President Obama finished second in last night's debate, pundits agree, but both candidates managed to come out with a few memorable lines. Politico rounds up some of the best.
- "Mr. President, you’re entitled to your own house and your own airplane, but not your own facts."
- "Look, I got five boys. I’m used to people saying something that’s not always true, but just keep on repeating it and ultimately hoping I will believe it."
- "I’m sorry, Jim, I’m gonna stop the subsidy to PBS … I like PBS. I love Big Bird. I actually like you, too."
- "Under Gov. Romney’s definition, there are a whole bunch of millionaires and billionaires who are small business. Donald Trump is small business. And I know Donald Trump doesn’t like to think of himself as small anything."
- "For 18 months he’s been running on this tax plan and now, five weeks before the election, he is saying that his big, bold idea is … never mind."
- "By the way, I have become fond of this term ObamaCare."
Both candidates mentioned Obama's wedding anniversary. "There are a lot of points I want to make tonight, but the most important one is that 20 years ago I became the luckiest man on earth because Michelle Obama agreed to marry me," Obama said. "And so I just want to wish, sweetie, you, happy anniversary and let you know that a year from now we will not be celebrating it in front of 40 million people." Romney offered his congratulations, saying, "I’m sure this was the most romantic place you could imagine—here with me." (Read more Obama 2012