The Advocate has crunched the numbers to determine the "gayest cities in America." This isn't some census-based survey, but rather a "decidedly objective" equation that factors in everything from the number of elected LGBT officials to the presence of nude yoga classes. And the winners are:
- Salt Lake City, Utah: Salt Lake? Yup. It's changed, boasting "more than a half-dozen hot spots for men and women," plus a lesbian-owned wine bar. The Sundance Film Festival brings in LGBT movie fans, too.
- Orlando: Gay Days at Disney World, protections for domestic partners, and "more gay softball teams than you can shake a Louisville Slugger at," writes Matthew Breen.
- Cambridge, Mass: Laws have protected transgenders since 1997, plus it has a gay club with male dancers six nights a week.
- Fort Lauderdale: With less spring break thuggery and a growing number of gay bars and restaurants, this is a "rising homo mecca."
- Seattle: A "robust LGBT scene," not to mention Dan Savage.
Click for the full list of 15
, plus 10 honorable mentions. (Read more gay rights