X

Chris Hardwick Back on AMC After Sexual Assault Probe

Network says returning host to his shows is the 'appropriate' thing to do
By Newser Editors and Wire Services
Posted Jul 25, 2018 6:37 PM CDT
In this Jan. 11, 2018 file photo, Chris Hardwick arrives at the 23rd annual Critics' Choice Awards in Santa Monica, Calif.   (Photo by Jordan Strauss/Invision/AP)

(Newser) – AMC host Chris Hardwick is returning to work after a review of sexual assault allegations against him by a former girlfriend, the AP reports. The network says returning Hardwick to work at Talking Dead and Talking with Chris Hardwick is the "appropriate step" after a review that included interviews with numerous people. It says Hardwick will return to Talking Dead Aug. 12. Substitute host Yvette Nicole Brown will be interim guest host of The Walking Dead Season 9 Preview Special on Aug. 5, and a guest on Talking Dead on Aug. 12. Hardwick has acknowledged that an online post by his ex-girlfriend Chloe Dykstra alleging she had been sexually assaulted and emotionally abused referred to him. He has denied the allegations but has said the couple's three-year relationship was imperfect and included arguments. (Read more AMC stories.)

My Take on This Story
Show results without voting  |  
2%
6%
4%
19%
0%
69%