Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Clinton Wants $1M
From Trump Over
Failed Conspiracy Suit
Nov 1, 2022 3:26 PM CDT
Clinton Wants $1M From Trump Over Failed Conspiracy Suit
A federal judge determined Trump's case had 'no merit'
- Last March, former President Trump filed a sweeping RICO lawsuit against Hillary Clinton and a host of other Democrats, alleging they engaged in a vast conspiracy to undermine his ultimately successful 2016 presidential campaign. Now, per the Hill , Clinton et al want Trump to cover $1.06 million in legal...
Nov 1, 2022 11:00 AM CDT
School Debunks Senate Candidate's 'Furries' Claim
Don Bolduc in New Hampshire repeats hoax about students using litter boxes
- Again with the litter boxes . GOP Senate candidate Don Bolduc in New Hampshire was captured on audio telling supporters that too-lenient schools were allowing students who identify as cats to lick themselves and each other and use litter boxes instead of bathrooms. "I wish I was making it up,...
Oct 21, 2022 6:12 AM CDT
Newsmax Bans Lara Logan After Wild Immigration Theory
Ex-'60 Minutes' reporter said Satan allows for open borders
- Former CBS News correspondent Lara Logan has some out-there ideas on immigration—so out there that she's now banned from the right-wing Newsmax network for airing them. The offending interview took place Wednesday with Eric Bolling, who apparently got the first scoop Logan had on the "global cabal"...
Someone Tried to
VP. Many Don't
Sep 16, 2022 11:54 AM CDT
Someone Tried to Kill Argentina's VP. Many Don't Believe It
Conspiracy theories abound amid probe into assassination attempt on Cristina Fernandez
- At least three people have been arrested over the assassination attempt against Argentina Vice President Cristina Fernandez de Kirchner earlier this month, and the investigation is ongoing, but some now think that probe may be a wild goose chase of sorts. As the
New York Times
frames it: "A...
They Claimed 'New World Order'
on COVID; Judge Hit Them Hard
Aug 31, 2022 8:10 AM CDT
They Claimed 'New World Order' on COVID; Judge Hit Them Hard
Anti-vaxxers fueled by conspiracy theories must pay Aussie federal, state gov'ts $150K in legal fees
- Every Australian state except for one, as well as one territory and the nation's federal government, is set to recoup tens of thousands of dollars in legal fees after a federal judge ruled against an anti-vaxxer group, saying the members had failed to prove their claims that COVID mandates...
After Going Dark in 2020,
'Q' of QAnon Is Back
Jun 28, 2022 1:52 AM CDT
After Going Dark in 2020, 'Q' of QAnon Is Back
Posts 3 messages on 8kun, the message board where he was last seen
- "Q," the mysterious leader behind the far-right QAnon conspiracy theory, has emerged online for the first time since December 2020. The "Q" account, which the
New York Times
reports contains the same unique identifier used on previous posts, posted on the anonymous far-right message board 8kun Friday...
Mar 29, 2022 7:22 AM CDT
Neb. Lawmaker Apologizes for Believing 'Ugly Rumor'
State Sen. Bruce Bostelman believed claim schools were putting out litter boxes for 'furry' students
- School custodians probably wouldn't want to add "empty litter boxes" to their daily to-do list, and luckily they don't have to—because students using litter boxes in school is not an actual thing. One Nebraska lawmaker is finally acknowledging that, and offering a public apology, after spreading...
Butterfly Sanctuary Shuts Down
Over QAnon Conspiracy Theory
Feb 4, 2022 7:48 AM CST
Butterfly Sanctuary Shuts Down Over QAnon Conspiracy Theory
Harassment, threats at Texas' National Butterfly Center led to sanctuary's 'difficult decision'
- For most, the National Butterfly Center in Mission, Texas, is a gathering place for nature lovers. For a group of QAnon conspiracy theorists, it's a site rife with human trafficking—a debunked suspicion that has led to so much harassment and threats that the sanctuary has now announced it'...
3 Nurses Sue for $1M
After Airing COVID Views
Jan 12, 2022 8:57 AM CST
3 Nurses Sue for $1M After Airing COVID Views
Ontario RNs accused of spreading misinformation file complaint against nurses group, media org
- Three nurses in Canada who saw repercussions after voicing conspiracy theories online about COVID have now filed a $1 million libel lawsuit. Per the CBC , the complaint by Kristen Nagle, Kristal Pitter, and Sara Choujounian—registered Dec. 13 against the Canadian Nurses Association, CNA executives, and Together News Inc., a...
Tech Firm Mogul's Antisemitic
Email: 'Jews Are Behind This'
Jan 5, 2022 9:25 AM CST
Tech Firm Mogul's Antisemitic Email: 'Jews Are Behind This'
Entrata's Dave Bateman resigns from board after tying Jewish people to vaccine conspiracy theory
- "I write this email knowing that many of you will think I'm crazy after reading it." That's how Utah tech entrepreneur and GOP fundraiser Dave Bateman started off his message to state leaders and members of the tech industry on Tuesday, suggesting he had at least...
