Think you know how to tie on one? You're a piker compared to these historical debauches:
- Admiral Edward Russell's 17th-century throwdown. His punch had 250 gallons of brandy, 125 gallons of Malaga wine, 1,400 pounds of sugar, 2,500 lemons, 20 gallons of lime juice, and 5 pounds of nutmeg.
- The London Brew-nami of 1814. A river of beer—1.3 million gallons of it—washed down the street, caving in two buildings and killing nine people.
- Henry Hudson gets the entire Delaware Indian tribe drunk on brandy in 1609.
- In 1805 Admiral Horatio Nelson's body is stored in a vat of rum and the vat is dry upon arrival in England.
- Elephants raid Indian army outpost at Bagdora and drink entire rum ration.
(Read more hangover