing lawmakers' questions since he released the Mueller report. A couple hours in, the AP reports that "private tensions between Justice Department leaders and...
Lindsey Graham Answers James Comey With a Warning
'See you soon,' senator tweets, suggesting he wants to question former FBI chief
- When the summary of the Mueller report came out Sunday, former FBI chief James Comey had a three-word response. "So many questions," he tweeted . Then GOP Sen. Lindsey Graham had a response to Comey that was nearly as short. "Could not agree more," he wrote . "...
Graham: Senate Will Probe 'Stunning' McCabe Claim
He denounces 'attempted bureaucratic coup'
- Senate Judiciary Committee chairman Lindsey Graham has promised a Senate investigation of former acting FBI chief Andrew McCabe's "beyond stunning" claim that officials discussed invoking the 25th Amendment to remove President Trump from office. Graham, a Republican, said that if they wouldn't testify voluntarily, he would subpoena...
Graham Urges Trump to Use Emergency Powers
Trump eyes Army Corps of Engineers funding
- The government shutdown caused by the border wall standoff is now in its 21st day—tied for the longest ever—and both sides are braced for President Trump to use his emergency powers to break the impasse and pay for the wall. Many Republicans are uncomfortable with the idea, but...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Fox Anchor Out Amid Sexual Misconduct Accusations
Doomed Groom May Have Infected 100 at His Wedding
2 Black Kids Played in a Hotel Pool. The Cops Were Called
After Fauci's Prediction, a Disheartening Number
Protester Hit by Iowa Governor's SUV: It Was '100%' Intentional
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
Newser In Your Inbox
Get The Morning 8: The eight stories you need to know, bright and early.
View all Newsletters and sign up
Get our apps
Suggest a Story
© 2020 Newser, LLC. All rights reserved.
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.