Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Sep 21, 2023 2:40 PM CDT
Beverly Hills Targets Young Vandals Prepping for Halloween
City bans those under 21 from possessing shaving cream, Silly String on Oct. 31
- Beverly Hills has placed a ban on young people possessing everyday products abused by vandals in an effort to create a "safe, family-friendly environment" on Halloween. The city council voted 5-0 Tuesday to ban people under the age of 21 from possessing Silly String, shaving cream or gel, and...
Man Who Rammed Teen's
Car After Prank Sentenced
Jul 19, 2023 11:00 AM CDT
Man Who Rammed Teen's Car After Prank Sentenced
Anurag Chandra gets life with no parole
- A California man who caused the death of three teenagers after they rang his doorbell in a "ding-dong ditch" prank has been sentenced to spend the rest of his life in prison. Anurag Chandra was found guilty in April of three counts of first-degree murder and three counts of...
'Jeep Ducking' Is a Thing.
Here's How It Started
Jul 15, 2023 9:30 AM CDT
'Jeep Ducking' Is a Thing. Here's How It Started
'Jeep Ducking' is a way for Jeep enthusiasts to spread joy
- Duck vs. Jeep situations usually end badly for the duck. But the viral "Jeep Ducking" trend has turned that equation on its head. As the
Wall Street Journal
reports, "Jeep ducking" is a playful act with a somewhat literal name: It involves placing a rubber duck on another...
Guilty Plea in Prank Call Case
Using SD Governor's Number
May 10, 2023 4:30 PM CDT
Guilty Plea in Prank Call Case Using SD Governor's Number
Ex-reporter Austin Goss made a phone call from Gov. Kristi Noem's cell phone
- Austin Goss, a 26-year-old former reporter with Dakota News Now, pleaded guilty Tuesday to disorderly conduct, reports the
. In doing so, he copped to using South Dakota Governor Kristi Noem's personal cell number to make a prank call to South Dakota's former Republican Party chair, Dan...
This Guy Pranked Alex Jones,
and Jones Isn't Happy
in case you missed it
May 7, 2023 11:00 AM CDT
This Guy Pranked Alex Jones, and Jones Isn't Happy
Chris James says he pretended he was Tucker Carlson using AI, will air call on Monday
- If you love prank phone calls, you have something to look forward to on Monday. That's when Chris James, a self-proclaimed "little prankster" from Canada, says he'll be releasing the gag call he made to conspiracy theorist Alex Jones this week, a call that Jones has admitted...
Midshipmen Take Prank
Tradition to New Heights
Dec 7, 2022 10:35 AM CST
Midshipmen Take Prank Tradition to New Heights
Leaflet drops have been deployed ahead of the 123rd Army-Navy football game
- Airborne leaflet drops are a timeworn form of psychological warfare dating back to the World War I era. More recently, Ukrainian forces have spread leaflets via helicopter and artillery shells instructing Russian troops on how to surrender. Per CNN Business , several midshipmen from the US Naval Academy deployed the tactic...
Russian Pranksters Trick
Polish Leader. Again
Nov 22, 2022 11:31 AM CST
Russian Pranksters Trick Polish Leader. Again
This time, callers pose as French leader Macron
- Russian comedians pretending to be the French president tricked the Polish president, Andrzej Duda, into giving them sensitive information after a missile exploded in eastern Poland last week. Duda's office confirmed on Tuesday that he was put through last week to a person claiming to be France's president,...
Cyclist Charged After Teen
Girls' Prank Goes Awry
Sep 26, 2022 11:28 AM CDT
Cyclist Charged After Teen Girls' Prank Goes Awry
Mathieu van der Poel accused of physically assaulting girls who kept knocking on his door
- Top cyclist Mathieu van der Poel had been one of the favorites to win Sunday's world championship race in Wollongong, Australia. Instead of that, he ended up flying home to the Netherlands with a criminal conviction under his belt, reports the
. It seems that a group of kids...
Speech at NRA Meeting
Appears to Confuse Its CEO
May 31, 2022 10:10 AM CDT
Speech at NRA Meeting Appears to Confuse Its CEO
Homage to Wayne LaPierre's 'thoughts and prayers' was the work of prankster Jason Selvig
- A man who appeared to defend National Rifle Association CEO Wayne LaPierre at the group's annual meeting this weekend, just days after a mass shooting at a Texas elementary school killed 21 people, was doing anything but. Jason Selvig, one half of comedy duo The Good Liars, took the...
Even Students Didn't Like
This Senior Prank: 'Not Cool'
May 20, 2022 9:26 AM CDT
Even Students Didn't Like This Senior Prank: 'Not Cool'
Texas high school shuts down for 2 days after harmless antics 'devolved rapidly'
- End-of-year tomfoolery at a Texas high school was supposed to involve nothing more than harmless sticky notes. But the high jinks got out of hand, leading to the school's closure for two days due to vandalism. According to the Frisco Independent School District, a "small group of students"...
