Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Aug 25, 2022 2:00 PM CDT
Meghan Markle Dethrones Joe Rogan Atop Spotify
Her new podcast is No. 1 on the platform's charts
- Joe Rogan has been king of the Spotify podcast charts for most of three years, but those charts now have a ruling queen instead. Meghan Markle was No. 1 on the platform's rankings Thursday, two days after the debut of her
podcast, reports The List .
The Joe Rogan
Meghan Markle Tries to
Trademark 500-Year-Old Word
Apr 6, 2022 6:43 AM CDT
Meghan Markle Tries to Trademark 500-Year-Old Word
'Archetypes' is the title of her new Spotify podcast, examining female stereotypes
- Meghan Markle is seeking to trademark "archetypes," which in addition to being a 500-year-old word is also the title of her upcoming Spotify-exclusive podcast. The Duchess of Sussex, acting through her Archewell Audio company, filed the application with the US Patent and Trademark Office in March, the same...
Report: Spotify's Rogan Deal
Worth Far More Than $100M
Feb 18, 2022 4:58 AM CST
Report: Spotify's Rogan Deal Worth Far More Than $100M
Sources say it was worth at least $200M
- When Joe Rogan signed a multiyear deal with Spotify in 2020, industry insiders estimated it was worth around $100 million—a record for the podcasting industry and a pay rise for a man who was already the world's highest-earning podcaster. Sources tell the
New York Times
and Pitchfork that...
Feb 9, 2022 1:16 AM CST
Joe Rogan Addresses Spotify Drama on Podcast
Calls the controversy a 'political hit job'
- Joe Rogan addressed the Spotify controversy he remains embroiled in ... on his Spotify podcast Tuesday. "This is a political hit job," he said while discussing the video of him using the n-word multiple times in the past with his guest, comic Akaash Singh. "They’re taking all...
Neil Young Has a Word of
Advice for Spotify Workers
Feb 8, 2022 7:01 AM CST
Neil Young Has a Word of Advice for Spotify Workers
Singer-songwriter is now urging workers at the streaming platform to quit
- Neil Young's beef with Spotify isn't over. After requesting all of his songs be taken off the streaming platform two weeks ago in protest of the misinformation put out by Joe Rogan's podcast—and after some other big names, including Joni Mitchell and his former CSNY bandmates...
Joe Rogan Offered
$100M to Quit Spotify
Feb 7, 2022 4:43 PM CST
Joe Rogan Offered $100M to Quit Spotify
'We are ready to fight alongside you,' Rumble CEO Chris Pavlovski tells podcaster
- If Joe Rogan is getting tired of apologizing for the contents of his podcasts, he might be tempted by an offer from video-sharing platform Rumble. The right-wing Canadian site is trying to lure Rogan away from Spotify with a $100 million deal, per the
Joe Rogan Experience
After N-Word Controversy,
Spotify Still Backing Joe Rogan
Feb 7, 2022 2:11 AM CST
After N-Word Controversy, Spotify Still Backing Joe Rogan
Podcaster had already apologized
Following the latest Joe Rogan controversy, Spotify is still standing by the podcaster. The streaming company's CEO said in a letter to employees released Sunday that he "strongly condemn[s]" Rogan's use of the n-word, but that "silencing Joe is not the answer." He said...
Crosby, Stills, Nash Also
Want Their Music Off Spotify
Feb 2, 2022 3:06 PM CST
Crosby, Stills, Nash Also Want Their Music Off Spotify
They're following Neil Young's lead
- It's not exactly the reunion fans had hoped for, but Crosby, Stills, Nash, and Young are now back together—in opposition to COVID misinformation on Spotify. David Crosby, Stephen Stills, and Graham Nash, who split up acrimoniously in 2015, are following Neil Young's lead and asking their labels...
Amid Joe Rogan Drama, 'Delete
Spotify' Shows Up on Spotify
Feb 1, 2022 1:28 AM CST
Amid Joe Rogan Drama, 'Delete Spotify' Shows Up on Spotify
The band Belly puts image on its homepage
- Listen to Belly on Spotify, and you'll be met with an interesting message (at least, if you're listening via the desktop app): "Delete Spotify." That's what the image associated with the '90s alt-rock band's Spotify page reads, and the band's members confirm...
Joe Rogan, Spotify Respond
to Misinfo Protests
Jan 31, 2022 6:55 AM CST
Joe Rogan, Spotify Respond to Misinfo Protests
Podcaster says he doesn't think he's spreading bad info but agrees on new Spotify COVID advisories
- Scientists , doctors , and famous performers have come out in full force to slam the Spotify podcast of Joe Rogan, accusing him of spreading misinformation on COVID and climate change. Finally, Rogan is now publicly responding, as is the streaming platform. In a lengthy video posted to Instagram late Sunday,...
