Book lover Barack Obama is out with a summer reading list. The five making the cut in his new Facebook post:
- Educated, Tara Westover: "A remarkable memoir of a young woman raised in a survivalist family in Idaho who strives for education while still showing great understanding and love for the world she leaves behind." (On Twitter, Westover wrote, "Um, I don't have words....but I'm very grateful.")
- Warlight, Michael Ondaatje: Set after World War II, this book "is a meditation on the lingering effects of war on family."
- A House for Mr Biswas, VS Naipaul: The author's death prompted Obama to reread "the Nobel Prize winner's first great novel about growing up in Trinidad and the challenge of post-colonial identity."
- An American Marriage, Tayari Jones: "A moving portrayal of the effects of a wrongful conviction on a young African-American couple."
- Factfulness, Hans Rosling: The author is "an outstanding international public health expert," and this "is a hopeful book about the potential for human progress when we work off facts rather than our inherent biases."
(Read more Barack Obama