Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
5 Months After Biden's
'Dictator' Remark, a Repeat
Nov 16, 2023 6:16 AM CST
5 Months After Biden's 'Dictator' Remark, a Repeat
After California summit, president says China's Xi Jinping still is one, but that they 'made progress'
- President Biden and Xi Jinping spent four hours together Wednesday, emerging from their working lunch and other meetings with "modest agreements" on everything from combating fentanyl to reestablishing military communications. Post-summit, however, Biden made a remark about his Chinese counterpart that's "likely to land with a thud...
Climber 'Exceptionally Lucky'
After Fall From Summit
Sep 11, 2023 11:27 AM CDT
Climber 'Exceptionally Lucky' After Fall From Summit
Warmer temps turned ice to snow, which cushioned 2K-foot fall on New Zealand's Mount Taranaki
- A climber who reached the summit of a mountain in New Zealand descended a
faster than anticipated but lived to tell the tale. The unidentified climber apparently lost his footing at the top of the challenging Mount Taranaki, slid down an astonishing 600 meters (about 2,000 feet), and...
'Something Special' Is About
to Go Down at Camp David
Aug 18, 2023 8:23 AM CDT
'Something Special' Is About to Go Down at Camp David
In rare summit at Maryland retreat, President Biden, Japan PM, South Korean president to meet
- On Friday, President Biden will host a summit at Camp David with Japanese Prime Minister Fumio Kishida and South Korean President Yoon Suk Yeol, "bridging generations of friction between the two Asian powers to forge mutual security arrangements in the face of an increasingly assertive China," reports the...
Disney Has Another
Throwdown for DeSantis
Mar 22, 2023 10:20 AM CDT
Disney Has Another Throwdown for DeSantis
Company to host major LGBTQ conference in September
- Ron DeSantis' very public battle with Walt Disney World continues, now with another move by the latter to support LGBTQ rights. Disney World will be hosting a major summit from Sept. 11-14 to help boost lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender rights in the workplace, with execs and team members from...
Biden Makes Next Move in
Vow to Heal Nation's 'Soul'
Aug 20, 2022 9:30 AM CDT
Biden Makes Next Move in Vow to Heal Nation's 'Soul'
United We Stand Summit, designed to tackle hate-fueled violence, will take place next month
- President Biden will host a White House summit next month aimed at combating a spate of hate-fueled violence in the US, as he works to deliver on his campaign pledge to "heal the soul of the nation." The White House announced Friday that Biden will host the United...
Vindication for Climber Banned
for Faking Everest Summit
Jun 5, 2022 6:30 AM CDT
Vindication for Climber Banned for Faking Everest Summit
One week after his ban expired, Narender Singh Yadav made it to the top
An Indian man accused of faking a summit of Everest in 2016 was handed a six-year ban on climbing in Nepal—and just days after its expiration on May 20, he made it to the top of Everest, reports the AFP . Narender Singh Yadav made sure the feat was...
Disbelief Greets Images
of Perfect English Beach
Jun 11, 2021 5:05 PM CDT
Disbelief Greets Images of Perfect English Beach
Online posts suspect photo manipulation, but British insist it's real
- Global expectations for English beaches evidently aren't that high. When a photo of President Biden and Prime Minister Boris Johnson looking out over a perfect Cornwall beach hit Twitter , some people thought it looked too perfect. "Have you photoshopped an Australian beach in there?" one user posted. "...
Biden to Meet With
the Guy He Called a 'Killer'
May 25, 2021 11:43 AM CDT
Biden to Meet With the Guy He Called a 'Killer'
President, Vladimir Putin will get together next month in Switzerland
- President Biden will meet face to face with Vladimir Putin, the man he recently labeled a "killer," next month in Switzerland. The meeting will take place June 16 in Geneva, and the
New York Times
expects it to focus heavily on nuclear arms. But the pair should have...
Summit Produces Cease-Fire
Dec 9, 2019 6:31 PM CST
Summit Produces Cease-Fire
There's no breakthrough in Russia-Ukraine talks mediated by Macron and Merkel
- Vladimir Putin and Volodymyr Zelensky agreed Monday to put a cease-fire in place in eastern Ukraine by the end of the month. The deal was reached in Paris, where the presidents of Russia and Ukraine met in talks led by French President Emmanuel Macron and German Chancellor Angela Merkel. A...
Putin, Kim to Meet for First
Time. What Do They Want?
Apr 23, 2019 9:20 AM CDT
Putin, Kim to Meet for First Time. What Do They Want?
No date has been announced for upcoming summit between Russian, North Korean leaders
- When North Korean leader Kim Jong Un meets with Russian President Vladimir Putin for their first one-on-one meeting, he'll have a long wish list and a strong desire to notch a win after the failure of his second summit with President Trump. But it's not entirely clear how...
