Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Jan. 6 Panel Subpoenas
Jan 19, 2022 1:18 AM CST
Jan. 6 Panel Subpoenas Eric Trump's Phone Records
CNN calls latest development a 'significant escalation'
The House Jan. 6 committee has subpoenaed and obtained phone records linked to Eric Trump and Kimberly Guilfoyle, Donald Trump Jr.'s fiancee, sources tell CNN . The network calls it a "significant escalation" of the probe as it relates to former President Trump's role in the...
Sep 22, 2021 10:05 AM CDT
Report: Trump Campaign Memo Debunked Claims on Dominion
Lawyers touted baseless claims after Nov. 14 memo declared them false, per 'NYT'
- The Trump campaign knew claims that Dominion used its voting machines to rig the 2020 presidential election were baseless within days of the election, before lawsuits were filed to that effect and lawyers touted the claims as fact in a Nov. 19 televised press conference , the
New York Times
Dominion Voting Systems Case
Can Head Toward Trial: Judge
Aug 12, 2021 12:00 AM CDT
Dominion Voting Systems Case Can Head Toward Trial: Judge
Judge clears way for case against Sidney Powell, Rudy Giuliani, Mike Lindell to proceed
- A federal judge cleared the way Wednesday for a defamation case by Dominion Voting Systems to proceed against Sidney Powell, Rudy Giuliani, and Mike Lindell, allies of former President Trump who had all falsely accused the company of rigging the 2020 presidential election. US District Judge Carl Nichols ruled that...
Person' Would Have
Bought My Claims
Mar 23, 2021 4:00 AM CDT
Sidney Powell: 'No Reasonable Person' Would Have Bought My Claims
Former Trump lawyer wants suit against her tossed
- Oh, those claims that Dominion Voting Systems machines were rigged to throw the presidential election to Joe Biden? "No reasonable person" would have taken
statements as facts, Sidney Powell, former member of then-President Trump's legal team, says in a new court filing. Powell is seeking to have...
2nd Voting Tech Company
Sues Fox, Giuliani
Feb 4, 2021 3:40 PM CST
2nd Voting Tech Company Sues Fox, Giuliani
Smartmatic also names Sidney Powell, and Fox hosts over claims of election fraud
- Smartmatic, a voting technology company dealing with fallout from false claims of election fraud, has sued Fox News, Rudy Giuliani, Sidney Powell, and several Fox hosts for $2.7 billion. "We have no choice," said Antonio Mugica, the company's chief executive, CNN reports. "The disinformation campaign...
Trump Sneaks in
4 More Tweets,
Hints of 'Own
Jan 9, 2021 6:00 AM CST
Trump Sneaks in 4 More Tweets, Hints of 'Own Platform'
Michael Flynn, Sidney Powell also get banned from Twitter
- Twitter permanently suspended President Trump's personal account, @RealDonaldTrump, on Friday, but the commander in chief quickly found a temporary workaround. CNBC reports that Trump managed to sneak in four more tweets from the government-owned @POTUS account on Friday evening, although those tweets were also removed from the platform almost...
Trump Ally Sidney Powell
Just Got Sued for $1.3B
Jan 8, 2021 8:58 AM CST
Trump Ally Sidney Powell Just Got Sued for $1.3B
Dominion Voting Systems accuses her of defamation
- Dominion Voting Systems threatened to sue, and, brother, did it ever. The company is seeking $1.3 billion in damages from attorney and Trump ally Sidney Powell, reports Bloomberg . Dominion accuses Powell of defamation for repeatedly making "wild" claims that its machines were rigged to shift votes for President...
Is Fighting Back
Jan 5, 2021 3:20 AM CST
Dominion Voting Systems Is Fighting Back
Will sue Sidney Powell, and maybe even Trump himself
- Dominion Voting Systems has been dragged through the wringer by the Trump campaign, and now the company is fighting back. Its founder and CEO tells Axios it will "imminently" sue ex-Trump campaign attorney Sidney Powell for defamation, and that it is looking into suing others—including, possibly, President Trump...
Trump Loses Another
Big Voice in His Fight
Dec 28, 2020 8:41 AM CST
Trump Loses Another Big Voice in His Fight
'New York Post' tells him to 'stop the insanity' over election challenges
- Another staunch ally of President Trump wants him to give up his fight over the election. The
New York Post
is out Monday with a headline blaring "Stop The Insanity" on its cover, reports the Hill . The editorial board refers to Trump's ongoing challenge of the results as...
Dominion Staffer Sues Trump
Campaign: I Want My Life Back
Dec 23, 2020 8:33 AM CST
Dominion Staffer Sues Trump Campaign: I Want My Life Back
Eric Coomer says he's had to go into hiding due to conspiracy theories about election 'rigging'
- A high-ranking employee for a company that provided election equipment and software in 28 states has been subjected to harassment and death threats so alarming that he was forced to go into hiding a week after the election. Now, Eric Coomer says he wants his life back, and he's...
