Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Oct 16, 2021 7:30 AM CDT
'Something Went Terribly Wrong' on 'Extreme' Version of
Daredevil Jonathan Goodwin severely injured after being smashed between 2 swinging cars
- Maybe "extreme" versions of talent show competitions aren't a great idea. A stunt for
America's Got Talent: Extreme
, an NBC spinoff of the popular original, went awry on Thursday at Georgia's Atlanta Motor Speedway, and "it was so bad people on the set thought [the...
High Wire From
Across the Seine
Sep 20, 2021 10:45 AM CDT
Guy Crushes High Wire From Eiffel Tower Across the Seine
Nathan Paulin walked nearly 2,000 feet on slackline more than 225 feet above the ground
- When Nathan Paulin was a kid, he had a fear of heights. He's apparently gotten over that, since he spent part of the weekend traversing a high wire from the Eiffel Tower across the Seine. Reuters reports that the 27-year-old acrobat practiced for four years to make the nearly...
Cruise: Stunt in New Movie
Was Most Dangerous One Yet
May 10, 2021 3:13 PM CDT
Cruise: Stunt in New Movie Was Most Dangerous One Yet
He rode motorcycle off cliff for Mission: Impossible 7
- After 40 years in the movie industry, Tom Cruise is still doing his own stunts—and he says a death-defying motorcycle jump in
Mission: Impossible 7
was the most dangerous one yet. Cruise, 58, tells
that a lot of thoughts were going through his head as he prepared to...
Florida SUV Driver
Apr 16, 2021 8:27 AM CDT
Florida SUV Driver Jumps Drawbridge
Police say driver plowed through traffic arms
- A driver who didn't want to wait for a drawbridge in Daytona Beach to open and close apparently decided to pretend it was the county line and Boss Hogg's men were in hot pursuit. Video released by police shows the driver smashing through a traffic arm on the...
in 'Triple Trouble'
After Latest Stunt
Oct 1, 2020 9:50 AM CDT
'French Spiderman' in 'Triple Trouble' After Latest Stunt
Alain Robert climbed a 545-foot-high skyscraper in Frankfurt, Germany, wearing cowboy boots
- German police say urban climber Alain Robert faces a criminal investigation and fine after scaling one of Frankfurt's tallest buildings on Thursday. Robert, known as the "French Spiderman" for his daring stunts, clambered to the top of rail company Deutsche Bahn's 545-foot-high office building in Germany's...
on Set of CW's
Sep 30, 2019 11:31 AM CDT
Ruby Rose Severely Injured on Set of CW's
Star posts video of her emergency surgery after stunt injuries
- The CW Network's
premieres Sunday, featuring Ruby Rose in the lead role as the first openly lesbian TV superhero. But Rose made headlines for another reason over the weekend: She announced that production on the show actually had to stop earlier this year because she hurt herself so...
Guy's Crazy Stunt Gets Him
Banned From Cruise Line
in case you missed it
Jan 20, 2019 4:30 PM CST
Guy's Crazy Stunt Gets Him Banned From Cruise Line
Video shows Nick Naydev leaping off 11th deck of docked ship
- Maybe the only sane thing about a man's leap from the 11th deck of a cruise ship is that the ship was docked at the time. Nick Naydev, a 27-year-old from Vancouver, Washington, posted video to Instagram showing him leaping off Royal Caribbean's Symphony of the Seas into...
Woman Who Shot BF for
YouTube Stunt Hears Fate
Dec 20, 2017 11:30 AM CST
Woman Who Shot BF for YouTube Stunt Hears Fate
Monalisa Perez pleaded guilty to second-degree manslaughter in June killing
- She hoped the stunt would be a viral hit. Instead, it's likely to land Monalisa Perez behind bars. The 20-year-old Minnesota woman has pleaded guilty to second-degree manslaughter after fatally shooting her boyfriend, Pedro Ruiz, through a hardcover book the pair believed would stop the bullet on June 26....
Rick and Morty
Over Mickey D's
Oct 9, 2017 11:30 AM CDT
Rick and Morty
Fans Furious Over Mickey D's Sauce Stunt
McDonald's 'really, really limited release' of special Szechuan sauce was an epic fail
Rick and Mort
y fans are furious over a McDonald's stunt that went badly wrong, the BBC reports. Caving to a running gag on the popular TV show, McDonald's offered to hand out a limited edition of a defunct Szechuan dipping sauce at its shops on Saturday. But...
Leaps to Building,
Doesn't Quite Make It
Aug 13, 2017 1:54 PM CDT
Tom Cruise Leaps to Building, Doesn't Quite Make It
Video shows him limping, but whether he was injured is unclear
- A video taken on the set of
Mission: Impossible 6
shows Tom Cruise limping after performing a stunt where he jumps between buildings. The video was published Sunday by TMZ . It captures a tethered Cruise leaping to a building, hitting its side, and then crawling over the top and running...
