Apple became the world's most valuable company ever yesterday, after its stock jumped 2.6% to an all-time high of $665.15. If that seems like a lot for a single share of something, well, the AP doesn't exactly disagree. It rounds up six other ways you could spend $665:
- A Steve Jobs-themed gift set: A St. Croix black mock turtleneck ($185), a pair of dark stonewash Levi's 501 jeans ($48), a pair of grey New Balance 991 running shoes ($150), a 16 GB iPhone 4S ($199 with wireless service plan), and The Beatles Anthology Box Set ($80 on iTunes). Total: $662.
- 14 cases of McIntosh apples: For the true apple lover, that's more than 1,040 pieces of fresh fruit, home-delivered from Fresh Direct. $650.
- A night on Broadway: Two premium orchestra seats for the Tony-award-winning musical The Book of Mormon, plus refreshments during intermission. About $650.
- Designer heels: One pair of Jimmy Choo apple-red patent-leather peep-toe pumps. $665.
- More stock in another tech company: 21 shares of Microsoft stock. $645.54, at yesterday's closing price.
- An iPad alternative: Or a few of them ... three BlackBerry PlayBook 7-inch tablets, once positioned by RIM as alternative to iPad. About $606 through Amazon.com.
(Read more Apple