As promised, Hillary Clinton on Thursday went after Donald Trump in major fashion, warning that he'd be dangerous to both the nation and the world as president. Some of the lines generating the most attention, via Politico, the Guardian, the AP, and the Washington Post:
- “Donald Trump’s ideas aren’t just different, they’re dangerously incoherent. They’re not even really ideas, just a series of bizarre rants, personal feuds, and outright lies."
- "Making Donald Trump our commander-in-chief would be a historic mistake."
- “He is not just unprepared, he is temperamentally unfit to hold an office that requires knowledge, stability, and immense responsibility."
- "He should not have the nuclear codes because it’s very easy to imagine Donald Trump leading us into a war just because someone got under his very thin skin."
- "There's no risk of people losing their lives if you blow up a golf course deal, but it doesn't work like that in world affairs. ... The stakes in global statecraft are infinitely higher and more complex than in the world of luxury hotels."
- "I will leave it to the psychiatrist to explain his affection for tyrants. (Referring to his positive statements about Vladimir Putin and others.) I just wonder how anyone could be so wrong about who America's real friends are."
- And from Trump: He tweeted, “Bad performance by Crooked Hillary Clinton! Reading poorly from the telepromter [sic]! She doesn’t even look presidential!”
(Read more Hillary Clinton