Business Insider celebrates Canada Day with a list of Canadian phrases that would likely confuse Americans. A sample:
- Keener: Someone who is "extremely eager or keen." As in, a brownnoser.
- Mickey: A 375 ml bottle of booze.
- Hang a Larry: Turn left.
- Two-four: A case of beer with 24 bottles.
- Toque: The "toohk" is a winter hat, kind of like a beanie.
- Double-double: A Tim Hortons coffee with two creams and two sugars.
- Parkade: A parking garage.
- Dep: A convenience store, at least in Montreal and Quebec.
Click for the full list
, including "toonie." (Read more slang