White House Officials
Are Reportedly 'Unnerved'
Dec 22, 2020 11:55 AM CST
White House Officials Are Reportedly 'Unnerved'
One conservative pundit wants Michael Flynn and Sidney Powell kept away from Trump
- For President Trump and his supporters, it's another example of fake news. But a slew of reports about the White House paints a picture of a president pondering radical action over the next month in an attempt to stay in office. Days ago, reports circulated about Trump floating the...
Its Say Over
Dec 17, 2020 12:02 PM CST
Voting Machine Company Has Its Say Over Wild Claims
Sends legal letter to Sidney Powell likening her allegations to Big Foot and Loch Ness monster
- The attorney pushing claims that voting machines were rigged in Joe Biden's favor might be facing a lawsuit in the near future. The
New York Times
reports that Dominion Voting Systems has sent Sidney Powell a scathing letter demanding that she publicly retract her "knowingly baseless and false...
Dec 12, 2020 2:10 PM CST
Sidney Powell's 'Spider' Is Revealed
Joshua Merritt is apparently a 'secret' GOP witness
- A secret witness in the GOP effort to overturn election results may be a little less than advertised, the
reports. Sidney Powell —a former Trump legal advisor who's working on the election effort—has called him a "military intelligence expert." He's codenamed "...
No Surprises in
2nd Georgia Recount
Dec 2, 2020 7:04 PM CST
No Surprises in 2nd Georgia Recount
Former Trump lawyer urges Georgians to boycott Senate runoff election
- Ballots are being counted in Georgia once again—but elections officials don't believe it's going to be third time lucky for President Trump. Georgia Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger said Wednesday that "no substantial changes" have been seen from any county so far in the recount, CNN...
Hannity Has New
Advice for Trump
Dec 1, 2020 7:14 AM CST
Hannity Has New Advice for Trump
Fox host uses radio, TV shows to advise president to pardon himself
- Sean Hannity is making his advice to President Trump loud and clear: Pardon yourself. The Fox News host used both his TV show and his radio show Monday to spread the message, reports Business Insider . "The president out the door needs to pardon his whole family and himself,"...
Lawyer Fired by Trump
Files Election Fraud Suits
Nov 26, 2020 3:35 PM CST
Lawyer Fired by Trump Files Election Fraud Suits
Sidney Powell sues in Michigan and Georgia, which already certified results
- Sidney Powell has filed lawsuits in Michigan and Georgia claiming election fraud, despite her having been publicly disowned by the Trump campaign. The suits blame supposed vote-counting inaccuracies on voting machines, mail-in ballots, and former Venezuelan President Hugo Chávez, Bloomberg reports. Powell posted the suits, which were filled with...
More Trump Pardons
Are Coming: Reports
Nov 25, 2020 8:24 AM CST
More Trump Pardons Are Coming: Reports
Michael Flynn is the biggest name on the table, according to Axios and 'NYT'
- Apparently the White House turkey won't be the only one receiving a presidential pardon this fall. Axios and the
New York Times
are reporting that President Trump is expected to pardon his former national security adviser Michael Flynn—and several other undisclosed people—before his term is up. Flynn...
Trump: We're Still Fighting
Nov 24, 2020 6:41 AM CST
Trump: We're Still Fighting
'Will never concede to fake ballots'
- Even though the White House made a big concession to Joe Biden on Monday on his presidential transition, that doesn't mean President Trump is done trying to overturn the election results in court. Trump's legal team is again focusing on Pennsylvania, where it asked a federal appeals court...
Gets the Boot
Nov 23, 2020 2:22 AM CST
Controversial Trump Lawyer Gets the Boot
Sidney Powell cut by campaign
- A controversial member of President Trump's legal team has been shown the door. Sidney Powell, the lawyer called out by Tucker Carlson over her refusal to present evidence of her claim that Dominion voting machines switched millions of votes from Trump to Biden, is now "practicing law on...
Have a New
of Their Own
Nov 21, 2020 1:20 PM CST
Conservatives Have a New Target—One of Their Own
Tucker Carlson sought evidence for a conspiracy theory
- Tucker Carlson made quite a few enemies this week after questioning a conspiracy theory advanced by one of President Trump's lawyers, the
New York Times
reports. On Thursday, the Fox News host addressed Sidney Powell's allegation that a leftist cabal—fueled by "communist money" from "Venezuela,...
Popular on Newser
Singer's Decision to Catch COVID on Purpose Kills Her
Removal of Roosevelt Statue Begins
Alec Baldwin Sued by Family of Fallen Marine
Decrepit Zero-Bedroom Home Sells for 'Head-Scratcher' Price
FBI Searches Congressman's Home
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.