Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Kamala Harris' Stepkids
Have a Fitting Name for Her
Aug 13, 2020 12:25 PM CDT
Kamala Harris' Stepkids Have a Fitting Name for Her
They call her 'momala'
- You'll now know her as Joe Biden's running mate—a role that could soon turn Kamala Harris into the first woman, first African American and first Asian American to claim the role of US vice president. To others, she's known as "Momala" and "Kamala Aunty....
Made a Big
May 22, 2020 12:32 PM CDT
Tara Reade's Attorney Just Made a Big Announcement
Douglas Wigdor is dropping Biden accuser as his client, but he's offering few details
- The attorney working with Tara Reade, the former Joe Biden Senate staffer who alleged he sexually assaulted her in the 1990s, said Friday he's no longer representing her, just two weeks after he first began working with her. Douglas Wigdor said the decision wasn't a reflection on the...
to 74 Ex-Biden
May 15, 2020 3:49 PM CDT
PBS Talked to 74 Ex-Biden Staffers About Allegations
Most were women, and none said they experienced any harassment
- "I wouldn't vote for me if I believed Tara Reade," Joe Biden said Thursday . The reference, of course, is to allegations from former staffer Reade that he sexually assaulted her in the 1990s. Now the
PBS News Hour
is out with a report for which it interviewed...
Next for Kamala Harris?
She's Looking Beyond VP
May 11, 2020 8:57 AM CDT
Next for Kamala Harris? She's Looking Beyond VP
She's a top contender, but attorney general, governor, or longer Senate career also options
- Last summer, then-presidential candidate Kamala Harris emerged as Joe Biden's toughest critic in the Democratic primary over his record on race issues. Now, however, Politico reports that the California senator is the favorite to be his running mate. The story says Elizabeth Warren also is in strong contention, but...
After Biden's Denial,
His Accuser Gives Interview
May 7, 2020 4:38 PM CDT
After Biden's Denial, His Accuser Gives Interview
Tara Reade tells Megyn Kelly he should quit race
- Tara Reade, who has accused Joe Biden of sexually assaulting her in 1993, has been interviewed on camera by Megyn Kelly. The former Fox News host announced the interview Thursday, the same day it took place. "Her story & some tough Q’s in a riveting exchange," Kelly...
Bid to Search
May 4, 2020 4:56 PM CDT
Biden Loses Bid to Search for Accuser Complaint
Secretary of the Senate says she can't release information on any documents
- Joe Biden's attempt to clear himself of a sexual assault allegation hit a wall Monday when the secretary of the Senate declined to provide any information about a complaint—including whether one exists. Tara Reade said she filed a complaint with a Capitol personnel office in 1993; Biden, who...
Biden Accuser: My Report
Didn't Say 'Sexual Assault'
May 2, 2020 1:00 PM CDT
Biden Accuser: My Report Didn't Say 'Sexual Assault'
Tara Reade says she 'chickened out' at the last minute
- Tara Reade, the former Senate staffer who alleges Joe Biden sexually assaulted her 27 years ago, says she filed a limited report with a congressional personnel office that did not explicitly accuse him of sexual assault or harassment. "I remember talking about him wanting me to serve drinks because...
How Biden's Denial
Is Being Received
May 1, 2020 1:31 PM CDT
How Biden's Denial Is Being Received
Former VP wants to put Tara Reade's allegations to rest, but that might not be easy
- Joe Biden on Friday strongly denied allegations of sexual assault lodged against him by former aide Tara Reade, first in a statement at Medium and later in a TV interview . A sample of coverage and reaction:
Here is how the main story in the
New York Times
Biden Goes on the Record
About Tara Reade Accusation
May 1, 2020 7:42 AM CDT
Biden Goes on the Record About Tara Reade Accusation
'No, it's not true'
- After what the
New York Times
says were "intensive discussions" within Joe Biden's campaign on how he should best address former aide Tara Reade's sexual assault allegations against him, the former vice president appeared on MSNBC's
program Friday morning to directly speak to the...