Abound as Trump,
Kim Meet Again
Feb 27, 2019 6:56 AM CST
Compliments Abound as Trump, Kim Meet Again
2nd summit among leaders underway in Hanoi
- "I think you will have a tremendous future for your country, you're a great leader," President Trump told North Korea's Kim Jong Un at the start of a two-day summit in Vietnam on Wednesday. "We will help it to happen." The leaders shook hands...
White House Press Corps
Gets Rude Surprise in Vietnam
Feb 26, 2019 10:10 AM CST
White House Press Corps Gets Rude Surprise in Vietnam
Reporters booted from planned work area as Kim arrives at hotel
- President Trump has arrived in Vietnam for his summit with North Korea's Kim Jong Un, and he's already out with a tweet . "Thank you to all of the people for the great reception in Hanoi," he wrote. "Tremendous crowds, and so much love!" Kim...
Trump Reveals Date,
Location of Kim Summit
Feb 6, 2019 12:07 AM CST
Trump Reveals Date, Location of Kim Summit
He will meet leader in Vietnam Feb. 27
- President Trump said Tuesday that he will hold a two-day summit with North Korea leader Kim Jong Un on Feb. 27-28 in Vietnam to continue his efforts to persuade Kim to give up his nuclear weapons. "As part of a bold new diplomacy, we continue our historic push for...
N. Korea Is Denuclearizing? Not
According to These Images
Dec 6, 2018 9:50 AM CST
N. Korea Is Denuclearizing? Not According to These Images
Satellite pics shows possible new missile site near border with China
- People lie, satellite images don't—hence why the US and South Korea are closely monitoring a new suspected missile site near North Korea's central border with China. The facility in Hoejung-ni, "one of the most likely sites for deploying intercontinental ballistic missiles capable of reaching the United...
Korean Leaders Pose
on Peak of Sacred Volcano
Sep 20, 2018 12:33 AM CDT
Korean Leaders Pose on Peak of Sacred Volcano
Moon flies home after 3-day summit
- The leaders of the rival Koreas took to the road for the final day of their summit Thursday, standing on the peak of a beautiful volcano considered sacred in the North and a centerpiece of propaganda used to legitimize the Kim family's rule, their hands clasped and raised in...
N. Korea Signs
'Very Exciting Deal'
Sep 19, 2018 4:02 AM CDT
N. Korea Signs 'Very Exciting Deal'
It includes missile site shutdown, joint Olympic bid
- The leaders of the two Koreas have signed what President Trump calls a "very exciting" agreement on the second day of a three-day summit in Pyongyang . South Korean President Moon Jae-in announced in a joint press conference with Kim Jong Un that they had agreed to turn the peninsula...
Trump Meets Putin: 'The World
Wants to See Us Get Along'
Jul 16, 2018 6:48 AM CDT
Trump Meets Putin: 'The World Wants to See Us Get Along'
President says relations with Moscow 'never worse'
- The big day is here: President Trump and Vladimir Putin have begun their summit in Helsinki, Finland, in a one-on-one meeting. "I really think the world wants to see us get along," Trump told reporters just ahead of their conversation. "We are the two great nuclear...
Summit Is Happening
Jun 27, 2018 1:54 PM CDT
The Trump-Putin Summit Is Happening
The event is expected to take place before or after the NATO summit next month
- The long-anticipated Trump-Putin summit is now official. The US president and the Russian president will meet, likely in July, according to the
Wall Street Journal
. The meeting was announced by US National Security Adviser John Bolton after he met with Vladimir Putin on Wednesday; the timing and location will be...
Odds of a Trump-Putin
Meeting Just Got Better
Jun 21, 2018 11:20 AM CDT
Odds of a Trump-Putin Meeting Just Got Better
National security adviser John Bolton is headed to Moscow to help prep
- President Trump may have another high-profile summit to attend in the near future. National security adviser John Bolton will travel to Moscow next week to discuss a possible meeting between Trump and Vladimir Putin, reports Politico . A National Security Council spokesperson tweeted that Bolton will first meet with US allies...
A Trump Salute Shows Up
in North Korea Video
Jun 14, 2018 6:00 PM CDT
A Trump Salute Shows Up in North Korea Video
White House defends the salute as 'common courtesy'
- North Korean state media has released video of President Trump returning the salute of a North Korean general at the Singapore summit. The footage set off a debate about whether the benefits of showing mutual respect to the general outweighed the fact that North Koreans could use the film as...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Spotify Staffers Walk Into Bad News on Monday
He Had Headaches for Months. Doctors Made a Surprising Find
Dr Pepper's Tuition Toss Was a Lot More Exciting Than Usual
GOP Race Sees Another Contender Drop Out
'Unapproved' Schools Illustrate an Education Trend
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.