Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Alex Jones Spent
$93K in July, Has Paid
Sandy Hook Families $0
Sep 15, 2023 8:41 AM CDT
Alex Jones Spent $93K in July, Has Paid Sandy Hook Families $0
Infowars founder has filed for bankruptcy, seeking to dodge $1.5B settlement
- As Alex Jones continues telling his Infowars audience about his money problems and pleads for them to buy his products, his own documents show life isn't that bad—his net worth is around $14 million and his personal spending topped $93,000 in July alone, reports the AP . That...
This Guy Pranked Alex Jones,
and Jones Isn't Happy
in case you missed it
May 7, 2023 11:00 AM CDT
This Guy Pranked Alex Jones, and Jones Isn't Happy
Chris James says he pretended he was Tucker Carlson using AI, will air call on Monday
- If you love prank phone calls, you have something to look forward to on Monday. That's when Chris James, a self-proclaimed "little prankster" from Canada, says he'll be releasing the gag call he made to conspiracy theorist Alex Jones this week, a call that Jones has admitted...
Families Face Quandary
in Collecting From Alex Jones
Mar 19, 2023 4:45 PM CDT
Families Face Quandary in Collecting From Alex Jones
Infowars host, facing judgment, has been shifting assets
- Alex Jones, the Infowars conspiracy broadcaster who has been ordered to pay families of Sandy Hook mass shooting victims more than $1 billion in defamation damages, has been moving assets to where his creditors can't touch them. Jones has put property, business deals, and cash totaling millions of dollars...
Alex Jones: DOJ Is
Out for My $2K Cat
Feb 24, 2023 9:45 AM CST
Alex Jones: DOJ Is Out for My $2K Cat
It's not clear that the government wants Mushu, though it is after assets Jones may have hidden
- Alex Jones claims the Justice Department is after his cat. In a video shared by his wife on Twitter, the Infowars host is shown cradling a Ragdoll cat named Mushu while telling viewers that the DOJ believes he used the animal to hide cash owed to the families of the...
Alex Jones Is 'Holding Firearms'
for Jan. 6 Participants
Feb 17, 2023 8:09 AM CST
Alex Jones Is 'Holding Firearms' for Jan. 6 Participants
Bankruptcy court filing says he's spending almost $100K a month
- In bankruptcy, Alex Jones is still spending more every month than most Americans make in a year, according to documents filed with a Texas bankruptcy court this week. The conspiracy theorist, who filed for bankruptcy in December, said his outgoing expenditures include $40,000 a month in taxes, $14,000...
Alex Jones Battles
for $1.3M Salary
Dec 20, 2022 12:53 PM CST
In Bankruptcy, Alex Jones Battles for $1.3M Salary
He asks judge to order Infowars' parent firm to go back to paying him $54K biweekly, up from $20K
- A salary of $10,000 a week isn't enough for a bankrupt Alex Jones, who has asked a judge for almost three times that amount. The Infowars host on Monday requested that federal bankruptcy Judge Christopher Lopez restore the $1.3 million annual salary he received from Infowars' parent...
Alex Jones Files
Dec 2, 2022 10:37 AM CST
Alex Jones Files for Bankruptcy
He claims his liabilities are a thousand times higher than his assets
- Alex Jones, whose critics have long accused him of being morally bankrupt, has filed for personal bankruptcy. In a Chapter 11 bankruptcy filing Friday in the southern district of Texas, the Infowars founder cited assets between $1 million and $10 million and debts one thousand times that, between $1 billion...
In 'Unhinged' Interview,
Kanye Says 'I Love Nazis'
Dec 2, 2022 12:33 AM CST
In 'Unhinged' Interview, Kanye Says 'I Love Nazis'
Rapper's Infowars interview widely condemned
- Ye, the rapper formerly known as Kanye West, is being widely condemned after an Infowars interview in which he told Alex Jones, among other things, "I like Hitler." After he added, "I love Jewish people, but I also love Nazis," Jones laughed before saying he "...
Alex Jones Owes $473M More
Nov 10, 2022 2:49 PM CST
Alex Jones Owes $473M More
Infowars host calls judge's decision in Sandy Hook case on punitive damages 'a joke'
- Infowars host Alex Jones and his company were ordered by a judge Thursday to pay an extra $473 million for promoting false conspiracy theories about the Sandy Hook school massacre, bringing the total judgment against him in a lawsuit filed by the victims’ families to a staggering $1.44 billion....
Alex Jones Asks Judge to
Toss $1B Verdict Against Him
Oct 22, 2022 11:30 AM CDT
Alex Jones Asks Judge to Toss $1B Verdict Against Him
Conspiracy theorist wants a new trial, claiming a 'substantial miscarriage of justice'
- Conspiracy theorist Alex Jones has asked a Connecticut judge to throw out a nearly $1 billion verdict against him and order a new trial in a lawsuit by Sandy Hook families, who say they were subjected to harassment and threats from Jones' lies about the 2012 Newtown school shooting. Jones...
