If award shows seem to you like a boring waste of time and you're not sure why anyone, even a celebrity, would want to attend, consider this: At least at the Golden Globes, guests get to eat. The Today show takes a look at this Sunday's menu, dreamed up by the executive chefs at the Beverly Hilton, where the ceremony is held:
- Appetizers: There are three: grilled eggplant with sun-dried tomatoes, pine nuts, and hummus on a seared tomato; mini sweet pepper with feta cheese, pomegranate, herbs, and California olive oil on grilled pita; and a grilled artichoke on multigrain tabbouleh and tahini.
- Entree: Mediterranean spice-crusted braised beef short rib and sautéed smoked filet of Atlantic trout, with spinach, sweet corn ragout, and a light cream of tomato dill sauce.
- Dessert: It's called "gusto mango" and involves an almond sponge cake with crème Anglaise and tropical compote topped with a gold-dusted chocolate arc.
- Beverages: Moet & Chandon Grand Vintage 2004, Terrazas chardonnay and Malbec.
- For those with food sensitivities: Vegan, gluten-free moussaka will be available.
(Read more Golden Globes