Is Hillary Clinton's pneumonia a game-changer or a momentary blip in an already bizarre election year? Well, who knows, but here are some interesting reads on the topic:
- The optics of a potential commander-in-chief falling ill at the 9/11 memorial couldn't be worse, writes Dilbert creator Scott Adams. He makes the case that Clinton is now "unelectable" at his blog here.
- But Eric Schmeltzer at the Huffington Post thinks alarmist predictions about Clinton add up to a low moment for the media. She's 68 and campaigning while ill. "That's not weak. That's actually tough as hell." Full post here.
- When you look at the timeline of events, one thing is clear: "The campaign chose to lie," writes Damon Linker at the Week. The big question is whether this will prove to be "catastrophic" for Clinton.
- Is this a serious health concern? "The short answer, at the moment—based on the limited available information about Clinton’s case and viewed independently of any unknown other health issues she may or may not face—is no," Ben Guarino explains at the Washington Post.
- NPR's Cokie Roberts made a rather jarring statement in her report, saying the illness has Democrats "very nervously beginning to whisper about her stepping aside and finding another candidate.” She added that the idea is "unlikely to be a real thing." See the clip via Mediaite.
- Other members of Clinton's staff have fallen similarly ill in recent weeks, according to an anonymously sourced story at People.
- NBC rounds up nine questions about Clinton's pneumonia scare here.
- And, suddenly, a bizarre conspiracy theory springs to life: Clinton uses a body double! The Daily Dot takes a look.
(Read more Hillary Clinton 2016