Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Book: 'Third Grade'
Case for Voter
Sep 20, 2021 5:12 PM CDT
Book: 'Third Grade' Case for Voter Fraud Left Graham Cold
Giuliani's presentation after the election didn't convince senator, 'Peril' says
- Republican Sen. Lindsey Graham sat through a presentation at the White House in January by Rudy Giuliani and his team billed as a demonstration of how former President Trump was cheated out of a second term in the 2020 election. But that's not what Graham saw. There were theories...
Book: Worried About Trump,
General Secretly Called China
Sep 14, 2021 2:16 PM CDT
Book: Worried About Trump, General Secretly Called China
Bob Woodward, Robert Costa say Milley feared Trump was unstable after the election
- The top military officer in the US was seriously worried about the mental state of then-President Trump in the final months of his presidency, according to a new book by Bob Woodward and
reporter Robert Costa. So much so that Gen. Mark A. Milley, chairman of the Joint...
Aug 16, 2021 4:26 PM CDT
Woodward's New Trump Book:
Third installment of a trio will cover the transition and the early stages of the Biden administration
- Bob Woodward's next book on former President Trump has a title and a release date.
will go on sale Sept. 21, CNN reports. It will be the finale of Woodward's series of three books about Trump; the previous two, both bestsellers, were
. This one...
Oct 3, 2020 6:00 AM CDT
Before Heading to Hospital, Trump Made a Video
Meanwhile, he told Bob Woodward in April he wasn't worried about getting infected, per new tape
- As President Trump was being transported to Walter Reed National Military Medical Center on Friday to be treated for COVID-19, he issued a brief prerecorded greeting to the American people, offering gratitude and assurances. "I want to thank everybody for the tremendous support. I'm going to Walter Reed...
Trump Changes Story
on Assassinating Assad
Sep 15, 2020 5:02 PM CDT
Trump Changes Story on Assassinating Assad
He now says he wanted to have Syrian leader killed, but 'terrible general' Mattis objected
- President Trump slammed former Defense Secretary James Mattis Tuesday—but also backed up a report he had criticized Bob Woodward for writing in 2018. Trump told
Fox & Friends
that he wanted to assassinate Syrian President Bashar al-Assad in 2017, but Mattis objected. "I would have rather taken him...
Woodward: Trump Blew
Chance to Warn About COVID
Sep 14, 2020 7:00 PM CDT
Woodward: Trump Blew Chance to Warn About COVID
'Historians are going to be writing about the lost month of February for tens of years'
- Bob Woodward says that when he was researching new book
, he was shocked to realize that President Trump blew a major opportunity to warn the public about the pandemic. Woodward told NBC Monday that Trump was briefed on the virus threat Jan. 28, but failed to share the warnings...
Sep 12, 2020 10:00 AM CDT
Woodward Mounts His 'Deadly Stuff' Defense
The legendary reporter is asked why he didn't inform the public sooner
- A revelation in Bob Woodward's new book is coming back to haunt him—but he insists he had his reasons, the
, Woodward writes that President Trump called COVID-19 "deadly stuff" back in February but chose not to tell the public because he didn'...
'I Didn't Lie'
Sep 11, 2020 6:45 AM CDT
Trump Responds to Reporter's Accusation: 'I Didn't Lie'
President also calls Bob Woodward a 'whack job' at Michigan campaign rally
- President Trump continued on Thursday to defend his interviews with Bob Woodward , whom he had some harsh words for. Earlier in the day, at a White House press conference, Trump snapped at a reporter following up on the Woodward tapes, apparently referencing a recording made in February in which Trump...
Amid Criticism, Trump Poses
a Question About Woodward
Sep 10, 2020 2:35 PM CDT
Amid Criticism, Trump Poses a Question About Woodward
Why didn't he publish sooner? Because it's a non-story, says the president
- President Trump went into friendlier territory Wednesday night—Sean Hannity's show on Fox News —to defend his interviews with Bob Woodward . On the show, he repeated his rationale for deliberately downplaying the seriousness of the coronavirus threat. "I'm the leader of the country, I can't...
Sep 10, 2020 8:16 AM CDT
Woodward Defends Withholding Trump Virus Remarks
Journalist argues full context was necessary
- Bob Woodward has defended his decision to include President Trump's comments on the coronavirus in his upcoming book, rather than in an earlier news story, and he said it was a decision based on two factors. "The biggest problem I had, which is always a problem with Trump,...
