Not much is known about Kim Jong Un besides his outfit, his haircut, and his resemblance to his father. Partly that's because information out of North Korea (like Kim Jong Il's alleged ability to control the weather) is best taken with a little salt, NPR reports. But some scuttlebutt on North Korea's new leader is making the rounds:
- Jong Un apparently studied in Switzerland, where he learned English, French, German, and skiing.
- He is probably Jong Il's son by his third and favorite partner (or maybe wife), a Japanese dancer. She doted on Jong Un and called him "Morning Star King," the BBC notes.
- Jong Un likes James Bond and Jean-Claude Van Damme movies, CTV News reports. He has also spent hours drawing meticulous portraits of basketball legend Michael Jordan, says the Washington Post.
- According to North Korea, he's a four-star general. Rumor has it he's married.
- He was his father's favorite, especially after half-brother Kim Jong Nam embarrassed the family by using a fake passport to visit Tokyo Disneyland 10 years ago.
- Der Spiegel reports that Jong Un is tough and ambitious, resembling his father both in looks and personality, according to Jong Il's former Japanese chef.
One tidbit we've reported: Jong Un may have had surgery to look like his grandfather
. (Read more Kim Jong Un