Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Owner of Foot Found in
Yellowstone Hot Spring ID'd
Nov 18, 2022 8:35 AM CST
Owner of Foot Found in Yellowstone Hot Spring ID'd
Il Hun Ro of Los Angeles died in 'unwitnessed incident' at Abyss Pool in July
- The partial foot found in a hot spring at Yellowstone National Park in mid-August belonged to a 70-year-old man who is believed to have died weeks earlier. Il Hun Ro of Los Angeles was identified in the last three weeks using DNA analysis, park officials said Thursday, per Fox News...
This Is the Most
Giving State in America
Nov 12, 2022 10:00 AM CST
This Is the Most Giving State in America
Congrats to Utah, according to WalletHub's ranking of the most, least charitable states
- If you're in a position to be philanthropic, whether that means donating your money or your time, where you live can make a difference in terms of enthusiasm from fellow locals—which in turn might inspire even more of your own altruism. WalletHub looked at 19 metrics across all...
Fighting Off Grizzly Bear,
Hunter Shoots Himself
Oct 25, 2022 3:02 AM CDT
Fighting Off Grizzly Bear, Hunter Shoots Himself
But man survived the Wyoming attack
- A Wyoming hunter managed to scare off an attacking grizzly bear Friday night in an area south of Grand Teton National Park—but in the process, he shot himself in the leg. Lee Francis, 65, was hunting with his 40-year-old son in Rock Creek, along the Sawtooth mountains, when the...
College Wrestler Tries to
Pull Grizzly Off Teammate,
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT
Oct 22, 2022 6:00 AM CDT
College Wrestler Tries to Pull Grizzly Off Teammate, Gets Attacked
Both are expected to survive
- Two college wrestlers from Wyoming were attacked by a grizzly bear during a hike outside Cody on Saturday. Four members of the Northwest College wrestling team went hiking and horn hunting (hunting for shed antlers, per KSL ) after practice, and were coming down a mountain in the late afternoon...
Police Searching for
Missing Woman Are
Looking for a Drum
Sep 19, 2022 2:07 AM CDT
Police Searching for Missing Woman Are Looking for a Drum
Irene Gakwa's family last saw her on a video call Feb. 24
- Irene Gakwa moved to the US from Kenya in 2019, with dreams of becoming a nurse. She last spoke to her parents in Kenya via video chat on Feb. 24, and they noticed she seemed tired and withdrawn. Her dad reminded her to "drink hot milk and relax."...
Cemented a New GOP
Aug 17, 2022 9:35 AM CDT
Tuesday's Primaries Cemented a New GOP
Cheney vows to continue fighting 'against those who would destroy our republic'
- Liz Cheney knew she was fighting a losing battle. Had she cozied up to Donald Trump, she might have easily won her Wyoming primary on Tuesday instead of losing handily (she had 29% support to Harriet Hageman's 66%, with 99% of expected votes counted, per the
Aug 17, 2022 6:53 AM CDT
Liz Cheney Loses Her Primary
Trump-backed challenger Harriet Hageman wins
- As expected , Liz Cheney lost her primary Tuesday in Wyoming. The congresswoman lost to Harriet Hageman, who was backed by former President Trump—who was, as NBC News puts it, seeking "revenge" on Cheney for voting to impeach him when he was president, as well as for sitting...
3 Big Names
on Ballot, Plus
One That Isn't
Aug 16, 2022 9:40 AM CDT
Primary Day: 3 Big Names on Ballot, Plus One That Isn't
Liz Cheney, Sarah Palin, and Lisa Murkowski fight to move on, all with fates tied to Donald Trump
- Pretty much all the focus in Tuesday's primary schedule is on three high-profile names—Liz Cheney, Lisa Murkowski, and Sarah Palin—all of whom have a strong connection to former President Trump. Here's the latest on the contests out of Wyoming and Alaska:
The sentiment about the
This Is the Best
State to Live In
Aug 15, 2022 12:00 PM CDT
This Is the Best State to Live In
Massachusetts tops WalletHub's list, while Mississippi comes in last
- There's no one perfect state in the US to live in, but you can likely find the perfect state for
. WalletHub looked at all 50 of them, examining more than four dozen metrics in five main categories:
, including home prices, taxes, and cost of living;
Aug 15, 2022 8:35 AM CDT
On Primary Eve, Different Outlooks for Cheney, Murkowski
Both GOPers have been strong Trump critics, but Murkowski's prospects look better than Cheney's
- They hail from their states' most prominent Republican families. They've been among the GOP's sharpest critics of former President Trump. And after the Jan. 6 insurrection, they supported his impeachment. But for all their similarities, the political fortunes of US Sen. Lisa Murkowski of Alaska and US Rep....