Before Shooting Boyfriend for
YouTube Glory, She Tweeted
Jun 29, 2017 12:01 PM CDT
Before Shooting Boyfriend for YouTube Glory, She Tweeted
Monalisa Perez tweeted it would be 'one of the most dangerous videos ever'
- A Minnesota woman charged with fatally shooting her boyfriend in a failed YouTube video stunt foreshadowed the event when she tweeted that it would be "one of the most dangerous videos ever." Monalisa Perez, of Halstad, was charged Wednesday with second-degree manslaughter in the death of Pedro Ruiz...
Daredevil's 'Very Peculiar'
Death Leaves Cops Perplexed
Jun 28, 2017 12:55 PM CDT
Daredevil's 'Very Peculiar' Death Leaves Cops Perplexed
For one, they have no idea what happened to Misty the boa constrictor
- "I still have lots of questions," New York State Park Police Detective Sgt. Brian Nisbet tells the
. For one thing, where is Misty the 7-foot-long boa constrictor? Nisbet is investigating the April 19 death of daredevil Kirk Jones, who was in his early 50s. Jones went...
Had a Very
May 31, 2017 12:15 PM CDT
Stanley Cup Catfish-Tosser Had a Very Elaborate Plan
Jacob Waddell won't face charges, says he's just 'a dumb redneck with a bad idea'
- Prosecutors are dropping charges filed against a Tennessee man for throwing a catfish onto the rink in Pittsburgh during the opening of the Stanley Cup Final, reports the AP . Thirty-six-year-old Jacob Waddell was charged in Pennsylvania's Allegheny County with disorderly conduct, possessing instruments of crime, and disrupting meetings or...
Arrow Stunt Goes Wrong
America's Got Talent
Aug 3, 2016 4:38 AM CDT
Arrow Stunt Goes Wrong on
America's Got Talent
Daredevil was hit in the throat by flaming arrow
- Tuesday was a rough night for a Canadian daredevil on
America's Got Talent
. Judges Howie Mandel, Mel B, Heidi Klum, and Simon Cowell appeared horrified as Ryan Stock was hit in the throat by a flaming arrow fired by fiancee AmberLynn Walker live on TV, the
New York Daily
Guy in Wingsuit
Hits Target on
Great Wall While
May 30, 2016 11:33 AM CDT
Guy in Wingsuit Hits Target on Great Wall While Going 120mph
- Jeb Corliss proved Sunday that his nickname, "Human Arrow," is quite accurate. The 40-year-old daredevil jumped from a helicopter 6,000 feet in the air while wearing a wingsuit, then flew through the air at 120mph toward an apple-sized target on the Great Wall of China—a target...
Real Estate Agent
Ramp on Motorcycle
Apr 16, 2016 12:28 PM CDT
Real Estate Agent Jumps Freeway Ramp on Motorcycle
And now the police are investigating
- A Los Angeles-area real estate agent could be in hot water with police after he released a promotional video showing himself jumping over the onramp of a major freeway on a motorcycle. The
Los Angeles Times
reports Topher Ingalls, a former professional motocross rider, created the video to advertise his...
Meet the Woman Who
Helps Keep Bear Grylls Alive
Feb 17, 2016 6:49 AM CST
Meet the Woman Who Helps Keep Bear Grylls Alive
She can catch fish with her bare hands and start a fire with a tampon
- As a girl, Megan Hine's family, led by her geologist father, spent holidays climbing, hiking, and exploring the forests of their homeland in the UK. Hine spent a year before college as a raft guide in New Zealand, got her degree in outdoor education, and has been working as...
Up Hot Air
Jan 8, 2016 9:22 AM CST
Extreme Athlete Dies Setting Up Hot Air Balloon Stunt
Tancrede Melet, 32, was 'at arm's length' from the basket when he fell 100 feet
- A French extreme sportsman described by the Inertia as an "inspiration to the working man" has died at the age of 32 after a hot air balloon stunt backfired, ABC News reports. Tancrede Melet, part of a daredevil group known as the Flying Frenchies , was setting up the stunt...
Dec 21, 2015 6:00 PM CST
Stuntwoman Faces Amputation
Olivia Jackson, 34, suffered terrible accident
- A stuntwoman who worked on
Star Wars: The Force Awakens
says her arm will be amputated following a horrific on-set motorbike crash, Yahoo Movies reports. Olivia Jackson, 34, was filming
Resident Evil: The Final Chapter
in South Africa in September when she hit a metal camera arm. "My left...
Cell' Has a
Sep 17, 2015 10:17 AM CDT
Illusionist in 'Water Torture Cell' Has a Close Call
Spencer Horsman said to have nearly drowned in promo for Criss Angel show
- With just a rubber band and a piece of bent wire, Spencer Horsman entered a 30-by-30-inch Plexiglas tank filled with 100 gallons of water on Tuesday in handcuffs and chains, hoping to pull off a feat that would excite crowds for an upcoming show with illusionist Criss Angel, New Jersey...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
NPR's Supreme Court Story Takes Another Turn
2 SNL Stars Plunk Down $280K for Staten Island Ferry
FBI: Laundrie Took Responsibility in His Notebook
Schwarzenegger in Multi-Vehicle Accident
Centuries Ago, We Slept Much Differently
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.