Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Late-Night Hosts Couldn't
Resist Poking at Ye
Oct 28, 2022 9:48 AM CDT
Late-Night Hosts Couldn't Resist Poking at Ye
Late-night hosts pick fun at 'desperate' Kanye West, Elon Musk's sink
- Late-night hosts had a field day with Kanye West and Elon Musk Thursday night, with Stephen Colbert announcing West wasn’t just restricted from social media platforms but was now banned from
The Late Show
. "I had to do it now because I was afraid that he would just...
Kimmel, Fallon Pull Off
Ultimate April Fools' Joke
Apr 2, 2022 7:45 AM CDT
Kimmel, Fallon Pull Off Ultimate April Fools' Joke
The 2 Jimmys swapped coasts, and shows, on Friday night, to the surprise of their audiences
- For two years, Jimmy Fallon and Jimmy Kimmel have been cooking up an April Fools' Day scheme, and on Friday night, the late-night hosts pulled it off, in an epic way. Per
The Hollywood Reporter
, the comedians swapped shows, with Fallon heading to Los Angeles, and Kimmel heading to New...
Jan 7, 2022 9:20 AM CST
3rd Late-Night Host Tests Positive
James Corden has COVID, after Seth Meyers and Jimmy Fallon
Another late-night host has tested positive for COVID: This time it's James Corden, who, like Seth Meyers and Jimmy Fallon before him, is doing well. "I'm fully vaccinated, boosted, and because of this, am fortunate enough to say I feel completely fine," the 43-year-old wrote...
Biden Makes First Late-Night
Visit Since Inauguration
Dec 11, 2021 8:32 AM CST
Biden Makes First Late-Night Visit Since Inauguration
President goes on Jimmy Fallon's show
- President Biden went on Jimmy Fallon's
Friday night in his first visit to a late-night show since taking office, reports
. Among other things, he made a point to thank Fallon for his recent celebrity-assisted song encouraging people to get vaccinated and boosted. "No joke,"...
Jimmy Fallon Releases
COVID Christmas Song
With 2 Big Names
Dec 7, 2021 1:58 AM CST
Jimmy Fallon Releases COVID Christmas Song With 2 Big Names
Ariana Grande and Megan Thee Stallion join
- Yes, he’s the host of the
Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon
. And sure, he’s starred in movies, been a
Saturday Night Live
regular, and just launched a new show,
That’s My Jam
. But Jimmy Fallon has always wanted his
That Thing You Do!
movie moment when he...
Jun 8, 2021 10:10 AM CDT
6 Late-Night Jokes About Trump's Pants
No, he didn't wear them backward, but that didn't stop the hosts
- There's a reason #Trumppants has been trending the last few days, even if it is a pretty strange one. After images surfaced online (see the aforementioned hashtag), the internet seemed convinced that Donald Trump wore his pants backward in North Carolina on Saturday, notes NPR . He did not. If...
Late Night Jokes Flow
Over This Presidential Photo
May 5, 2021 6:59 AM CDT
Late Night Jokes Flow Over This Presidential Photo
They 'look like a ventriloquist act,' quips Seth Meyers
- To mark President Biden's 100th day in office, he and First Lady Dr. Jill Biden paid a visit to a couple who know a lot about what they're going through: Former President Carter and his wife, Rosalynn. Last Thursday's meeting at the Carters' home in Plains, Ga....
Colbert: 'He'll Have
to Butt-Dial Reporters
From a Landline'
Apr 29, 2021 7:34 AM CDT
Colbert: 'He'll Have to Butt-Dial Reporters From a Landline'
Late-night hosts lapped up Giuliani raid
- Rudy Giuliani is a favorite target of late-night hosts even when he's not being raided by federal agents —and they didn't hold back on Wednesday night. Stephen Colbert, who unveiled a new Giuliani title card with a fart sound effect, per Vulture , noted that the raid "...
Late Night Takes Shots at J&J
Apr 14, 2021 7:33 AM CDT
Late Night Takes Shots at J&J
News on rare development of blood clots after vaccination catches attention of Colbert et al
- On Tuesday, the FDA and CDC recommended a "pause" of the Johnson & Johnson COVID vaccine amid reports of rare blood clotting. Six women between the ages of 18 and 48 developed clots within a few weeks after receiving the J&J dose, out of nearly 7 million doses...
Late Night Responds
to Biden's First Presser
Mar 26, 2021 7:55 AM CDT
Late Night Responds to Biden's First Presser
President, compared to an 'old-timer football coach,' takes flak on immigration
- Late night hosts joked about the president's age and finger guns as well as his predecessor Thursday following Joe Biden's first press conference since taking office. "Normally, when a 78-year-old answers an hour of questions, they're getting a physical," quipped
host Jimmy Fallon....
