X

100K Got ObamaCare on Day 1: White House

HHS secretary says website is running pretty smoothly
By Polly Davis Doig,  Newser Staff
Posted Nov 16, 2014 10:40 AM CST

(Newser) – After last year's dismal debut HealthCare.gov is feeling much better now, and is busily connecting Americans with health care plans as the second sign-up period opened yesterday, Health and Human Services Secretary Sylvia Burwell said today. The site took in 100,000 new applications in its first 24 hours, reports Politico, saw 500,000 log in to their accounts, and 1 million more went "window-shopping" for plans. Call centers took 100,000 calls. Burwell said she expects "strong and healthy growth" this year—about another 2 million people to add to the 7 million already signed up, per the AP. A White House spokesman said today there was no indication of problems. "HealthCare.gov works really well now," said President Obama. (Read more ObamaCare stories.)

We use cookies. By Clicking "OK" or any content on this site, you agree to allow cookies to be placed. Read more in our privacy policy.
Get the news faster.
Tap to install our app.
X