Biden to Address the
Elephant in the Room
May 1, 2020 6:07 AM CDT
Biden to Address the Elephant in the Room
Democratic presidential candidate will discuss Tara Reade's allegations Friday morning
- Joe Biden will finally address the sexual assault allegations lobbied against him by former aide Tara Reade. Politico reports the Democratic presidential contender will appear on MSNBC's
Friday to break his silence on the matter. Co-host Mika Brzezinski said he would appear at the top of the...
Biden Allegations a 'Huge
Deal That's Not Going Away'
Apr 30, 2020 3:29 PM CDT
Biden Allegations a 'Huge Deal That's Not Going Away'
Candidate is under pressure to address Tara Reade's accusation of sexual assault
- Joe Biden has yet to personally address a former aide's allegations that he sexually assaulted her in 1993 , and women's rights groups are running out of patience. Several women's groups prepared a letter earlier this month urging the candidate to address Tara Reade's allegations, but they...
In This Biden Mess,
No Good Way Forward
Apr 28, 2020 11:29 AM CDT
In This Biden Mess, No Good Way Forward
Rebecca Traister looks at the awful predicament assault allegations have created
- The Tara Reade allegations against Joe Biden—that he sexually assaulted her in the 1990s—seem to be gaining credibility by the day, writes Rebecca Traister at the Cut . As a result, Democrats now have a "grievous mess" on their hands. The growing corroboration of the Reade allegations "...
2 Women Come Forward to
Back Joe Biden Accuser's Story
Apr 28, 2020 2:21 AM CDT
2 Women Come Forward to Back Joe Biden Accuser's Story
Former neighbor, colleague say Tara Reade talked to them about alleged harassment
- Two more people have come forward to say Tara Reade , the woman who says Joe Biden sexually assaulted her when she was his aide in 1993, talked to them about the alleged incident at the time. "This happened, and I know it did because I remember talking about it,...
in case you missed it
Apr 25, 2020 10:31 AM CDT
VP Pick Illustrates Democrats' Big 2020 Question
Politico: Should Democrats focus on white, working class voters or push for minority vote?
- For those still keeping track, chalk up another state victory for Joe Biden. The presumptive nominee won Wyoming's mail-in Democratic primary, the party said Sunday. Biden got 72% of the vote to Bernie Sanders' 28%, giving him 10 of the state's pledged delegates to Sanders' four, reports the...
Over Biden Allegations
Apr 14, 2020 10:50 AM CDT
Over Biden Allegations
Editor Dean Baquet defends delay in story about alleged sexual misconduct
- Allegations of sexual assault against Joe Biden by a former Senate aide, Tara Reade, got mainstream traction over the weekend when the
New York Times
, and NBC News joined the outlets reporting on them. But critics (including supporters of Bernie Sanders and of Supreme Court Justice...
Joe Biden Gaining Steam
Apr 13, 2020 6:17 AM CDT
Accusations Against Joe Biden Gaining Steam
Tara Reade is talking to more outlets about her sexual assault allegations
- More is coming out from the former aide to Joe Biden who has accused the presumptive Democratic presidential nominee of sexually assaulting her during the early 1990s when he was a senator. Biden’s campaign denies the charges. In two recent interviews with the AP , Tara Reade alleged the assault...
Ex-Biden Aide Makes
Mar 28, 2020 9:30 AM CDT
Ex-Biden Aide Makes Harrowing Accusation
Tara Reade has more to tell about her old boss
- "You're nothing to me." A former Joe Biden aide says those words are still ringing in her ears after he allegedly sexually assaulted her in 1993, the Huffington Post reports. The accuser, Tara Reade, went on a podcast this week and said Biden kissed her, thrust his...
Popular on Newser
Finland Won't Pay Gas Company in Rubles. Russia Hits Back
His Startup Is About to Go Public. He's Also a Killer
Archbishop to Pelosi: No More Communion for You
Tech Bigwig Was on Call on How to Contest Trump's Loss
First, 'Loud Noises on Their Lanai.' Then, a Surprise Visitor
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.