Experts: Alex Jones
Looking at Financial Ruin
Oct 14, 2022 9:27 AM CDT
Experts: Alex Jones Looking at Financial Ruin
Unable to pay the full penalty, 'he may be forced to live a subsistence type of life'
- The $965 million awarded to 15 Connecticut plaintiffs who suffered from Infowars host Alex Jones' promotion of the lie that the 2012 massacre at Sandy Hook Elementary School was a hoax is "the largest defamation verdict in US history, certainly on compensatory damages," University of California law professor...
Alex Jones Calls Judgment
a Joke and Asks for Money
Oct 12, 2022 7:15 PM CDT
Alex Jones Calls Judgment a Joke and Asks for Money
Sandy Hook families listen quietly in court, then weep
- Instead of being in the Connecticut courtroom when he was being ordered Wednesday to pay the families of Sandy Hook mass shooting victims almost $1 billion for insisting the massacre was a hoax, Alex Jones was hosting his Infowars show. That allowed him to mock the court and lobby his...
Alex Jones Ordered to Pay
$965M to Sandy Hook Victims
Oct 12, 2022 3:07 PM CDT
Alex Jones Ordered to Pay $965M to Sandy Hook Victims
Parents, siblings of victims said they were harassed for years because of his lies
- The conspiracy theorist Alex Jones should pay $965 million to people who suffered from his false claim that the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting was a hoax, a jury in Connecticut decided Wednesday. The verdict is the second big judgment against the Infowars host over his relentless promotion of the...
Jury Hears Jones and internet
Blamed in Closing Arguments
Oct 6, 2022 3:25 PM CDT
Jury Hears Jones and internet Blamed in Closing Arguments
Deliberations on damages begins in Connecticut
- A lawyer for families of eight people killed in the 2012 Sandy Hook massacre told a jury Thursday that conspiracy theorist Alex Jones started lying about the shooting the day it happened and provided the machinery that allowed that lie to spread. Jones' attorney countered by telling the jury his...
Sep 23, 2022 2:36 PM CDT
After Rant, Alex Jones Delays Next Testimony
Lawyer says it's an effort to 'lower the temperature' in Connecticut courtroom
- Given Alex Jones' angry outburst in court on Thursday, his lawyer has decided he's in no hurry to put the Infowars host back on the stand. Norm Pattis told the Connecticut court Friday he'll call Jones to the stand next week,
reports. "We think that...
Alex Jones Erupts
Sep 22, 2022 6:55 PM CDT
Alex Jones Erupts in Courtroom
Infowars host testifies that he's through apologizing for false claims
- Alex Jones took the stand Thursday at his Connecticut defamation trial, acknowledging he had promoted the conspiracy theory that the 2012 Sandy Hook massacre was a hoax, but angrily refusing to keep apologizing for that. More than a dozen relatives of the 26 shooting victims showed up to observe his...
Alex Jones Arrives at Court,
Calls Judge a 'Tyrant'
Sep 20, 2022 10:30 AM CDT
Alex Jones Arrives at Court, Calls Judge a 'Tyrant'
Infowars host is again facing penalties for his Sandy Hook conspiracy theories
- A defiant Alex Jones arrived at a Connecticut courthouse Tuesday, declaring his innocence despite already being found liable for spreading the lie that the 2012 Sandy Hook school massacre was a hoax, per the AP . A jury has been hearing evidence for a week to determine how much Jones must...
Sep 16, 2022 3:40 PM CDT
Infowars Representative Takes Stand
Families' lawyer asks how seriously company is taking trial
- Conspiracy theorist Alex Jones, who is on trial in Connecticut for calling the 2012 Sandy Hook massacre a hoax, continued Friday to describe the proceedings as a "kangaroo court" from his Infowars studio in Texas. Jones' commentary became a focus of testimony on the fourth day of the trial,...
Alex Jones of
Aug 26, 2022 5:00 AM CDT
Lawyers Accuse Alex Jones of Hiding Assets
'Alex Jones is not financially bankrupt; he is morally bankrupt'
- Lawyers for the families of Sandy Hook victims say Alex Jones has been shuffling millions of dollars between relatives and companies while claiming to be bankrupt. The families have asked a federal bankruptcy court to appoint a trustee to take charge of Free Speech Systems, the parent company of the...
Strange Turn in Tale
of Alex Jones' Texts
Aug 9, 2022 11:53 AM CDT
Strange Turn in Tale of Alex Jones' Texts
Sandy Hook lawyer says one was 'intimate' photo of Jones' wife that Jones sent to Roger Stone
- The saga of Alex Jones' text messages just took an uncomfortable turn. In his recent Sandy Hook trial, Jones' attorneys made a mistake and accidentally turned over two years' of Jones' private texts to the opposing legal team. Over the weekend, Jones complained on his
show that a "...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
He's Erasing a 2012 Murder, One Pitch at a Time
Forget WFH. It's Time to WFG
Big Tobacco Made Junk Food Addictive, Too
She Just Broke Marathon Record by 2 Minutes
This Time, Senator May Not Survive His Bribery Scandal
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.