With the NFL lockout dragging on, a lot of players might just be looking for work. Thankfully, Bleacher Report is here to help. Here are some gigs that top players are trying out:
- Comedian—You don’t need to do years of standup to get a comedy gig; you just need to be a well-known pro football player. DeSean Jackson and Thomas Jones, for example, are “working” for Jimmy Kimmel. (See videos.)
- Major League Soccer player—Chad Ochocinco tried out for the Kansas City Wizards. He didn’t wind up making the team, but he is now an “honorary member.”
- Boxer—Hey, NFL players are already good at hitting people. Tom Zbikowski of the Ravens has jumped into the ring, and so far he’s 4-0.
- Barista—OK, so he’s not always behind the counter, but Eagles offensive tackle Winston Justice has opened his own coffee shop named “Elixer.”
- Suit salesman—Eagles linebacker Moise Fokou has taken on a number of internships, including one in radio marketing and one selling suits for Eric Finn Custom Clothiers. “I told him I’d come work with him if the lockout drags on too long,” he told Philadelphia Sports Daily.
You can see the complete list at Bleacher Report here
. (Read more NFL lockout