Jon Stewart doesn't have a national forum anymore, but he got a chance to rip into Donald Trump at a charity event Tuesday night for Stand Up for Heroes, which benefits veterans. Here's a sampling, per Entertainment Weekly, CNN, and USA Today:
- "I thought when a guy got off a bus and says, 'I'm going to grab her on the [expletive deleted],' then OK, we're done. The election is over. Usually that is a signifier that we don't have to pay attention anymore."
- "I played soccer; we do say terrible things to each other, 'I'm gonna (expletive) that girl, whatever. But when people cross a certain line, (the feeling in the locker room becomes) 'We're all being disgusting, but I'm pretty sure that's a crime.'"
- He recalled an old Twitter fight in which Trump called him out for changing his name from Jonathan Leibowitz. “This is when I realized he was trying to point out that I was a Jew. I always thought my face did that.”
- "To be here tonight with you guys, my heroes, on the eve of the last American election is so exciting. I'm not in the game anymore. I'm not as much of a political analyst... but if I could ask you a question that I've been saying to my television, it's 'What the [expletive deleted]? What the [expletive deleted] is going on? What is happening?!'"
- "Vote wisely this November 8th."
(Read more Jon Stewart