Dick Cheney Has Some
Fighting Words for Trump
Aug 5, 2022 9:31 AM CDT
Dick Cheney Has Some Fighting Words for Trump
Former VP calls former president a 'coward' in ad for his daughter Liz
- Former President Trump is a "coward" who "tried to steal the last election using lies and violence to keep himself in power after the voters had rejected him," Dick Cheney says in a campaign ad for his daughter, Rep. Liz Cheney. "A real man wouldn't...
Poll Lends Weight
Jul 16, 2022 10:45 AM CDT
Poll Lends Weight to 'Foregone Conclusion' on Liz Cheney
Wyo. congresswoman trails Trump pick Harriet Hageman by 22 points in reelection bid
- The first independent, public in-state poll has been released in Wyoming on Liz Cheney's reelection bid to the US House of Representatives, and it's not great news for Cheney. A survey of 1,100 registered Wyoming voters, conducted from July 7 to July 11 for the
Man Hiking at High Elevation
in Wyoming Is Mauled by Bear
Jun 29, 2022 11:53 AM CDT
Man Hiking at High Elevation in Wyoming Is Mauled by Bear
It was thought to be a grizzly
- A hiker appears to have survived being mauled by a grizzly bear in northwestern Wyoming. The "experienced out-of-state recreationalist" was hiking high up on the 13,000-foot Francs Peak Monday when he met a bear, thought to be a grizzly. The Wyoming Game and Fish Department on Tuesday characterized...
Escaped Missouri Inmate
Recaptured in Wyoming
Jun 9, 2022 9:50 AM CDT
Escaped Missouri Inmate Recaptured in Wyoming
2 others are still at large
- An escaped inmate from Missouri was recaptured Wednesday more than 900 miles away, near Casper, Wyo., authorities say. The Mills Police Department says Christopher Blevins was captured after local law enforcement was informed he could be at a truck stop in the area, NBC News reports. The 37-year-old inmate, who...
May 29, 2022 11:15 AM CDT
Fire Cheney, Trump Tells Wyoming Rally
'She has gone crazy,' former president tells crowd in Casper
- Former President Donald Trump told thousands of Wyoming voters on Saturday that theirs is "the most important election that we have," and that they should use it to remove Rep. Liz Cheney from Congress because "she has gone crazy." Trump, who did not visit the state...
Yellowstone Ranger: I've Seen
Forrest Fenn's Treasure Spot
in case you missed it
May 8, 2022 7:00 AM CDT
Yellowstone Ranger: I've Seen Forrest Fenn's Treasure Spot
Exact location could be revealed through lawsuit proceedings
- At least two living people know where the late Forrest Fenn hid his treasure: the man who found it and the chief ranger of Yellowstone National Park. Ranger Sarah Davis has admitted that Fenn and Jack Stuef , the 30-something medical student who found Fenn's treasure in the summer of...
Yellowstone Offers Passes
That Become Valid in 2172
Apr 4, 2022 6:05 PM CDT
Yellowstone Offers Passes That Become Valid in 2172
In the meantime, the $1.5K donation will support park projects
- As Yellowstone National Park celebrates its 150th anniversary year, the park's fundraising arm is seeking $1,500 donations in exchange for an annual entry pass that can be used by carloads of the donor's descendants to visit the park in 150 years. Yellowstone Forever will use the money...
Liz Cheney in 2024?
A Buzz Is Growing
Mar 14, 2022 11:50 AM CDT
Liz Cheney in 2024? A Buzz Is Growing
But the anti-Trump Republican has a daunting primary in Wyoming to win first
- A number of stories have surfaced of late about Liz Cheney, whose bid for reelection to her House seat in Wyoming will be one of the most closely watched races in this year's midterm elections. But in discussing the primary, the stories have something else in common: All explore...
Feb 17, 2022 7:30 PM CST
McCarthy Endorses Cheney's Opponent
Along with Trump, GOP House leader backs Harriet Hageman
- House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy on Thursday joined former President Donald Trump in endorsing Rep. Liz Cheney's opponent in upcoming Wyoming GOP primary. McCarthy is the biggest House name so far to back Harriet Hageman, the Hill reports. Party leaders have censured Cheney , and Trump has attacked her, for...
This State Has Made
the Most Racial Progress
Jan 17, 2022 8:07 AM CST
This State Has Made the Most Racial Progress
Arizona takes the top spot in WalletHub ranking
- Monday is the day we honor the late civil-rights leader Martin Luther King Jr., in a country still contending with racial discrimination and a deep divide regarding our nation's history on racism. WalletHub examines all 50 states and the District of Columbia to see which states are the most...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Secret Recording of Pope Is Played in Court
Frontier Airlines Has Ditched Telephone Customer Service
Trump Says He Didn't Know White Nationalist He Dined With
Ukrainians Flee Recaptured City
Florida Beaches Run Short of Sand
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.