Students Eat Pot Cookies, End Up in Hospital

2 high school kids hospitalized, 3 others sickened by marijuana-laced treats
By Jenn Gidman,  Newser Staff
Posted Sep 5, 2014 10:44 AM CDT
Students Eat Pot Cookies, End Up in Hospital
This undated file photo provided by Meg Volk shows chocolate chip cookies being presented on a plate.   (AP Photo/Meg Volk, FILE)

(Newser) – A 17-year-old high school student in Richmond, Calif., has been arrested for selling pot-laced cookies during lunch period yesterday—a not-so-sweet treat that ended up sending two of her classmates to the hospital and making three others queasy, reports Reuters. One of the victims at De Anza High School passed out in a classroom, the other one in the main office. Both were "unconscious, unresponsive, and in critical condition" and were rushed to a local hospital, notes Reuters.

One has already gone home after examination, while the other remains under doctors' observation. As for the student who hawked the $3 (or two for $5) cookies? She's in a juvenile detention facility waiting to hear if she'll be expelled. (A Texas teen is also in big trouble for making pot brownies.)

We use cookies. By Clicking "OK" or any content on this site, you agree to allow cookies to be placed. Read more in our privacy policy.
Get the news faster.
Tap to install our app.
Install the Newser News app
in two easy steps:
1. Tap in your navigation bar.
2. Tap to Add to Home Screen.