Jan 29, 2022 8:45 AM CST
Spotify Loses Another Big Name Over 'Irresponsible People'
Singer Joni Mitchell joins Neil Young in pushing back against Joe Rogan podcast, COVID misinfo
- Spotify has agreed to remove Neil Young's songs from its music-streaming platform—at Young's request, in protest of Joe Rogan's podcast and other COVID misinformation—and now it's got another famous name following suit. On Friday, singer-songwriter Joni Mitchell announced she, too, would be yanking her...
Scientists Take Issue With
Joe Rogan Podcast Discussion
Jan 28, 2022 8:00 AM CST
Scientists Take Issue With Joe Rogan Podcast Discussion
Experts label climate comments by guest Jordan Peterson as dangerous nonsense
- More critics are accusing the Spotify-exclusive Joe Rogan Experience podcast of sharing dangerous misinformation after Tuesday's episode in which a guest spouted what one scientist calls a "word salad of nonsense" about climate science. Just days after 270 members of the US scientific and medical communities demanded Spotify...
Spotify Says It's
Taking Down All
Neil Young's Music
Jan 26, 2022 5:57 PM CST
Spotify Says It's Taking Down All Neil Young's Music
Rocker wanted it pulled to protest Joe Rogan's COVID misinformation
: Spotify says it is removing Neil Young's music from its platform as per his request. The rocker said Monday that he wanted his music pulled to protest Joe Rogan's podcast and other COVID misinformation on Spotify. "We regret Neil’s decision to remove his music from...
Doctors Want Spotify to Do
Something About Joe Rogan
in case you missed it
Jan 16, 2022 2:15 PM CST
Doctors Want Spotify to Do Something About Joe Rogan
Open letter urges platform to bring in policy on medical misinformation
- Hundreds of medical professionals are asking Spotify to deal with medical misinformation on its platform—including problematic content on the show of its most popular podcaster. An open letter from 270 doctors, scientists, and other professionals says that throughout the pandemic, "Joe Rogan has repeatedly spread misleading and false...
Nov 22, 2021 2:58 AM CST
Thanks to Adele, a Change to Spotify's Shuffle Button
It's no longer the default option on album pages
- What Adele wants, Adele gets. The singer revealed this weekend that at her request, Spotify removed "shuffle" as the default option on album pages, because, as she explained, "We don’t create albums with so much care and thought into our track listing for no reason. Our art...
Joe Rogan Returns to
the Subject of Vaccines
Apr 30, 2021 8:05 AM CDT
Joe Rogan Returns to the Subject of Vaccines
Says 'I'm not a doctor'
- Joe Rogan says he's not against vaccines—but he appears to be sticking to his view that young people don't need one for COVID-19. After the White House and Dr. Anthony Fauci countered Rogan's claims made on
The Joe Rogan Experience
last week, the podcast host again...
Apr 28, 2021 11:35 AM CDT
Joe Rogan's Spotify Comments on Vaccinations Get Notice
Podcast host said the idea of a child receiving a COVID-19 vaccine was 'crazy'
- In January, Spotify removed podcast host Pete Evans for spreading misinformation, saying it bans the promotion of "misleading content about COVID-19 that may cause offline harm and/or pose a direct threat to public health." Now, onlookers are waiting to see if and how that policy will apply to...
Woman Sues Over Podcast
on Woody Harrelson's Dad
Feb 28, 2021 6:11 AM CST
Woman Sues Over Podcast on Woody Harrelson's Dad
Dr. Chrysanthe Parker: 'Son of a Hitman' unfairly paints me as 'very unusual witness' in murder trial
- A Texas attorney and health care professional who was an eyewitness to the murder that put actor Woody Harrelson's father behind bars is now suing Spotify and others on the use of her interview for a podcast about the crime. Per Courthouse News , Dr. Chrysanthe Parker was a witness...
Duke and Duchess
Turn to Podcasting
Dec 15, 2020 12:07 PM CST
Duke and Duchess Turn to Podcasting
Harry and Meghan sign a deal with Spotify
- In 2020, Spotify has nabbed podcast deals with Joe Rogan , Michelle Obama , Kim Kardashian , and now a duke and duchess. Archewell Audio, a division of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's new production company , has signed an exclusive partnership with Spotify that will see the couple "host and produce...
Artist of 2020
Dec 1, 2020 7:38 AM CST
Here's Spotify's Most-Streamed Artist of 2020
Bad Bunny leads a list that includes Drake, J Balvin, Juice WRLD, and The Weeknd
- The year's most played artist on Spotify? Globally speaking: Bad Bunny. The Puerto Rican superstar is the music platform’s most-streamed artist of the year with 8.3 billion streams globally. The Latin Grammy winner and hitmaker, who released a new album last week, leads a top five list...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Tom Brady, Gisele Bundchen Hire Divorce Attorneys
Brad Pitt Fires Back at Angelina Jolie
Family 'Destroyed' After Tragedy During College Parents Weekend
Herschel Walker's Abortion Story Was No Secret
It's Canned Water. And It's Nearly a Unicorn
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.