Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
In Jan. 6 Texts,
Said Trump Doctor
Apr 20, 2022 3:23 PM CDT
In Jan. 6 Texts, Militia Members Said Trump Doctor 'Needs Protection'
Oath Keepers discussed protecting several Trump allies during riot
- Members of the far-right militia group the Oath Keepers discussed providing protection to some of then-President Trump's top allies surrounding the Jan. 6 Capitol insurrection, including Republican Rep. Ronny Jackson, Roger Stone, and Michael Flynn, newly-released text messages show. Several group members—including Joshua James, who has pleaded guilty...
Apr 18, 2022 6:49 AM CDT
Infowars Files for Bankruptcy
Move by Alex Jones comes amid legal losses over his Sandy Hook hoax claims
- Alex Jones' legal and financial trouble keeps mounting. His Infowars site has filed for bankruptcy after Jones lost three lawsuits to relatives of victims in the Sandy Hook school shooting, reports Bloomberg . Jones initially spread the conspiracy theory that the shooting was a hoax, though he has since recanted. Victims'...
to Be Paid
Apr 16, 2022 3:10 PM CDT
Court Fines to Be Paid Back to Alex Jones
Infowars host eventually showed up for deposition in Sandy Hook case
- Infowars host and conspiracy theorist Alex Jones will be getting back the $75,000 in fines he paid to a Connecticut court for failing to appear at a deposition last month in a lawsuit over his assertions that the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting was a hoax, a judge has...
After $75K in Fines,
Alex Jones Finally
Sits for Deposition
Apr 7, 2022 1:19 AM CDT
After $75K in Fines, Alex Jones Finally Sits for Deposition
He then immediately applied for the money to be returned to him
- Alex Jones was questioned Wednesday by lawyers for families of Sandy Hook victims in Connecticut, where a judge had ordered the Infowars host to face mounting fines until he appeared for a deposition, the AP reports. Relatives of some of the 20 children and six educators killed in the 2012...
to Be Fined
$25K a Day
Until He Is
Mar 31, 2022 1:03 AM CDT
Alex Jones to Be Fined $25K a Day Until He Is Deposed
Right-winger claimed he was sick, but he somehow made it into studio to record his radio show
Alex Jones will be fined $25,000 for each weekday that he fails to appear for a deposition in a lawsuit brought against him by the families of some of the victims of the Sandy Hook elementary school mass shooting. A Connecticut judge found him in contempt of court...
Nix Alex Jones'
Mar 30, 2022 12:01 AM CDT
Sandy Hook Families Quickly Nix Alex Jones' Settlement Offer
Lawyers say Jones is just trying to 'escape a public reckoning'
- Infowars host Alex Jones offered to pay $120,000 per plaintiff to resolve a lawsuit by relatives of Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting victims who said he defamed them by asserting the massacre never happened, according to court filings Tuesday. The offer was quickly rejected by the families, the AP...
Judge Makes Rare Move in
Alex Jones Case—for 4th Time
Nov 15, 2021 12:06 PM CST
Judge Makes Rare Move in Alex Jones Case—for 4th Time
Infowars host is guilty by default in Connecticut defamation case, just as he was in Texas
- Alex Jones is now 0 for 4 in defamation cases brought by parents of victims in the Sandy Hook school shooting. On Monday, a judge in Connecticut took the rare step of finding Jones guilty by default because he repeatedly refused to hand over documents pertinent to the trial, reports...
Jones Loses Sandy Hook
Cases by Default
Oct 1, 2021 10:55 AM CDT
Jones Loses Sandy Hook Cases by Default
Conspiracy theorist repeatedly failed to comply with orders to provide documents
- Alex Jones has lost two more court cases and is going to have to pay more damages to the families of children killed in a mass shooting he claimed was a hoax. A Texas judge has issued two rare default judgments against Jones and his conspiracy theorist media outlet, Infowars,...
FBI Sees No 'Grand Scheme'
Behind Attack on Capitol
Aug 20, 2021 3:45 PM CDT
FBI Sees No 'Grand Scheme' Behind Attack on Capitol
Investigators say few rioters had coordinated with an organization
- The Jan. 6 attack on the US Capitol apparently wasn't a highly coordinated plot intended to negate the presidential election results. Citing current and former FBI officials, Reuters reports that investigators, who have arrested more than 570 people in the case, have found little to indicate any group coordinated...
Descent of Alex Jones
Apr 19, 2021 5:48 PM CDT
Podcasters Track Descent of Alex Jones
As Infowars traffic falls, hosts who mock it wonder what they'll do next
- Dan Friesen and Jordan Holmes are following Alex Jones closely on his way down, but they aren't fans. They are growing concerned, though, about the Infowars host hitting bottom. "He just feels less and less in control of what he's doing. The presentation is reckless and absurd,...