Kimmel, Fallon Pull Off
Ultimate April Fools' Joke
Apr 2, 2022 7:45 AM CDT
Kimmel, Fallon Pull Off Ultimate April Fools' Joke
The 2 Jimmys swapped coasts, and shows, on Friday night, to the surprise of their audiences
- For two years, Jimmy Fallon and Jimmy Kimmel have been cooking up an April Fools' Day scheme, and on Friday night, the late-night hosts pulled it off, in an epic way. Per
The Hollywood Reporter
, the comedians swapped shows, with Fallon heading to Los Angeles, and Kimmel heading to New...
An 'Impractical Joker'
Is Leaving the Group
Jan 1, 2022 8:45 AM CST
An 'Impractical Joker' Is Leaving the Group
Joe Gatto says he's leaving prankster comedy troupe to focus on co-parenting after separation
- For 10 years, TruTV has sated the public's need for pranks with
, a show hosted by four friends from childhood—Sal Vulcano, James Murray, Brian Quinn, and Joe Gatto—who force each other to do humiliating and/or bizarre tasks in front of strangers for points. Now, one...
MyPillow Guy Thought He
Was Speaking to Trump, Wasn't
Apr 21, 2021 7:53 AM CDT
MyPillow Guy Thought He Was Speaking to Trump, Wasn't
Prank caller gets through to Mike Lindell during live telethon for his new social-media site
- Mike Lindell just can't catch a break. Not only is the MyPillow founder being sued for $1.3 billion by Dominion Voting Systems and struggling to launch his social media site—now he's being prank-called, too. The Hill reports that on Monday, Lindell was hosting a live telethon...
2 Passengers Booted Off
Plane After First-Class Prank
in case you missed it
Nov 7, 2020 5:00 PM CST
2 Passengers Booted Off Plane After First-Class Prank
Witness says woman squeezed under friend's seat before plane took off
- An incident on an American Airlines flight got at least two passengers kicked off the plane, all supposedly in an effort to get views on YouTube. A witness to the incident last week in the first-class section of a flight headed from Dallas to Miami posted about it in the...
'a New Low'
May 15, 2020 1:27 PM CDT
NYC MTA: TikTok Star's Subway Prank 'a New Low'
Josh Popkin's Fruity Pebbles-and-milk stunt didn't go over well
- A TikTok star caused quite a commotion on a New York City subway, and now he's facing quite a backlash. Per BuzzFeed , Josh Popkin, the 23-year-old also known as @fckjoshy, shared video on the social network showing him carrying a plastic bin filled with Fruity Pebbles and milk onto...
Well, a Celeb Pulled an
April Fools' Coronavirus Prank
Apr 1, 2020 8:10 AM CDT
Well, a Celeb Pulled an April Fools' Coronavirus Prank
K-pop star Jaejoong ended up taking the post down
- A K-pop star apparently didn't get the April 1 memo. As governments across the globe went so far as to issue warnings against pulling coronavirus-related April Fools' Day jokes, the singer Jaejoong from the K-pop group JYJ told his 1.9 million fans on Instagram he'd been diagnosed...
$35K in Food Dumped After
'Twisted Prank' in Grocery Store
Mar 26, 2020 9:05 AM CDT
$35K in Food Dumped After 'Twisted Prank' in Grocery Store
Woman went around coughing on everything as a joke, store co-owner says
- A "very challenging day" at a Pennsylvania grocery store started with a cough and ended with more than $35,000 worth of food being dumped.
reports on the incident Wednesday at Gerrity's Supermarket in Hanover Township, where a woman reportedly came in and "proceeded to...
Russian Pranksters: Harry Said
Trump Has 'Blood on His Hands'
Mar 11, 2020 1:00 PM CDT
Russian Pranksters: Harry Said Trump Has 'Blood on His Hands'
Vovan and Lexus reportedly got prince to dish on several topics during 2 prank calls
- Jokesters Alexey Stolyarov and Vladimir Kuznetsov apparently like impersonating Greta Thunberg —so much so that they reportedly spent New Year's Eve pranking Prince Harry, pretending they were the Swedish teen climate activist. Per the BBC , the notorious Russian duo known as Vovan and Lexus reportedly placed two calls...
Jan 6, 2020 7:55 AM CST
Latest Victim of Russian Pranksters: Maxine Waters
Democratic congresswoman thought she was talking to Greta Thunberg
- They've gotten Rick Perry , Elton John , Lindsey Graham , and Maxine Waters , among others, and now, Maxine Waters again. "They" being Vladimir Kuznetsov and Alexey Stolyarov, aka Russian rogues Vovan and Lexus, who've placed prank calls to high-profile names worldwide. This time, they fooled the Democratic congresswoman into...
Then Ate It
Dec 23, 2019 7:00 AM CST
She Opened 'Worst Christmas Gift Ever,' Then Ate It
Toddler's reaction to a prank banana is priceless
- While some kids are hoping ( in vain ) that Baby Yoda will show up under the Christmas tree, little Aria Mojica is much easier to please. Her parents found that out when they tried to prank the 2-year-old with what dad Justice Mojica calls the "worst Christmas gift...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
27 Years After Tupac Shakur Killing, a Murder Charge
Costco's Newest Product Keeps Selling Out in Just 'Hours'
First Trump Co-Defendant Pleads Guilty in Georgia
NYC Local: 'Never Seen Anything Like This in My Life'
Judge: Blind Side Deal Never Should Have Happened
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.