Mar 18, 2021 8:01 AM CDT
Late Night Got Somber on Wednesday
Hosts speak about the Georgia shootings, racism
- There wasn’t much to laugh about Wednesday as late night hosts took on the Atlanta-area shootings that left eight people dead, including six Asian women. The
's Trevor Noah noted his frustration at the shooter's claim that he wasn't motivated by racism . "Your...
Late Night Has
on Royal Hubbub
Mar 10, 2021 8:47 AM CST
Late Night Has Some Thoughts on Royal Hubbub
Colbert, Fallon, Kimmel, and Meyers tag-team against Buckingham Palace, Piers Morgan
- Buckingham Palace finally spoke up on Tuesday after Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's interview with Oprah , noting the royals were "saddened" by the Sussexes' claims of racism and other challenges they'd faced. The palace also assured the public that those claims would be taken "very seriously"...
Late Night Blasts
Ted Cruz Photo Op
Feb 23, 2021 10:00 AM CST
Late Night Blasts Ted Cruz Photo Op
'Most people just drove away when he tried showing them his vacation photos'
- Late-night hosts who were on vacation during Ted Cruz's Cancun trip last week couldn't have been happier with the Texas senator's weekend photo op. Cruz had shared photos showing him meeting with first responders and putting water in people's vehicles with the hashtag #TexasStrong, which only...
'Anyone Else Feel Like
They Just Lost 280 Pounds?'
Jan 21, 2021 7:31 AM CST
'Anyone Else Feel Like They Just Lost 280 Pounds?'
Late night bids farewell to the Trump presidency
- "So that's what it feels like when you're not grinding your teeth." So declared an upbeat Seth Meyers on Wednesday after Joe Biden was sworn in as the 46th US president. Meyers took some time stressing the phrase "former President Trump." He "concluded...
Late Night Goes to Town
on 'End of an Error'
Jan 20, 2021 7:39 AM CST
Late Night Goes to Town on 'End of an Error'
The takeaway: 'Take him away'
- Late night hosts made no attempt to hide their glee on Tuesday night, with hours left in Donald Trump's presidency. Jimmy Kimmel called it "the end of an error" and questioned whether the presidency was worth it for Trump. "Six years ago, we were all perfectly fine...
Late Night Not Wowed by
Trump's Social Media Bans
Jan 8, 2021 8:16 AM CST
Late Night Not Wowed by Trump's Social Media Bans
'Guess who doesn't want to ban TikTok anymore'
- Late night hosts had a lot to unpack Thursday, from Joe Biden's certification as the next US president to President Trump's bans from social media. "And yet, compared to yesterday , it's a slow news day," remarked Jimmy Fallon, who called out resigning White House officials...
Late Night's Take on
Wednesday Was Pretty Bleak
Jan 7, 2021 6:18 AM CST
Late Night's Take on Wednesday Was Pretty Bleak
Colbert calls it 'a horrifying day that will go down in US history, however much longer that is'
- Wednesday's events were no laughing matter for Jimmy Fallon, who on the
reviewed what unfolded at the Capitol with guest Dan Rather and had this to say: "Being here tonight and talking to you at home and reassuring you that we’re going to be OK...
Mike Pence's Big Day
Gets Late-Night Preview
Jan 6, 2021 9:30 AM CST
Mike Pence's Big Day Gets Late-Night Preview
Jimmy Fallon says VP's role at election certification is glorified 'bingo caller'; others have own takes
- All eyes will be on Mike Pence on Wednesday, when the vice president will preside over a joint session of Congress to certify Joe Biden's election victory. With President Trump putting the squeeze on him to block that certification—which legal experts widely agree Pence doesn't have the...
My Heart Is Broken
Nov 6, 2020 7:50 AM CST
Stephen Colbert: My Heart Is Broken
Late-night hosts rip Trump's speech, lawsuits
- Stephen Colbert couldn't find much to laugh about Thursday following President's Trump speech . Two minutes into his monologue, the
host was fighting back tears. After summarizing Trump's "nonsensical" rant about the election being stolen from him, Colbert aired an old clip in which Trump...
Jokes About 2020 Race
Are a Wee Bit One-Sided
Oct 20, 2020 9:50 AM CDT
Jokes About 2020 Race Are a Wee Bit One-Sided
Of 469 late-night jokes, 455 were about Trump
- What on earth will late-night hosts do if Joe Biden wins in two weeks? An AP story illustrates the problem. A study out of George Mason University counted jokes told about the 2020 race in September by Stephen Colbert and Jimmy Fallon. Out of 469, 455 were about Trump, leaving...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Kyrsten Sinema Says She's Leaving Democratic Party
Man Who Stood Up Wife at Airport Found 10 Years Later
Restaurant Axed Reservation After Staff Looked Up Group
It's a 'Huge Milestone' for US Currency
Warrant: FedEx Driver Panicked After Hitting Girl
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.