Supreme Court Rejects
Alex Jones' Request
in Sandy Hook Case
Apr 6, 2021 2:04 AM CDT
Supreme Court Rejects Alex Jones' Request in Sandy Hook Case
High court offered no comment on its decision
- The US Supreme Court on Monday declined to hear an appeal by Infowars host and conspiracy theorist Alex Jones, who was fighting a Connecticut court sanction in a defamation lawsuit brought by relatives of some of the victims of the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting, the AP reports. Jones was...
High-Profile Trump Allies
Eyed in Capitol Riot Probe
Feb 21, 2021 8:20 AM CST
High-Profile Trump Allies Eyed in Capitol Riot Probe
The Justice Dept. is reportedly investigating Alex Jones and Roger Stone
- The Justice Department is reportedly investigating possible connections between some high profile Donald Trump allies and right-wing rioters who stormed the Capitol Jan. 6. Per the
New York Times
, investigators want to know whether longtime Trump associate Roger Stone, who the former president pardoned in December, "knew about or...
Sue Alex Jones
Jan 23, 2021 1:45 PM CST
Court: Newtown Parents Can Sue Alex Jones
Defamation cases are pending over Infowars calling mass shooting a hoax
- Alex Jones has lost his attempt to have lawsuits by the parents of children shot to death at Sandy Hook Elementary thrown out. The Texas Supreme Court made no comment in rejecting Jones' argument Friday, the
reports. The parents sued after Jones and his Infowars broadcasts called the...
Is Backing Parler
Nov 15, 2020 4:00 PM CST
Billionaire's Daughter Is Backing Parler
Rebekah Mercer played a vital role in getting the social-media network started
- A social media app that's soaring in popularity—especially among conservatives and libertarians—didn't just come out of nowhere. The
Wall Street Journal
reports that Rebekah Mercer, a deep-pocketed conservative donor, played a big role in getting Parler up on its feet. In fact, Parler CEO John Matze...
Spotify Faces Backlash
Over Alex Jones Appearance
Oct 29, 2020 4:02 AM CDT
Spotify Faces Backlash Over Alex Jones Appearance
He was a guest on Joe Rogan's podcast
- Alex Jones has been banned from Spotify and other major tech platforms—but the conspiracy theorist could still be heard on Joe Rogan's Spotify podcast Tuesday. The libertarian host uploaded a three-hour interview with Jones, causing a backlash from listeners who said Jones was spreading misinformation about vaccines and...
Alex Jones' Latest 'Rant'
Looks Like a Deal-Breaker
May 2, 2020 11:30 AM CDT
Alex Jones' Latest 'Rant' Looks Like a Deal-Breaker
The conspiracy theorist is looking at his neighbors and feeling hungry
- Alex Jones took his rants to a new level Friday by threatening to chop up and eat his neighbors amid the coronavirus lockdown, Vice reports. "My children aren't going hungry," he said on his live-streamed radio show . "My children aren't going hungry. I'll admit...
FDA Has a Coronavirus
Warning for Alex Jones
Apr 10, 2020 2:14 AM CDT
FDA Has a Coronavirus Warning for Alex Jones
Tells Infowars host to stop hawking fake treatments for the virus
- Count Alex Jones among the people hawking fake coronavirus treatments . The FDA and the FTC warned the right-wing conspiracy theorist in a letter to stop promoting and selling silver-infused products including toothpaste and mouthwash that "are intended to mitigate, prevent, treat, diagnose, or cure COVID-19." Those products are...
Alex Jones Arrested
on DWI Charge
Mar 10, 2020 4:01 PM CDT
Alex Jones Arrested on DWI Charge
Infowars host says his BAC was under the legal limit for driving
- Conspiracy theorist Alex Jones was arrested in Texas on a misdemeanor charge of driving while intoxicated, authorities said Tuesday. Jones, who founded Infowars and produces his radio show in Austin, was booked into an Austin jail shortly after midnight and released on bond a few hours later, Travis County Sheriff'...
for $100K Over
Dec 31, 2019 8:28 AM CST
Alex Jones, Infowars Hit for $100K Over Sandy Hook
Judge orders conspiracy theorist to pay court costs, legal fees to family of slain Newtown boy Jesse Lewis
- Alex Jones and his Infowars website haven't even gone to trial yet regarding a lawsuit brought against him by a Sandy Hook family, but the case has already put him nearly $130,000 in the hole, not counting his own expenses. Per the Daily Beast , in addition to an...
Lawyers Say Alex Jones
Sent Them Child Porn
Jun 18, 2019 1:27 AM CDT
Lawyers Say Alex Jones Sent Them Child Porn
Conspiracy theorist says he's being framed
- A bizarre twist in the Sandy Hook lawsuit against Alex Jones: Lawyers for the families of school massacre victims say the Infowars host sent them child pornography in email files turned over as part of the defamation lawsuit, reports the
The lawyers say they reported the images to...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
2 Deaths in the World of Music
Teen Has Heart Attack After Massive Horse Kick
10-Year-Old Survivor Describes Shooting
Texas Official: Police Made 'Wrong Decision' at Shooting
Almost Everyone Has Now Pulled Out of NRA Concert
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.