More bad news for R. Kelly, in the form of yet another lengthy story alleging abusive treatment of women. In this case, former girlfriend Kitti Jones tells Jason Newman, writing for Rolling Stone, about their two-year relationship. Among the details:
- After she quit her job to move into one of Kelly's residences, he began dictating every aspect of her life, including what she could wear. When she was allowed to leave, she had to send constant texts to Kelly or an aide. One sample: "Daddy, I need to go to the restroom."
- He would use food as punishment, once making her go two and a half days with none. Jones said she'd often be left alone with no phone or money, and no way to contact anyone. She says he often beat her physically for minor transgressions.
- Jones says Kelly would boast of "training" young women as "pets," and order them to have sex with Jones, who felt compelled to agree. Descriptions of Kelly's sexual acts with other women are salacious and come off as degrading. "It was the most horrible thing," says Jones. "People look at it and go, 'Oh, you're grown.' No. You have to actually be there to know exactly what it felt like for a person to overpower you and make you feel like there's nothing for you outside of him."
- At one point, Jones was in the same complex as other women, and they were largely restricted to their rooms. "Any woman living in the studio, she says, was obligated to look down when walking down the hallway or toward the bathroom to avoid looking at other men," Newman writes.
- A spokesperson for Kelly denies the allegations and says he and Jones had a consensual relationship between two adults.
Click for the full story
, which notes that Jones is somewhat unique because she's older than the teens Kelly has been accused of manipulating. She first met Kelly as a radio DJ. (Read more R. Kelly