France's First Lady Preps
Lawsuit: I Was Not Born Male
Dec 22, 2021 12:06 PM CST
France's First Lady Preps Lawsuit: I Was Not Born Male
Brigitte Macron readies to file complaint over conspiracy theory that she's transgender
- The name Jean-Michel Trogneux has been floating around in social media circles for months, and France's first lady isn't happy about it. That's because conspiracy theorists are claiming that's Brigitte Macron's birth name, and that she was born male, prompting the 68-year-old wife of Emmanuel...
Anti-5G Pendants Turn Out
to Be Radioactive
Dec 18, 2021 1:10 PM CST
Anti-5G Pendants Turn Out to Be Radioactive
Dutch nuclear officials warn against wearing pendants, bracelets
- People who wear “negative ion” pendants to protect themselves from 5G waves have gone out of the nonexistent fire and into the very real frying pan. There’s zero scientific evidence that 5G cellular service, which isn’t especially different from 3G and 4G, is at all harmful. But...
QAnon Follower Charged With
Killing Kids Over 'Serpent DNA'
Sep 9, 2021 1:38 AM CDT
QAnon Follower Charged With Killing Kids Over 'Serpent DNA'
Matthew Taylor Coleman charged with Mexico murders of children aged 2 and 10 months
The alleged QAnon follower accused of killing his two young children because he believed they had "serpent DNA" was indicted Wednesday. Matthew Taylor Coleman, 40, of Santa Barbara, Calif., was charged with two counts of foreign first-degree murder of US nationals, making him eligible for the death penalty,...
Spike Lee Edits
Aug 27, 2021 7:01 AM CDT
Spike Lee Edits HBO Episode After Criticism
Filmmaker cuts discussion of Twin Towers' collapse from 'NYC Epicenters 9/11-2021½'
- Spike Lee has re-edited the final episode of a four-part HBO series on the Sept. 11 terror attacks after criticism that it gave a platform to conspiracy theorists.
NYC Epicenters 9/11-2021½
, the first episode of which aired Sunday, explores how New York City has weathered events like the coronavirus pandemic...
Homeland Security Warns of
Threat from Trump Conspiracy
Aug 7, 2021 11:03 AM CDT
Homeland Security Warns of Threat from Trump Conspiracy
DHS cites online chatter, says threat is modest
- The Department of Homeland Security is raising the alarm. There’s a growing trend of calls for violence from conspiracy theorists who want former president Donald Trump reinstated, the agency said in a bulletin sent to state and local authorities. The Jan. 6 attack on the US Capitol, an event...
Biden to Facebook:
You're Not Killing People
Jul 19, 2021 2:30 PM CDT
Biden to Facebook: You're Not Killing People
President clarifies comments, renews call to stamp out misinformation
- President Biden was pretty ticked at Facebook . Then Facebook got pretty ticked at Biden . Now Biden wants everyone to just get along—and work together to stop the antivaccine misinformation campaign. After saying Facebook and other social media giants that give platforms to antivaxxers are "killing people," CNBC...
'Disinformation Dozen' Pushes
Most Antivaccine Content
Jul 18, 2021 3:22 PM CDT
'Disinformation Dozen' Pushes Most Antivaccine Content
73% of false conspiracy theories on Facebook come from accounts of 12 people
- Twelve people are responsible for 73% of COVID misinformation on Facebook. A group called the Center for Countering Digital Hate says it looked at content posted on Facebook and antivaccine Facebook groups in February and March, and then monitored how the content was shared. The group says antivaccine influencers make...
Warns Its Teachers
Not to Get Vaccine
Apr 27, 2021 8:33 AM CDT
Private School Warns Its Teachers Not to Get Vaccine
Citing debunked theory, Fla.'s Centner Academy says staff will be kept from students if they do so
- While many schools are encouraging staff to get the COVID vaccine, one private school in Miami is doing the opposite. Per CBS4 , the Centner Academy, which charges up to $30,000 per year for students in pre-K through eighth grade, emailed a letter to employees Monday citing debunked anti-vaccination theories,...
House Cancels Thursday
Session Over Attack Fears
Mar 3, 2021 6:22 PM CST
House Cancels Thursday Session Over Attack Fears
The Senate has not followed suit
- The House of Representatives has canceled its Thursday session over reports of a possible plot by an “identified militia group” to attempt a repeat of the Jan. 6 attack on the US Capitol. One Democratic lawmaker tells the Hill that there is “growing concern about threats to the...
Think Trump Will Be
President on Thursday
Mar 3, 2021 9:25 AM CST
Conspiracy Theorists Think Trump Will Be President on Thursday
No expectation of violence, though Capitol Police will be on guard
- Capitol Police are boosting security in response to a far-right conspiracy theory claiming Donald Trump will again become president on Thursday. Some QAnon supporters believed Trump would declare martial law and remain in office on Jan. 20. But "when that didn't happen, the date was moved from Jan....
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
On Roe v. Wade, Federal Judge Sees a 'Loophole'
Shots Fired as Intruder Breaches Home of Air Force One
Harry Styles' Grammys Speech Caused Mass Bewilderment
Police: Fentanyl Killing Teens May Have Come From One Home
After a Drowning, Amusement Park Ride Closes for Good
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.