Woodward: Kushner Said
4 Texts Help Explain Trump
Sep 10, 2020 4:44 AM CDT
Woodward: Kushner Said 4 Texts Help Explain Trump
One of them was Alice in Wonderland
- Jared Kushner apparently sometimes feels like he's down the rabbit hole. In upcoming book
, Bob Woodward says President Trump's son-in-law told him Alice in Wonderland was one of four texts he should "absorb" if he wanted to understand the president, CNN reports. Woodward wrote that Kushner...
Trump: 'Perhaps' I Misled
Public on COVID-19 Threat
Sep 9, 2020 6:20 PM CDT
Trump: 'Perhaps' I Misled Public on COVID-19 Threat
'I love our country and I don't want people to be frightened'
- President Trump admitted Wednesday that he may have misled the public about the threat COVID-19—but he said he had good reasons. His remarks followed the release of recordings from earlier this year in which he told Bob Woodward he had downplayed the virus threat . Asked Wednesday afternoon if he...
Trump to Woodward
in February: COVID
Is 'Deadly Stuff'
Sep 9, 2020 2:18 PM CDT
Trump to Woodward in February: COVID Is 'Deadly Stuff'
He admitted downplaying the risk to the public
- The coronavirus is "deadly stuff," President Trump told Bob Woodward in a Feb. 7 phone call, recounting a conversation with China's President Xi Jinping. "I think [Xi's] going to have it in good shape," he begins but allows that it's a "very...
Woodward Gets His Hands on
25 'Personal' Trump-Kim Letters
Aug 13, 2020 7:20 AM CDT
Woodward Gets His Hands on 25 'Personal' Trump-Kim Letters
Bob Woodward's 'Rage' is coming out September 15
- President Trump and Kim Jong Un have been writing each other letters—and 25 of them are about to hit the presses. That's according to the publisher of Bob Woodward's second book about the Trump presidency, titled
The personal letters "have not been public before,"...
Trump Rages Online Against
Woodward's 'Made Up' Quotes
Sep 7, 2018 10:23 AM CDT
Trump Rages Online Against Woodward's 'Made Up' Quotes
President calls journalist's new book a 'scam'
- He's already gone after Bernstein —now he's taking on Woodward full force. Piggybacking on his previous online criticism of the
journalist from earlier this week, President Trump on Friday once more attacked Woodward's new book,
, which contains explosive claims about dysfunctional life inside...
Trump Fires Back at
Sep 5, 2018 5:46 AM CDT
Trump Fires Back at 'Discredited' Woodward
He accuses journalist of being 'Dem operative'
- Bob Woodward might be feeling a sense of deja vu today: An angry Republican president is attacking his credibility and accusing him of being a Democratic operative. President Trump laid into Woodward in a series of tweets Tuesday night after the publication of explosive details from
Aides Stole Papers
From Trump's Desk
Sep 4, 2018 2:06 PM CDT
Woodward's Book: Aides Stole Papers From Trump's Desk
'Washington Post' has details from the upcoming book, 'Fear'
- In late July the
reported Bob Woodward had secretly been working on a new book on President Trump called
and now the paper is back with details from it. The 448-page book is the product of many interviews conducted on "deep background," meaning Woodward doesn'...
Is About Trump
Jul 31, 2018 6:11 AM CDT
Woodward's New Book, Called
, Is About Trump
'Fear: Trump in the White House' to be released Sept. 11
- Bob Woodward is releasing his 19th book, and it's one the investigative journalist has spent the past 19 months on—somehow without most people being aware of that fact, the
reports. Simon & Schuster will release
Fear: Trump in the White House
, on Sept. 11; a release...
Holds Glam-Free Dinner
Apr 30, 2017 6:08 AM CDT
Meanwhile, WHCA Holds Glam-Free Dinner
No Trump and Sam Bee's competing roast siphon the usual celebrity element away
- Prominent Washington journalists, if not Hollywood stars, celebrated the First Amendment during the annual White House Correspondents' Dinner, an event that lacked the glitter of past years. With President Trump sending his regrets , attention was no longer focused on an in-person roasting of the commander in chief and his humorous...
Nixon Note Exposes Lie About Vietnam Bombing
Oct 12, 2015 12:19 PM CDT
Nixon Note Exposes Lie About Vietnam Bombing
He knew it was accomplishing nothing, continued it anyway
- A newly released note reveals a pretty big presidential lie, the
reports. As Richard Nixon was in the beginning stages of running for re-election, anti-Vietnam War sentiment was strong in the US, and Nixon was looking for a way to settle the conflict without it being labeled a...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Trump: FBI Has Raided 'My Beautiful Home'
Anne Heche in Worse Condition Than Last Reported
Those Tax Incentives to Buy Electric? There's a Problem
Woman Lost House, All Possessions After Heche Crash
After Trump Raid, Republicans Call to Investigate, Defund FBI
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.